Author Topic: *OFFICIAL* Raw Discussion Thread: August 6, 2012  (Read 1786 times)

Offline Majin HoHo

• Life is a Team Sport
*OFFICIAL* Raw Discussion Thread: August 6, 2012
« on: 6 August 2012, 04:33:28 PM »

Triple Threat

For a long time now, John Cena has been locked in a bitter feud with the Big Show ever since Big Show helped John Laurinaitis beat Cena at Over the Limit. In recent weeks, Big Show and CM Punk have exchanged a few words about Punk's WWE Title reign. And of course, John Cena and CM Punk have been rivals on and off for over a year now. After John Cena and the Big Show wrestled to a no contest last week thanks to interference from CM Punk, the new Raw General Manager, AJ, announced that at Summerslam we'd see a triple threat match for the WWE Title: much to the dismay of the champion. Punk's behaviour and motivations has been called into question in recent weeks. What will the controversial superstar say or do next? And what affects will this have for his WWE Championship and his opponents? Find out on this week's Monday Night Raw.

Also on Raw

Who is crazier? Daniel Bryan or AJ? That is the question that everybody has been asking lately. AJ has been an emotional figure ever since Daniel Bryan broke up with her after Wrestlemania, while Bryan's madness has continued to grow to the point where he is now calling out actor Charlie Sheen. What could possibly be next for these two crazy characters? Last week on Raw, we saw that Randy Orton returned, defeating Heath Slater with ease. After delivering an RKO to Del Rio on SmackDown, could the Viper be on his way to the World Heavyweight Championship? Or will another superstar challenge Orton? Who will Heath Slater face this week? What's next for Triple H and Brock Lesnar? Make sure you watch three hours of Monday Night Raw.

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
Re: *OFFICIAL* Raw Discussion Thread: August 6, 2012
« Reply #1 on: 6 August 2012, 08:50:09 PM »
Raw really needs to do something to impress me because lately I am finding both shows below average on a regular basis. WWE in the past several months has been of the lowest standard that I can recall.

Offline chappers

• Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
« Reply #2 on: 6 August 2012, 11:49:11 PM »
Make sure you watch three hours of Monday Night Raw.

Really can't be bothered, even though last weeks episode was considerably better. Like J FRICKING D said I'm bored of WWE, Olympics is on and 3 hours is just too much time.

Offline Leonardo Lunchbox

• Baby, I'm an Anarchist
  • FUCK YOU GET PUMPED
  • Favourite Promotion(s): Pro Wrestling Guerrilla
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Alex Shelley
« Reply #3 on: 7 August 2012, 03:52:58 AM »
All im getting from this RAW is that Daniel Bryan is a absolute mad man and the only fun thing in the WWE. I need more of him yelling in peoples faces on my TV weekly.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #4 on: 7 August 2012, 04:07:15 AM »
*Sheamus commits grand theft auto.*

Cole: How can you condone these actions, King?
King: I love the Alamo!

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

• Baby, I'm an Anarchist
  • FUCK YOU GET PUMPED
« Reply #5 on: 7 August 2012, 04:13:29 AM »
That was shit on the side of Del Rio's car right? I aint ever seen mud like that. I hate how WWE is trying to make Sheamus likeable, and i swear to god if he breaks up Del Rio and Ricardo Rodriguez he will be the ultimate heel forever. Like he could legit save a shit ton of people from a fire in real life and i will still look down on him as a asshole.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #6 on: 7 August 2012, 05:50:05 AM »
Raw wasn't bad, it also wasn't good, it was just pretty boring overall and pretty basic. I figure if someof the outcomes would have been different i would have enjoyed it more beings we did Rey vs Punk, Bryan vs Cena and ADR vs Christian. All the results were just really obvious and so that made me not even care about the matches.

I also don't get that the WWE has Miz job to Kane for no real reason. PTP lose yet again, do they ever win as a team? and then the US and divas champion weren't even on the show yet Kelly Kelly is on the show. bet that makes Layla feel like shit.lol. and Kofi & Truth just show up on a stage. Bad night for all champions who aren't world champions.

Also the storyline between Tyson Kidd and Albert did not resume. I guess no real push for Kidd afterall.

I don't mind Ziggler losing but why did he lose to Alex Riley? You got a guy in Zack Ryder or hell even Santino who are 20 times more over than Riley yet Riley gets on Raw and gets a win? ehh. oh well no big deal.

Anyone noticed how odd King & Cole looked clapping for HBK? just looked weird.

HBK/Brock/Heyman/Triple H stuff was good. I expect Brock to take out HBK before mania.

Orton vs Show...meh. Pointless too. double count out. Orton who doesn't have a match at summer slam gets no build towards one and comes out on top of show after the match. show who is in the wwe title match gets laid out by orton and also wasn't able to beat him unlike Cena & Punk...Show of course ended Raw on top but orton match and aftermath didn't help.

Hawkins & Reks on Raw is good. Hawkins & Reks jobbing to Ryback at the same time? not so good.

Sandow Beating the shit out of Brodus Clay is always fun. Sucks for Clay though because he looks like a total bitch now but i still thin when he turns heel it will be a great heel turn.

CM Punk was really good this week especially around the end of the show on commentary.

After Raw went off the air, John Cena came out and introduced a video tribute to Shawn Michaels. Michaels then came out to the ring, followed by Triple H, and CM Punk. Punk thank Michaels for inspiring him and noted Shawn's autograph is one he has kept since age 15.

After Punk left, Vince McMahon came out and told Michaels that he felt like a father to him and said, "I love you son," and they hugged. Hunter then brought out the entire locker room. Out came Undertaker.

Taker told Michaels that if he had to list his Top 5 matches of all-time, Shawn would be directly responsible in some way for three of them. He then thanked Shawn for being a friend, and they hugged.

Shawn Michaels was presented with a commemorative plaque to honor his work for the AT&T Center, as well. The last person who came out was John Laurinaitis, who received an immediate Sweet Chin Music out of the ring. Hunter and McMahon rolled Johnny back into the ring to chants of "One more time," which Michaels obliged.

Michaels closed by thanking everyone for supporting him, then he, Triple H, and Taker posed for pictures to end the night in a WrestleMania 28 reunion.

That was after Raw and seemed better than everything on the show especially the johnny part.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #7 on: 7 August 2012, 03:04:06 PM »
I hope they filmed that for the internet. Sounds awesome.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #8 on: 7 August 2012, 03:49:11 PM »

Actually a pretty great promo. It's like he's WWE's Bane or something. That blank stare makes him look retarded though.

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
« Reply #9 on: 7 August 2012, 03:59:14 PM »
That promo is absolutely laughable and I would never compare it to Bane. I do look forward to his return but there's something about him that doesn't click for me. I don't know if its his voice or what but I always felt McIntyre was the better big guy despite the fact he is Scottish.

I read the results of Raw and chose not to watch  :P

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #10 on: 7 August 2012, 05:04:17 PM »
I Agree With JD. I always preferred McIntyre.over Barret. McIntyre always seems to wrestle with more intensity and shows more passion and expression While Barret i think is good on the mic but everywhere else is just boring.

I will say that promo did make him seem a little more interesting though.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
« Reply #11 on: 9 August 2012, 01:25:45 AM »
This was the awkward clapping i was talking about....WTF?

Offline chappers

• Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
« Reply #12 on: 9 August 2012, 01:38:37 AM »
I Agree With JD. I always preferred McIntyre.over Barret. McIntyre always seems to wrestle with more intensity and shows more passion and expression While Barret i think is good on the mic but everywhere else is just boring.

I just don't get what happened with McIntyre, he was the most over heel at one point and looked on the verge of being the next big thing. However, for about 2 years now he's done fuck all except job on the odd occasion, makes no sense, guys got everything, could perhaps sharpen his mic skills a bit but otherwise I couldn't really fault him that much.

As for Barrett, I'm glad he is coming back, guy is natural on the mic in my opinion.

• Baby, I'm an Anarchist
  • FUCK YOU GET PUMPED
« Reply #13 on: 9 August 2012, 03:21:28 AM »
Im kinda glad i wasn't the only one who thought there clapping was awkward. They look like they have strings attached to there hands like puppets.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
« Reply #14 on: 9 August 2012, 03:24:42 AM »

I just don't get what happened with McIntyre, he was the most over heel at one point and looked on the verge of being the next big thing. However, for about 2 years now he's done fuck all except job on the odd occasion, makes no sense, guys got everything, could perhaps sharpen his mic skills a bit but otherwise I couldn't really fault him that much.

As for Barrett, I'm glad he is coming back, guy is natural on the mic in my opinion.

I think his initial push was stopped because of something between him and his wife at the time Tiffany. I remember reading some sort of report that there was some domestic violence and i think it was on Tiffanys part.  of course i could be wrong beings it was a long time ago. But I still don't get why he isn't pushed now. besides the fact that there is a lot of heels on the roster.