Author Topic: The NWO of the NBA  (Read 763 times)

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
The NWO of the NBA
« on: 22 June 2012, 03:23:18 PM »

This feels... right.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Majin HoHo

• Life is a Team Sport
Re: The NWO of the NBA
« Reply #1 on: 22 June 2012, 08:47:39 PM »
Hey, they earned that NBA Title, just hope it doesn't turn into 3-5 championship run,lol.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #2 on: 23 June 2012, 01:23:05 AM »
That was pretty awesome! anyone ever see this?

And of course from last night this pretty much sums up Chris Bosh in the best way.lol.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #3 on: 23 June 2012, 02:30:56 AM »
Sorry, these are the ultimate Chris Bosh gifs:

Offline Rhymin' Greiman

• Super Duper Moderator
  • Global Moderator
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Kane, Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Randy Orton, Bryan Danielson, The Miz, and RVD
« Reply #4 on: 23 June 2012, 03:43:48 PM »
Let's hope this championship strategy doesn't lead to more teams buying their championships by letting their entire roster go knowing full well the the upcoming free agent period holds several superstars.rather than growing their own talent....  I've hated LeBron for the longest time so him winning a title just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Offline Leonardo Lunchbox

• Baby, I'm an Anarchist
  • FUCK YOU GET PUMPED
  • Favourite Promotion(s): Pro Wrestling Guerrilla
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Alex Shelley
« Reply #5 on: 23 June 2012, 04:19:26 PM »
Wait wait wait. Heat used the same formula that the Lakers and the Celtics did so none of that bullshit in here.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #6 on: 23 June 2012, 05:52:30 PM »
It doesn't make it any less cheap. The NBA is a joke.

• Baby, I'm an Anarchist
  • FUCK YOU GET PUMPED
« Reply #7 on: 23 June 2012, 09:38:07 PM »
It is; but who's to blame the Heat for jumping on board with that idea? If a player is willing to take less money to build a better team im 110% fine with that. It shows the drive to win more than anything.

We all saw that no matter how good Lebron was he wasn't going to do shit in Cleveland due to the fact that Dan Gilbert couldn't build a team around him (Really Delonte West and Old Man Shaq are the best you can do?). Guarantee that the Thunder, Clippers, and Knicks will be looking to add Dwight Howard to make there own version of the big three.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #8 on: 23 June 2012, 10:29:15 PM »
I don't blame Lebron for anything. The dude was offered money and a near guarantee of multiple championships and he took it. He would have been an idiot not to. The joke is the league and the people around it. Of course it's Cleveland's fault he left, and it's the league's and the media's fault for allowing it to become a public breakup. "Lebron's Decision" ESPN specials? Really? I just watched a video of Mark Cuban going on ESPN to rip Skip Bayless's ass in half, and that tells me everything I need to know about the NBA.

Offline chappers

• Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
« Reply #9 on: 23 June 2012, 11:04:15 PM »
I think most sports are like that, I was watching european championship football (soccer) match the other day and they were trying to blur the eurozone debt crisis into the Germany vs Greece football match, was pretty pathetic really as I doubt most of the people on the pitch even understood it. In general though, football is massively built up over here to the point where its over dramatised and read into far too much detail. The amount of build up England had from our press before the world cup a couple years ago was ridiculous. They build up this divine right that our national team are better then everyone else and can win no matter what with little to no evidence backing it up (2 years prior they couldn't even qualify for a lesser tournament!). Its completely wrong and marks a bad image on the sport. Same with the tennis, all the commentators here literally bum Andy Murray and think he is the man to beat, often talking over another match not involving him just to talk about how great Murray is and how he'll win this and that tournament. Its a load of rubbish, particularly pathetic when they ignore Djokovic, Nadal and Federer's achievements. Its bad for sport in general, the sport itself is usually ignored by the presenter/commentators to just get people believing their own narrow minded philosophy.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #10 on: 24 June 2012, 02:38:58 AM »
I don't like it but it's been being done for years by other teams and other sports. of course the New York Yankees come to mind.

• Baby, I'm an Anarchist
  • FUCK YOU GET PUMPED
« Reply #11 on: 25 June 2012, 09:20:31 PM »
Fact is Yankees roster is made up of homegrown talent, a few outside superstars and very well picked role players. I have zero problem with them investing the money right back into the team instead of pocketing it.