Author Topic: *OFFICIAL* Raw Discussion Thread: 15th October 2012  (Read 949 times)

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
*OFFICIAL* Raw Discussion Thread: 15th October 2012
« on: 15 October 2012, 07:46:35 PM »

Quote from: WWE.com
Following Mr. McMahon's demand that WWE Champion CM Punk pick his Hell in a Cell opponent on tonight's Raw, The Second City Saint tweeted today about what his decision will be: John Cena or Ryback.

@CMPunk's tweet, which surfaced this morning, read:

"I've made my choice. Was easier than ya think. If you've been paying attention you know too. Tune in tonight to find out!"

Will the outspoken champion opt to face Cena in his continued struggle for respect or the undefeated Ryback in an attempt to finally serve the ultra-intense Superstar a taste of defeat? Find out live tonight on Raw, at 8/7 CT on USA Network.
Quote from: CM Punk
Please, if you say ‘Because it’s your destiny’, I swear to jeebus I’m going to start drinking.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
Re: *OFFICIAL* Raw Discussion Thread: 15th October 2012
« Reply #1 on: 15 October 2012, 07:48:24 PM »
I read that the Punk segment will be at 9PM.

Also, Sinsterio vs. Rhodes Scholars should be pretty good.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #2 on: 16 October 2012, 06:47:10 PM »

Ouch.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #3 on: 17 October 2012, 12:11:09 AM »
So why didn't we get Sandow & Rhodes vs Sin Cara & Mysterio?

I enjoyed Raw somewhat. Cesaro vs Gabriel was great to watch and everything with Kofi & Miz was great. I hope Kofi doesn't go back in the dog house after that TOP on Miz like he did when Orton got mad at him. Hope Miz is okay too.

Offline chappers

• Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
« Reply #4 on: 17 October 2012, 12:37:05 AM »
They said Mysterio was unwell, either way, its Cara's fault.

Big Show cut a good promo, but I just don't care about his character at all. Also finding this 45 seconds thing a tease for some sort of cheap victory come hiac, like Ziggler cashing in.

Daniel Bryan backstage promo was pretty good, match with Show was alright if short, didn't mind the aftermath as it keeps Bryan and Kane legit.

CM Punk promo just didn't work I found, he didn't seem comfortable with it for some reason. I thought I would just say, bit of a hunch, but I see Punk losing this title soon, normally happens when they mention how many days someone has held the title.

Del Rio/Clay just seemed pointless, are they going to bother doing something with Brodus? The guy got over, he's fairly original/unique, he's enjoyable in the ring for a big guy, yet they just do the same shit with him. Give him a push for a mid card title, like the intercontinental championship or something.

PTP vs Ryder/Santino, another pointlessly predictable short match but it setup the bandddddddd which I'm all for, I find it hilarious how Jinder had his turban on dressed as a rockstar, seems like such an out of character thing to do lol

Ryback vs Otunga/Ziggler, again short and predictable.

Cesaro vs Gabriel was alright, kind of wish they gave gabriel the win to setup a feud between the two, oh well.

Kane vs Stryker, easy points for the fantasy league, cheers Stryker.

Miz TV was alright, probably carried this more then kofi, but seeing as this is like Kofi's first ever proper promo, hardly a surprise. Want kofi to win the belt.

Sheamus vs Barrett, get the impression the tease between these two will lead to a feud after HiaC.

Annoying that Rhodes Scholars vs Mysterio/Cara didn't take place, but the encore promo at the rock club was really random lol and it was funny how they pussied out of a fight against 2 nobody's.

Miz vs Kofi, good match but finished up with Miz cocking up, he's getting a name as bad as Cara in the ring, at least he can redeem it on the mic now and then. Reckon he'll drop the title now; hopefully. Personal thoughts aside, I hope he's alright as it looked proper nasty that kick lol.

Contract signing, loved the "egomaniac" comment, enjoyed the way it built up, I knew whatever happened Ryback would put his name on that contract no matter what ha, kind of pumped for this match at least its something different and its two superstars i enjoy. I just feel like they could have held this off a bit later. As for what will happen, possible interference from Lesnar (not like we've seen him for ages and would make sense with the whole heyman faction thing going on). Think this match could go either way, I just hope that Ryback either wins, or looks good if he loses; bitching him out in any possible way would be the worst result but I don't see that happening.

Typical RAW though, same predictable results with nothing new or innovative.

Crowd sucked tonight as well, didn't react to anything really.

Offline Leonardo Lunchbox

• Baby, I'm an Anarchist
  • FUCK YOU GET PUMPED
  • Favourite Promotion(s): Pro Wrestling Guerrilla
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Alex Shelley
« Reply #5 on: 17 October 2012, 01:30:13 AM »
The band is really fucking dumb, that is all.

I liked that kick from Kofi was the most satisfying thing Miz has done since beating Cena at Mania.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #6 on: 17 October 2012, 02:21:40 AM »
They said Mysterio was unwell, either way, its Cara's fault.

One could say... Mysterio's wellness was... violated

CM Punk promo just didn't work I found, he didn't seem comfortable with it for some reason. I thought I would just say, bit of a hunch, but I see Punk losing this title soon, normally happens when they mention how many days someone has held the title.

It was pretty clear that promo was just meant to kill time seeing as they teased him announcing his decision but decided to put it at the end of the show. I hate promos that have no point like that.

Del Rio/Clay just seemed pointless, are they going to bother doing something with Brodus? The guy got over, he's fairly original/unique, he's enjoyable in the ring for a big guy, yet they just do the same shit with him. Give him a push for a mid card title, like the intercontinental championship or something.

Considering how they've been squashing him lately I'd say this gimmick is about done.

Also, 3MB is amazing, I don't know what the fuck Leo is talking about.

Offline Leonardo Lunchbox

• Baby, I'm an Anarchist
  • FUCK YOU GET PUMPED
  • Favourite Promotion(s): Pro Wrestling Guerrilla
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Alex Shelley
« Reply #7 on: 17 October 2012, 02:54:09 AM »
I didn't understand McMahon theory. "Well you took to much time choosing who your going to face for the title so in a hour or so ill make the choice for you."
I also appreciated the shit out of Ziggler's promo because i felt it was really true. Im just hoping this isn't leading to Ziggler/Ryback after Hell In A Cell.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #8 on: 17 October 2012, 04:53:29 AM »
I'm loving the band myself. just because of how random it is and i am a mark for Drew.

Forgot about the Ziggler promo is was very good. i still don't want him cashing in until at least the elimination chamber.

Also Enjoyed Bryan vs Big Show.