Author Topic: Carlito Shoots on Triple H  (Read 1860 times)

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
Carlito Shoots on Triple H
« on: 16 June 2008, 05:38:50 AM »
At a press conference promoting the 7/2 Raw brand house in Santiago, Chile yesterday, Carlito took aim at Triple H and his marriage to Stephanie McMahon. Carlito spoke in Spanish, and there are two slightly different interpretations online from PWInsider.com and the Puerto Rican wrestling news site PRWrestling.com. Thanks to reader Nizzo, we were able to get a translation of what Carlito said according to the PRWrestling.com news post on the story.

When asked about Triple H's marriage, Carlito said (PWI): "I may get in trouble, but that's why I'm here. My opinion is that it was a smart move by [HHH]. I think that's why he's champion now and has been champion in the past, it's easier to him. We, the real wrestlers, don't depend on people in the business. We don't have that benefit. We have to deliver the maximum in the ring. Others are given championships in a plate of gold or platinum, I'm happy for him."

Same topic, but from PRWrestling.com: "Well I know I'll probably end up with problems but f--- it. It was a smart move on his part [to marry Stephanie McMahon]. That's why he's a champion now and has been for a couple of times. That makes your job a little easier, having people to help you backstage meanwhile us wrestlers break our asses off."

Carlito on Triple H never going overseas to promote WWE (PWI): "I don't see him coming to Chile or Paraguay, places like that. He's always comfortable."

Same topic (PRWrestling): "I've never seen Triple H making promos, traveling to Chile, Paraguay or any other place like that. He's always comfortable at home. That gives you an idea who's actually giving the 100% in this business."

He also talked about some of the fans not respecting John Cena (PRWrestling): "Well, some people might hate him but you people don't really know how much of a worker he is. He really loves his fans. I know you people are sick of him being feed even if you don't want to. But you have to respect the guy. He's always making promos worldwide, has little days off, spends time with fans, etc. As much as you hate him, you have to respect him."

During the press conference, Carlito also said that he has been discriminated against in WWE because of his Latin heritage, although he didn't specify anything. Carlito said his heritage makes things harder for him, but he doesn't regret being Latino.

Mr. Kennedy was also at the press conference, but remained in character.

It's so obvious he wants out, lol. Whatever, no big loss for WWE if he leaves or gets fired, huge loss for Carlito. This happens every time they attempt to push him. He throws a childish hissy fit and he's back to putting over Santino as a tag team partner.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Mini Kong

• Ari Gold is GOD!!
« Reply #1 on: 16 June 2008, 06:41:22 AM »
I thought I read that he was happy with where he was.

Wasn't this guy about to be a mouth piece of a young up and coming faction?

It's plain obvious that he wants out or else he wouldn't be doing something so stupid as bad mouthing a person like Trips.
"This is my welcome!"
Shame on TNA for letting go one of the best female wrestlers in the world.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #2 on: 16 June 2008, 09:50:29 AM »
I don't blame carlito. they treat him like crap. of course it isn't a big loss for WWE but if WWE  kept pushing him like they were doing a couple years ago then it would be. Carlito is a very good talent and should be at least in the IC title hunt...but that title is worthless now so the best thing for him is to leave the WWE.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #3 on: 16 June 2008, 04:02:59 PM »
He was always just too boring for me. He was good on the mic but his charisma was lacking, and his wrestling style is meh. He can still have some good feuds in WWE but not with that attitude, hell no.

Offline Cannon

• Your mom's boyfriend.
« Reply #4 on: 16 June 2008, 04:28:17 PM »
Carlito is one guys I don't understand. I mean I have heard people say how great he is an all this shit. Well, the only thing he can do is cut a half decent promo and his ring work is average to slightly above average. SO for him to shoot on HHH is ridiculous, he is simply acting out like a little child. Maybe he should step his game (no pun intended) up and he would get what he wants.

TAG TEAM EXCELLENCE!

Offline Ms H.B.K.

« Reply #5 on: 16 June 2008, 05:08:38 PM »
Not sure why he can't make the most of his time in wwe. He's not that great, so surely tagging with Santino should make him pull his socks up?
Sounds like hard cheese to me tbh.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #6 on: 16 June 2008, 11:40:19 PM »
I don't know how any of you would know if carlito is great or not. i mean have we really seen WWE let him have a chance? i mean from what i seen when WWE was actually pushing him i thought he was really good. and at the time i was rly pissed that he won the IC title from shelton and i hated carlito then. and it snot like you can really go ut there and do whatever you want. WWE has restrictions and hell you can't even bleed anymore in WWE.

Offline Dale

« Reply #7 on: 17 June 2008, 12:14:05 AM »
What people are failing to see is how ****ing smart it is, even though it doesn't look it.

He wont get fired because Vince values the full spanish speaking types rather highly in the company which was evident when Carlito handed in his notice thing only to be persuaded to stay. Now they will imaginably draft him to Smackdown and give some sort of proper push to make him happy which me being a fan of him, can't wait to see.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: 17 June 2008, 12:24:33 AM »
Quote from: Mickify Me!;429
What people are failing to see is how ****ing smart it is, even though it doesn't look it.

He wont get fired because Vince values the full spanish speaking types rather highly in the company which was evident when Carlito handed in his notice thing only to be persuaded to stay. Now they will imaginably draft him to Smackdown and give some sort of proper push to make him happy which me being a fan of him, can't wait to see.

um i doubt it. i think he may just keep jobbing or something hopefully you're right but like i said i doubt it.

Offline Mr Kenny!

« Reply #9 on: 17 June 2008, 03:25:51 PM »
After this i see him being drafted to ECW and jobbing to Nunzio of Funaki or someone like that
Which is a shame as i really liked him when he first Joined WWE and i still do but i cant see him getting many chances now for any titles i think hes just finishing his Contract and then he will leave
Made by me!!

Offline Ms H.B.K.

« Reply #10 on: 17 June 2008, 04:38:20 PM »
I just don't like him, I'm sure he's good in his own way. I think he should make the most of the tag team he's in now, and see what the draft brings.

Offline Leonardo Lunchbox

• Baby, I'm an Anarchist
  • FUCK YOU GET PUMPED
  • Favourite Promotion(s): Pro Wrestling Guerrilla
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Alex Shelley
« Reply #11 on: 17 June 2008, 05:44:34 PM »
Honestly he doesn't deserve anything and WWE has already giving him too much. Think about it. He won the United States championship on his WWE debut and didn't do anything noteworthy. Nothing. Than gets drafted to RAW and wins the IC championship and did absolutely nothing to show he deserved the title again. Lately instead of showing he wants a push on TV hes just bitched hoping Vince will give him what he wants. I really wish Vince would call up Eddie and just push Eddie out of spite. Or even make a Colon Brothers tag team and have Carlito take all the pinfalls.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
« Reply #12 on: 18 June 2008, 07:09:40 AM »
Quote from: Ultramanits BLACK;587
Honestly he doesn't deserve anything and WWE has already giving him too much. Think about it. He won the United States championship on his WWE debut and didn't do anything noteworthy. Nothing. Than gets drafted to RAW and wins the IC championship and did absolutely nothing to show he deserved the title again. Lately instead of showing he wants a push on TV hes just bitched hoping Vince will give him what he wants. I really wish Vince would call up Eddie and just push Eddie out of spite. Or even make a Colon Brothers tag team and have Carlito take all the pinfalls.

I just want to know how he can really "show he wants a push on TV"? what is he gonna do have a fantastic match in the 5 mins they give him if he gets a match at all? him and benjamin had a great match heading in to mania and there was no push after that. they don't let him do his cabana so he can't go out there and talk to show he wants a push. so all you can do is say you want a push and if he wants out and is gonna be treated like crap then why not just shoot on how he feels.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #13 on: 18 June 2008, 07:15:21 PM »
Quote from: Adampro123;714
I just want to know how he can really "show he wants a push on TV"? what is he gonna do have a fantastic match in the 5 mins they give him if he gets a match at all? him and benjamin had a great match heading in to mania and there was no push after that. they don't let him do his cabana so he can't go out there and talk to show he wants a push. so all you can do is say you want a push and if he wants out and is gonna be treated like crap then why not just shoot on how he feels.

There's more you can do than show you want a push on TV... He obviously doesn't have a positive attitude about anything. There's no indication that he's a pleasurable guy to work with and his ring work is uninspired whether his matches are 2 minutes long or 20.

The way WWE works is you get short TV matches and you make the most of them, then you get pushed and get longer matches. Cade had a short match with Murdoch a couple weeks ago but he still made most of it, got his spots in, looked good and now, guess what? He's being pushed.

it could've been carlito in his place the other night on RAW, but he shows no indication thast he's willing to work with WWE and accept that others may be ahead of his on the totem pole before getting a push himself... instead he bitches and moans.

And thus he gets nowhere.

He deserves to get buried.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #14 on: 19 June 2008, 06:40:04 PM »
Update:

Regarding Carlito's comments on Triple H's position with World Wrestling Entertainment and his marriage to Stephanie McMahon at a press conference last week, a large percentage of the WWE roster share the same sentiments. However, there is a key difference as they keep their feelings to themselves and say it in private. A number of people have strong feelings over Triple H's position in the company, but it's a subject matter that almost everyone is smart enough to never talk about publicly as it's practically political suicide.

For some reason I doubt that everyone feels the same way... I mean, he's a good wrestler and he's ridiculously over whether he's a heel or face.

I smell bullshit.