Author Topic: *OFFICIAL* Raw Discussion Thread: September 10th, 2012  (Read 756 times)

Offline Majin HoHo

• Life is a Team Sport
*OFFICIAL* Raw Discussion Thread: September 10th, 2012
« on: 10 September 2012, 02:35:24 PM »

A Dangerous Alliance

CM Punk's quest for respect has taken a very "extreme" twist following the events of last week's episode of Raw, after he not only walked out of a Champion vs Champion Match against Sheamus and cost John Cena a victory in his Falls Count Anywhere Match against Alberto Del Rio. CM Punk got in Cena's face and uttered just one word before leaving in a black sedan: "Respect!" The driver of that particular car? None other than Paul Heyman, the legal adviser (and some would argue, handler) of the beast known as Brock Lesnar. It was over a year ago that Punk cut a promo heard around the world and proclaimed himself a "Paul Heyman guy." What does this all of this mean for the long-reigning WWE Champion and his challenger at Night of Champions?

Also on Raw

Tensions are heating up with regards to Raw General Manager AJ Lee. With the decree that she is no longer permitted to put her hands on Superstars and other contracted employees, AJ was verbally and physically bullied by Vickie Guerrero, manager of Mr. Money in the Bank Dolph Ziggler. With Superstars already showing less than absolute respect to her authority and with constant pressure coming from both sides of the spectrum, how will the already unstable AJ respond?

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
Re: *OFFICIAL* Raw Discussion Thread: September 10th, 2012
« Reply #1 on: 10 September 2012, 07:44:21 PM »
All these guys are in the building right next to where I work right now. Not going tonight though.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #2 on: 10 September 2012, 10:59:23 PM »
I Hope Miz and Cesaro get legit feuds so we know who they face at NOC.

Offline Leonardo Lunchbox

• Baby, I'm an Anarchist
  • FUCK YOU GET PUMPED
  • Favourite Promotion(s): Pro Wrestling Guerrilla
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Alex Shelley
« Reply #3 on: 11 September 2012, 01:41:13 AM »
There will be a battle royal for the US title preshow.

Offline chappers

• Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
« Reply #4 on: 12 September 2012, 10:38:48 PM »
I know Lawler's heart attack has been the talking point this week, but I thought I would just say that the David Otunga, Sheamus and Ricardo Rodriguez filmed promo was a welcome addition; similarly following suit to Bryan and Kane's "anger management" sessions. I would be open to more of these pre recorded promos, gives some of the guys a chance to broaden their gimmicks and promos. We can now see Otunga being a lawyer, rather then spending months after months banging on about how he'll sue etc. I know I've found myself liking these guys more now they've featured in them.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #5 on: 13 September 2012, 01:18:54 AM »
I liked that segment, but Sheamus needs to tone down the racism a little bit.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Leonardo Lunchbox

• Baby, I'm an Anarchist
  • FUCK YOU GET PUMPED
  • Favourite Promotion(s): Pro Wrestling Guerrilla
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Alex Shelley
« Reply #6 on: 13 September 2012, 02:45:58 AM »
The segment got really lost. I did laugh at the Lipshitz part but after that it just got really weird. I felt like Otunga was arguing with a child.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #7 on: 13 September 2012, 03:10:57 AM »
I Enjoyed that too. i actually thought Sheamus seemed somewhat likable

Also the John Cena/CM Punk war of words was fantastic. completely made my interest on this feud do a 180.

Bret Hart/CM Punk stuff at the opening of show was good too.

Honestly with the Jerry Lawler stuff aside i thought Raw was very good.