Author Topic: Smackdown Spoilers from 6-19-2012  (Read 935 times)

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
Smackdown Spoilers from 6-19-2012
« on: 20 June 2012, 03:49:14 AM »
- Thanks to Joe and Micah for the following WWE SmackDown spoilers from tonight's tapings in Baltimore, Maryland:

Dark Match:

* Damien Sandow defeated Percy Watson.

* Sin Cara beat Antonio Cesaro by count out when Cesaro walked out.

SmackDown, Airing Friday:

* Teddy Long kicks off SmackDown and is all smiles with John Laurinaitis gone. Big Show comes out and is met by Brodus Clay. They brawl until David Otunga makes the save for Show. Big Show hits the WMD on Clay and stares down Otunga. Show left by himself. There was tons of heel heat or Big Show in this segment.

* Ryback won another squash. His opponents were Jared Walkler and Frank Valencia, and they cut a promo before the match.

* Mick Foley is backstage in his General Manager role. Vickie Guerrero reveals she will be the GM of RAW and SmackDown next week. It's announced The Great Khali will be her assistant and we get some comedy.

* Daniel Bryan does a "Memorable Moment" video for the 1,000th RAW.

* Alberto Del Rio defeated Christian in a non-title match. Cody Rhodes came out after the match and laid Christian out.

* Kane defeated Daniel Bryan in a good back and forth match with AJ Lee out as the guest timekeeper. AJ rings the bell as Kane is in the Yes Lock. The referee says the match is not over and Kane chokeslams Bryan for the win. AJ skips away smiling.

* Mick Foley comes out to the ring but is interrupted by Heath Slater running his mouth. This leads to Slater vs. Zack Ryder.

* Zack Ryder beat Heath Slater.

The Usos vs. Darren Young and Titus O'Neil is next. The Primetime Players get the win after a distraction from AW.

* Backstage segment with Mick Foley and Zack Ryder celebrating. They run into Damien Sandow and have words.

* AW is backstage celebrating with Young and O'Neil when they are attacked by Epico and Primo.

* Santino Marella comes out looking for the best fan signs in the crowd. A woman comes into the ring wearing a Santino t-shirt. She's obviously a plant as she reveals a Cobra on her hand. Their Cobras kiss then they kiss and Santino passes out. Santino has found a new love.

* Sheamus defeated Dolph Ziggler.

The Good:
Zack Ryder is on the show and gets a win
Sin Cara is not on the show
Ziggler vs Sheamus and Bryan vs Kane and Christian vs Del Rio could be good
Possibly a Sandow vs Ryder feud?
Clay/Show stuff could be good

The Bad:
Ziggler loses again, the win over Swagger becomes pretty meaningless
Antonio Cesaro is left off the show once again.
Santino Segment. Can we please get the title off of him now?
Daniel Bryan loses again
Not sure what i think about Christian losing to Del Rio.

The Other:
Tag Team shit
Ryback weekly squash

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
Re: Smackdown Spoilers from 6-19-2012
« Reply #1 on: 20 June 2012, 05:16:08 AM »
* Mick Foley is backstage in his General Manager role. Vickie Guerrero reveals she will be the GM of RAW and SmackDown next week. It's announced The Great Khali will be her assistant and we get some comedy.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #2 on: 20 June 2012, 06:32:05 AM »
Yeah i don't get that. Hopefully with Vickie in charge Ziggler or Swagger gets a US title shot and wins it. Or vickie will put them in world title matches and both guys will just lose like always.

Offline chappers

• Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
« Reply #3 on: 20 June 2012, 09:48:58 AM »

Just to further emphasise the point ha

-----

At least this show looks better then RAW, still annoying things, especially Santino which at the moment is a love hate thing as he's scoring me some points for the fantasy league, otherwise it is terrible. Kind of wish Sandow had more prominence on this show but I'll take the backstage segment. No Sin Cara can only be a good thing, now just keep it that way. I agree on Cesaro as well, why aren't they using him, perhaps when we get heel GM in next week he'll be used?

What was the point in Foley being GM this week, he's done nothing. I like the guy but come on if you are going to have him for two episodes use him.

I'm actually pumped for seeing Heath Slater run his mouth lol.

Sheamus defeating Dolph pretty much writes off that match for MitB, bad move.

Tag team segment again is a good thing for the division, they just need to keep this up.
« Last Edit: 20 June 2012, 10:01:09 AM by chappers »

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
« Reply #4 on: 21 June 2012, 05:59:42 PM »
Zack Ryder on the show getting a win is good but I wouldn't get too excited as it is probably done to cover loads of fan criticism about him not appearing on Raw but then next week he will be gone again without any explanation.
As for Heath Slater he is actually impressing me because he is being an idiot getting squashed yet doing it enthusiastically and he's not even cowardly he is just arrogant which is hilarious considering he never wins. I wouldn't mind seeing him perhaps get the piss ripped out of him by Santino then randomly and surprisingly winning the US title and having a run as a complete, cocky idiot.

Ziggler losing to Sheamus again is just unnecessary IMO, first couple of times it was reasonable but now its beginning to become predictable. The problem is he is too good for the midcard yet they don't have the faith to main event him. Perhaps they could give him the MITB but I would also see that as a waste as I actually feel it wouldn't be hard to get him over regardless. The fans love him, he puts on great matches every night, he comes close all the time. They just need to give him a damn main event win.

Rhodes/Christian stuff is okay but I want the feud to end in order for Rhodes to focus on the MITB as I think he really deserves it. They need to put Cesaro back on the show too he was really good yet I can imagine them never using him again. At least we don't have Sin Cara though. Speaking of Sin Cara and Cesaro I'd actually feud the two giving both wins to make it lengthy and exciting then having Cesaro eventually best him as Cesaro is fifty times better.

Ryback squashes are going to go from interesting to a bore if they drag this out too long. Everyone loves Ryback but it can't be hard to find someone to face him.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 22 June 2012, 10:12:54 AM »
Saw an early showing of Smackdown and i gotta say i thought this was the best SD i have seen in a long time.

Big show/Brodus Clay looked like it might be good but when Otunga came out it just kind of killed it for me. Otunga is nice in little backstage segments but not in any sort of wrestling role. The guy has the body but i can't take him serious at all plus he can't wrestle.

He did seem to do the Carlton dance so i found that funny.

Ryback squash was still fun this week, I feel like im getting tired of it but when im watching it im enjoying it.

The backstage segment with Vickie and Foley and Kahli wasn't really that big of a deal. and he didn't really say Kahli would be her assistant i think he said Kahli would do a better job or something like that.

Del Rio vs Christian was a really good match, The most o have enjoyed Del Rio in a long time. I'm not too high on Christian losing but im thinking it's to build Del rio back up to sheamus for MITB. I just don't know why Cody couldn't have cost Christian the match and then attacked him afterwards too so it would make both the IC title and Christian not look as bad.

Bryan vs Kane was actually pretty good. Once again im not too high on Bryan losing but it was done in an okay way.

Slater vs Ryder was really short but it was nice to see Ryder on TV and get a win. i am also really starting to enjoy Heath Slater on the mic.

Wish Sandow would have had a bigger role on the show but i thought his backstage stuff with foley and ryder was good. Looks like we may get a Sandow vs Ryder feud in the future which could be good if they don't just have sandow dominate the whole thing. Why can't this be for the US title?

Speaking of the Santino segment was stupid and seemed super fake. I'm wondering if this lady will becomes Santino's version of sapphire or something like that or if this was just a waste of time.

Tag match was alright, but the backstage brawl that broke out with Epico & Primo with the PTP i liked. i think it made Epico & Primo look a little more legit.

Sheamus vs Ziggler was a GREAT match. Better than their PPV match and better than either of the matches they had on Raw and SD the last few weeks.Also we got more Ziggler chants :D
For the third time in the show i don't like the outcome with ziggler straght up losing but commentary seemed to put him over a little so that kind of helped a bit. still a great match.

Really good to great:
Ziggler vs Sheamus
Del Rio vs Christian
Bryan vs Kane

Fun or Pretty good:
Ryder/Foley/Slater
Ryback Squash
Sandow backstage
Epico/Primo/PTP backstage stuff

Meh:
Santino
Actual tag match
Otunga.Show/Clay

Best WWE Show on TV in a while.
« Last Edit: 22 June 2012, 10:15:41 AM by Adampro123 »

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #6 on: 22 June 2012, 03:20:33 PM »
Good to hear, I'll check out the replay tonight after the NHL draft.

They need to finally start giving Ryback 3 guys to toss around.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #7 on: 23 June 2012, 06:03:33 PM »
I missed the show, but I think I'm just going to watch these instead from now on: