Author Topic: *OFFICIAL* Raw Discussion Thread: October 1st, 2012  (Read 1136 times)

Offline Majin HoHo

• Life is a Team Sport
*OFFICIAL* Raw Discussion Thread: October 1st, 2012
« on: 30 September 2012, 09:11:29 PM »

A New Predator on The Food Chain

WWE Champion CM Punk last Monday night on Raw got a very similar message from both Mick Foley and John Cena: a champion submits his legacy with actions and definitive moments. However, in CM Punk's mind, he has already done everything and more to gain the respect that he craves. And for the WWE Champion and his business associate Paul Heyman, the continuation of Punk's lengthy reign as WWE Champion seemed to have gotten slightly easier with the recent injury and surgery that John Cena underwent, putting the Cenation Leader's status in question for Hell in a Cell...however, something happened that Punk and Heyman may not have counted on, as the undefeated Mental Machine known as Ryback made his presence felt at the end of Raw, staring down CM Punk with that same hungry glare that has spelled nothing but doom for anybody who's dared to face him. And with impressive victories over Intercontinental Champion The Miz and Tensai last week, has Ryback's hunger become so insatiable that only the destruction of the "Best in the World" will ease it?

Also on Raw

The WWE's Tag Team Division has not been this hot in a long time, as Smackdown General Manager Booker T has organized an eight-team tournament to decide the next challengers for WWE Tag Team Champions Kane and Daniel Bryan. While Dr. Shelby continues to help the unlikely duo overcome their rage and their dislike of one another, tension between the two continues to be palpable. In addition, World Heavyweight Champion Sheamus learned on Smackdown that he must face the Big Show inside of the confines of Hell in a Cell for his title. Sheamus loves a fight, but he's never faced a mastodon like Big Show throughout his reign. Are the days numbered for the Celtic Warrior's reign as World Heavyweight Champion?

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
Re: *OFFICIAL* Raw Discussion Thread: October 1st, 2012
« Reply #1 on: 1 October 2012, 12:12:45 AM »
Dat pinkeye!

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #2 on: 1 October 2012, 05:18:05 AM »
I haven't seen WWE do a tournament in a long time. Real excited to see how that plays out.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #3 on: 1 October 2012, 09:50:09 AM »
I'm all for tournaments but i know only 1 of these three teams will win, PTP, Rey & Cara or most likely winners Sandow & Rhodes so that takes my excitement out of it.

I'd really like to see Kidd & Gabriel surprise everyone and win it.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #4 on: 1 October 2012, 03:28:47 PM »
I'm all for tournaments but i know only 1 of these three teams will win, PTP, Rey & Cara or most likely winners Sandow & Rhodes so that takes my excitement out of it.

I'd really like to see Kidd & Gabriel surprise everyone and win it.

You mentioned like 3 teams lol. I don't see why that should take the fun out of 7 prominently featured tag team matches.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 2 October 2012, 05:22:03 AM »
I don't know if i was just really in the mood for wrestling tonight or what it was but i loved the hell out of Raw this week.

Opening stuff with all of WWE's finest was great! we got D- Bry & Kane, Ziggler, Heyman andPunk all in the same segment and i loved it.

Prio & Epico vs Rey & Cara wasn't great but also wasn't bad either.

I really enjoyed Antonio Cesaro going over Brodus Clay. Kind of feel bad for Clay who was one of the most over guys just a few months ago but at the same time im even happier for Cesaro.

Miz vs Ryder was okay but im just glad Ryder is back to being on TV normally...even if he is a jobber.

Sheamus, Big Show debate stuff was probab;y the low point of the night. didn't make me want to see there match any more than i did and i thought Sheamus did a pretty poor job on the mic.

Ryback going over albert is good. its a shame he couldn't lift him on this time, he did it on SD but just couldn't pull it off here on Raw but it didn't seem to stop this push they are giving him which i like but i still odn't want him to be WWE Champion and i also don't want him to lose yet either.

Eve vs Beth i didn't pay much attention to but i looked overand saw the finish and i thought it was a really weak finish.

Sandow vs Sheamus was a great match. Has to be one of Sheamus's top 5 matches up there with his matches against Morrison, Bryan and Ziggler. I just keep liking Sandow more and more and i think he may end up being the World champion by the end of next year. The only part i didn't really like about this was the ending. after such a great back and forth match shemus just kills Cody & Sandow with the borough kick...ehh i still very much enjoyed this.

JR/CM Punk stuff was great. I love Punk having these confrontations with these great legends as of late. he's kind of like a different version of Heath Slater. lol. Ryback coming out and helping JR and staring punk down was pretty good too beings the crowed was still behind Ryback even after he couldn't get Albert up earlier in the night. Personally i was hoping Swagger would return here and help JR out and turn face and his career would get a much needed change...but no Swagger oh well.

Somewhere in all this we had Heath Slater vs Santino which isn't going to win any MOTY awards but i was just glad to see Encore on the show, i didn't expect it after them being left off both Raw & SD last week. and most of all I'm just happy to see Drew back on Raw...I still don't understand these three as a group though.

Del Rio vs Kofi was much like Miz vs Ryder. Just a squash to get the heel a win and make him look good. i did enjoy Ricardo on commentary though

I didn't really get those little segments with AJ and her "Coach" i think they may have been trying to do something with AJ like they did with Kane, Bryan and DR Shelby but it just didn't work.

I really enjoyed the main event, i mean how could you not? it had the best things going in the WWE. CM Punk, Team Friendship and Dolph Ziggler. I don't mind Punk losing the way he did. it makes Bryan and Kane look even better and im fine with Punk losing matches as long as he defends his WWE Championship successfully. I'm really hoping he last the full year as champ.

Thought JR and Cole did a great job at commentary and overall i just enjoyed the hell out of the show. it wasn't all great but like i said for somre reason i just really enjoyed it.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #6 on: 2 October 2012, 06:54:57 AM »
When AJ announced she had a coach, I was praying it would be Big Johnny or something. Then it was really confusing timing with Bryan coming out lol.

Great Raw from what I saw. Daniel Bryan is the best thing going in wrestling right now.

Offline chappers

• Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
« Reply #7 on: 4 October 2012, 07:41:43 PM »
Sheamus, Big Show debate stuff was probab;y the low point of the night. didn't make me want to see there match any more than i did and i thought Sheamus did a pretty poor job on the mic.

Definitely agree with this being the low point, it was horrible to watch. Personally though, I thought Big Show was the one who got flustered and didn't really know what to say, he was the one recyling what he was saying, and he was the one that didn't really bring anything to the table. Hell I'm just done with Big Show in the main event in general. At this stage in his career, he should not be the headline act on such a regular basis.

Whether you like Sheamus or not, he is really good at using the mic and has the charisma to pull off the most dire content given to him. I can see why they are trying to make him the next Cena type character, I just wish they wouldn't be so forceful about it.

Kind of bored of the show even if there are some good parts, like the opening promo, Sandow/Sheamus match and the main event. Past few months they have really needed a feud like the Lesnar/Cena one, something brutal that will really draw me in, feels it should be the main event and give me a reason to watch. Its not like the show is terrible at the moment, I just don't care what happens and that's because there isn't much of a consequence to any of these matches. Punk won't lose, neither will Sheamus and the rest of the show feels a bit too predictable if its something I enjoy (I AM THE TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS) or bland if I don't (like that fatal four way at the last PPV).