Author Topic: Randy Orton suspended for 60 days!  (Read 988 times)

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
Re: Randy Orton suspended for 60 days!
« Reply #15 on: 5 June 2012, 08:42:32 PM »
I'll believe it when I see it. Hard to see Vince, HHH or Kevin Dunn leaking that info.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
« Reply #16 on: 5 June 2012, 10:34:37 PM »
To be honest they will probably just leave Orton out for a long time, like a year then bring him back on an awesome return. He is young with a crazily good title history so they can leave him out the running for a long time but I'm sure they will return him. Imagine not seeing him on the show for a year then that music hits, people would flip and it might help to reinvent him. I like Orton and I don't see him going anywhere. I think he should just sit this one out for a while.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #17 on: 5 June 2012, 10:56:13 PM »
I don't know about that, They are already lacking a lot of top stars especially faces, i think they want to get him back as soon as they can and this time table has him back just before Summer Slam and i expect him to either feud with Jericho or Sheamus for that event.

I can't see Orton taking any steps down. Yeah he may not win as many WWE titles but he seemed to take a step back from that anyways.

Offline chappers

• Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
« Reply #18 on: 6 June 2012, 12:35:28 AM »
I can't seem them doing that, even though I wouldn't mind it:

1) Waste of money for WWE and their contract with Orton, unless he really needed time off to heal injuries or if he was injured, there's no justification to leave him on the sidelines.
2) Letting down fans who have paid tickets to see Orton, especially on a Smackdown that already has few A listers.
3) No reason to just have him sitting there when he's one of their biggest stars.

60 Days seems like enough time for him to see his mistakes.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #19 on: 8 June 2012, 05:49:39 PM »
Update

- Early this morning, Randy Orton finally commented on Twitter and said that his suspension ends in 50 days, which would put him back Friday, July 27th, two days before the reported July 29th. A fan asked Orton if he will be returning as a heel because of the suspension. Orton said "we can only pray."

If Orton does return on July 27th, that would mean his suspension began May 25th, which was the night he appeared on RAW and laid The Miz out with a RKO. Orton was not used at the SmackDown tapings that week and his suspension was announced the next day, Wednesday.

Finally, a fan asked Orton why he was suspended. Orton replied:

"When I'm able to tell you, I will. Until then, don't believe everything you read!"

Offline chappers

• Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
« Reply #20 on: 8 June 2012, 06:53:15 PM »
When is the 1000th episode of RAW, would be a shame if he missed that

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
« Reply #21 on: 8 June 2012, 08:26:51 PM »
I think early July. He will miss it i believe.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #22 on: 13 June 2012, 04:10:09 AM »
According to a new F4WOnline.com report, WWE Chairman Vince McMahon was said to be furious over Randy Orton's "outspokenly indifferent" reaction to the news that he would have to serve a 60 day suspension for his second Wellness Policy violation.

Originally, WWE made the swift decision to suspend Orton so that he would be able to return in time for SummerSlam in August, however, because "something happened" to infuriate McMahon, there is now talk that Orton will not be brought back to the company at all following his 60 day benching.

Furthermore, it's being said that some in WWE are not looking at Orton's absence from TV as that big of a problem, as CM Punk, for the first time in his career, is now being looked at as the company's number two babyface as opposed to Orton. Officials feel that the company's babyface depth will not be an issue once Rey Mysterio returns, and joins the likes of Sheamus, Sin Cara and Christian on Smackdown. Additionally, WWE could turn Daniel Bryan babyface on a moments notice if need be.

As we previously reported, WZ's Mark Madden reported via Twitter last Thursday that WWE is looking to terminate its relationship with Orton as he is difficult to work with and his character and popularity has plateaued in the company.

They're really insistent with these rumors. Maybe there's something to it.

Offline J.D

• Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
« Reply #23 on: 13 June 2012, 09:15:30 AM »
I guess his arrogance is only acceptable when he is the top draw. He shouldn't go around thinking he is bigger than the company and he has brought this on himself but I still feel he will come back eventually. I mean as soon as the ratings go low and he has been gone for a long time how easy would it be to just surprise return him. I think they are keeping him out as it is easier as well, it is becoming hard to book him so they will just bide their time, establish others then return him in the hope he has grown up a bit.

Offline chappers

« Reply #24 on: 13 June 2012, 12:37:46 PM »
That whole story seems sensational if I'm honest. Orton might be in the wrong over the suspension, but from what we have (which is probably inaccurate anyway), I see his "outspoken indifferences" as a reaction to the suspension; not a separate offence. I think its a normal reaction to vent out in that context and whilst he might be wrong, the suspension should just go longer, but shouldn't warrant a sacking - that is out of proportion to the crime at hand.

Orton might not be as indispensable as he was, however, I don't think Orton is dispensable either. Whether you like him, hate him or whatever, over the past 6 or 7 years he has consistently been one of the top attractions and a familiar face for the casual viewer, even with this suspension I would still say he is one of the top 3-5 names the WWE has. He just needs a character change, its been obvious since the Christian feud that the WWE don't really know what to do for his face run anymore, he works better as a heel anyway.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
« Reply #25 on: 16 June 2012, 03:30:59 AM »
Marijuana isn't punishable by suspension in WWE, just a $2,500 fine. The report states that Orton tested positive for marijuana, was fined and then tested again for other substances where he tested positive for use of Dianabol. Dianabol (methandrostenolone) is an orally-effective anabolic steroid. Dianabol was commonly used by bodybuilders until Congress banned it under the Controlled Substances Act.

I been thinking about this and wondering WTF? so smoking pot doesn't get you suspended only fined but isn't that why Evan bourne got suspended? makes me believe this super luchas site even less.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #26 on: 16 June 2012, 03:34:38 AM »
Bourne was smoking a different kind of pot that was synthetic or something, that one is under the banned substance list. Regular pot isn't.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
« Reply #27 on: 16 June 2012, 04:40:24 AM »
That seems stupid to me. Something that is illegal doesn't get you suspended but something they sell in stores doesn't get you suspended. I guess Evan should just keep to his old dealer or something.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #28 on: 16 June 2012, 03:55:22 PM »
Well these steroids they get suspended for are banned for sports by congress no? Plus, most of the time if you can prove you have a proper prescription for a lot of them they don't suspend you, if it's for recovery purposes during an injury. Pot isn't a performance enhancing drug obviously so it's legality is irrelevant. I don't know much about synthetic pot but I've read that it could cause psychosis, so it's not exactly the kind of stuff you can get from your local dealer in the suburbs lol. I don't know how it is in the states but pot isn't that big of a deal here. It's still illegal but it's decriminalized and there's a pretty big portion of the population who want it legalized. So it's not that big a deal.

Offline J.D

« Reply #29 on: 17 June 2012, 12:22:42 AM »
Pot is definitely not a big deal in Canada, I have a Canadian friend and she smokes it every day without fail and all her friends seem to as well. You also get the strongest stuff.