Author Topic: *OFFICIAL* Raw Discussion Thread: May 28 2012  (Read 1071 times)

Offline Majin HoHo

• Life is a Team Sport
*OFFICIAL* Raw Discussion Thread: May 28 2012
« on: 28 May 2012, 05:08:00 PM »

No Way Out for Cena?

Last week on Raw, John Cena was looking for answers from the Big Show who cost him the opportunity to removes John Laurinaitis from WWE forever. The Big Show was revealed to have signed a large contract with Laurinaitis to take effect after the Over the Limit pay-per-view. As a result, this provided Big Show with a loop hole around the stipulation that if any wrestler interfered then they would be fired. Big Show would finish the night by knocking John Cena out. With a match at No Way Out on the horizon, is this one obstacle too far for John Cena?

Also on Raw

Last week, Daniel Bryan demanded that he get a WWE Title rematch against CM Punk. With their rivalry simmering and AJ always looming in the background, will we get confirmation of an Over the Limit rematch? And to what extents will John Laurinaitis go in his obsession with controlling every aspect of Raw? What SmackDown superstars will we see on the show? Expect to see an appearance from the likes of Alberto Del Rio and Sheamus, who found out that they would be facing one another for the World Heavyweight title at No Way Out.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
Re: *OFFICIAL* Raw Discussion Thread: May 28 2012
« Reply #1 on: 29 May 2012, 05:15:58 PM »
I fell asleep before the end because I was watching the midnight replay, but I feel like I would have enjoyed Big Show beating the shit out of everyone. I didn't like his heel turn last week but I think they remedied that. His logic makes more sense now: he was crying in the ring for 20 minutes and then they just had Brodus dancing and Cena making Jim Carrey jokes. That would piss me off too lol. I think his promo at the beginning went a little long but they're making him look like the beast he needs to be and I've always said I enjoyed heel Show so I'm okay with what's going on.

punk/Bryan was excellent again, and the Big Johnny cover was good for a laugh.

Tag title match was good too, and I like Ziggler trying to break off from Vickie and Swagger.

I don't really see the point of all this Santino / Alberto stuff, and I don't want them to keep going with a feud between Santino and RR so hopefully this is the end of this.

Otunga jobbing to Sheamus... seriously, Otunga is supposed to be a smart guy, time he stops asking for matches against people he never beats.

One little thing that really pissed me off is Cole calling Show knocking Cena out "the darkest day in WWE". I understand the need for hyperbole sometimes, but wtf was that? Ya, Owen Hart dying was nothing compared to Big Show's 11000th heel turn. Seriously that was just offensive.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Majin HoHo

• Life is a Team Sport
« Reply #2 on: 29 May 2012, 06:33:36 PM »
Show opening promo was better than I expected, promo did seem to drag, the fans didn't really care Show was in the Ring.I like the part Show showing the fans Brodus Clay having a party after he was fired, hopefully this Show as a heel works out till the match comes,lol.Del Rio squashing Santino funny as hell, here's hoping Ricardo gets him some later.I was very upset Ziggler and Swagger didn't win the belts, how does this help either team.Beating the same team for the title, doesn't make a great team, Swagger and Ziggler bust their asses every week, and lose in the same situation ugh.I don't see Ziggler really getting over a face, but I would rather see him have a great feud with Orton at No Way Out, but we know who will win that match.Punk/Ace segment was gold, like that cover would ever happen.Let me vent a little, why in the fuck are Otunga and Eve even signed to the WWE.Wearing glasses, and a nice ass gets you a contract with WWE.If Eve wants to be taken seriously, WWE should have her wrestle again.As for Otunga, hey big man either go 100 percent in your career in WWE, or go home to the wifey, I wonder what those two make, because they are thiefs, not doing much for air-time.

As for the Punk/Bryan match awesome, it seems it might be a triple threat huh Kane vs Punk vs Bryan and AJ helps Punk lose the title, the pyscho/groupie storyline.Let's talk about AJ, ooohhhh have mercy did she look great last night!Ok Big Show killing Brodus, great to see his ass get kicked, he needs it, too much stardom, too fast for him.Didn't know why Kofi/Truth came mind your business,but for weeks now WWE has ended Raw with weird segments like this, this is Pro Wrestling, end it with a match.Overal 7 out of 10.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #3 on: 29 May 2012, 06:46:27 PM »
Let me vent a little, why in the fuck are Otunga and Eve even signed to the WWE.Wearing glasses, and a nice ass gets you a contract with WWE.If Eve wants to be taken seriously, WWE should have her wrestle again.As for Otunga, hey big man either go 100 percent in your career in WWE, or go home to the wifey, I wonder what those two make, because they are thiefs, not doing much for air-time.

Eve was the diva search winner so that pretty much how she was signed lol. She's a heel authority figure though, I don't know what the problem is. She's over. I do find the glasses thing to be a little stupid. She has glasses so we're supposed to believe she's smarter now? Cool story.

As for Otunga, his entire wife's family was brutally murdered and he went to the court case... calm the fuck down.

Offline Majin HoHo

• Life is a Team Sport
« Reply #4 on: 29 May 2012, 06:52:12 PM »
I was not talking about a murder, I don't see any need for him to wrestle if he gets defeated within 3 minutes.As for Eve c'mon you really think she has a career acting like a second rate Stacy Keilber? Where has Pro Wrestling been turned into? I guess I have a shot getting into WWE, we need them to wrestle, yeah Eve is truely over, the roars are coming from people who like her backslide.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #5 on: 29 May 2012, 07:15:36 PM »
I was not talking about a murder, I don't see any need for him to wrestle if he gets defeated within 3 minutes.As for Eve c'mon you really think she has a career acting like a second rate Stacy Keilber? Where has Pro Wrestling been turned into? I guess I have a shot getting into WWE, we need them to wrestle, yeah Eve is truely over, the roars are coming from people who like her backslide.

Yes, wrestling never ever had non-wrestling character. Ever.

There's always room for authority figures and managers. I don't need to see Eve wrestle, and she gets more than enough heat next to Johnny, plus on SD they've had her a couple of times running the show on her own.

I agreed that Otunga needs to be put in matches that are better for him and get some wins, but I don't see how that translates to him not deserving to be in the company. You said "go home to wifey", which implies you were upset he left for a few weeks... to be with his wife during the court case for her dead family. Either way, he's good at getting heat too as part of Johnny's entourage. Not everyone needs to wrestle on every show.

Offline Majin HoHo

• Life is a Team Sport
« Reply #6 on: 29 May 2012, 07:23:43 PM »
I honestly didn't know that, to even make that statement, I'm using Ric Flair comment to Ricky Steamboat, that he is going downtown, and he home and help the wifey with the dishes.Ace is great, Eve and Otunga are blood suckers, sucking on the great work Ace is creating.Eventually that heat both get need to be put into the Ring, eventually it will get stale, especially if both of them do this a year from now.Hopefulyl when Raw goes for 3 hours WWE uses that next extra wisely, than having a meaningless segment with Eve and Otunga if he doesn't involve Ace.

AJ, I don't drink or smoke date me!!!
« Last Edit: 29 May 2012, 08:51:06 PM by HoHo »

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #7 on: 29 May 2012, 11:22:15 PM »
Mixed bag for me.

Things i liked:
Daniel Bryan vs CM Punk.
Big Show stuff
Ziggler Breaking away
Miz vs hristian was a pretty good matcg

Things i didn't like:
Miz loses again, then gets randomly RKO'd by Orton
Ziggler & Swagger lose again. though i mean it may lead to better things for Ziggler but losing yet again is not enjoyable to watch.
Lauinitus/Punk stuff wasn't good IMO.
Kane involved in the Punk vs Bryn feud. i just hope he isn't added to punk vs Bryan at the next PPV.
Sheamus vs Otunga was horrible. If you want sheamus beating someone quickly on the show at least put him in there with someone who can sell. As for Otunga just leave him in backstage segments and maybe have him in dark matches or superstars matches or just work house shows so he can try to improve in the ring.
i blinked and Santino vs ADR was over. seriously get the US title off of Santino. i like the guy i just want that title to stop looking like shit.

The rest i didn't really care for or don't even really remember.

I skipped all the little video packages but was there any mention of the Troiple H/Lesnar/Heyman stuff? and also it seems Cena wasn't on the show at other than replay stuff.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #8 on: 29 May 2012, 11:59:54 PM »
From what Adam posted Cena was on the dark match but not in the show? WTF?

I actually like Kane being involved in the feud, they're using him really well. I hope they keep the actual match one on one but eventually I wouldn't mind a triple threat between them and he adds a totally different element to the feud. I agree about Punk and Johnny, Punk's insults have been Cena-level bad lately.

I think the booking for Santino/ADR made sense actually. US champ or not Berto is on a totally different level, and he's standing up for Ricardo. Santino can compete with the mid card but he has no business being in the ring with someone like Berto so he gets squashed. Maybe it makes the title look cheap, but I don't think so, so long as he can bounce back and have a good match with someone lower. Of course, that hasn't been the case lately but that's an easy fix.

Offline chappers

• Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
« Reply #9 on: 30 May 2012, 01:57:38 AM »
Alright show but I still wish they would mix up the way some of the matches end, too many characters have become so predictable it just ruins matches. We all know that Truth/Kofi would beat Ziggler/Swagger since Swagger/Ziggler never pick up a win, particularly a clean victory. It just gets fucking dumb after a while when the same people have to constantly be squashed over and over. Otunga should be having mid card feuds, and I don't want to see him in a mid card feud with Santino only to be on the end of one of his jokes. I didn't mind the Show stuff either but he killed it when he came out with that ridiculous beanie hat :2funny:. Daniel Bryan/Punk stuff is going alright, I don't mind Kane being included although I want him to have a brief role in this feud. I didn't mind Punks promo with Johnny, parts of it were corny but for the most part it was somewhat decent, and how can i forget the Carlton reference :mrk. Miz getting buried I don't really care about him, promo seemed like a face tease in a way, dunno if it will happen though. Personally don't want to see him in the main event again, guy is so average but would make for a solid mid card opponent. Whats happening with this Lesnar stuff as well, we get an amazing match  at ER and then the guy disappears for a month, whats up with that?

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #10 on: 30 May 2012, 03:11:23 AM »

I think the booking for Santino/ADR made sense actually. US champ or not Berto is on a totally different level, and he's standing up for Ricardo. Santino can compete with the mid card but he has no business being in the ring with someone like Berto so he gets squashed. Maybe it makes the title look cheap, but I don't think so, so long as he can bounce back and have a good match with someone lower. Of course, that hasn't been the case lately but that's an easy fix.

Well the way i see the US title and the IC title is a title that should either be on great wrestlers and or it should be on a guy a step below the main event scene that can go the limit with the main event and then eventually work their way up there. Santino seems more like if he should hold any title they should bring back the euoropean or TV title  for him because i don't ever see him in the real main event scene.

A few guys i think would be better as US Champion right now
Antonio Cesaro. (I'm a mark and i think he could be a big star in WWE)
Tyson Kidd. (Very underrated and misused. Great wrestler)
Zack Ryder. (I know he's more in the Santino Category but i just want to see Ryder back on TV each week and involved in stuff. the guy is so over and its crazy how they have seemingly purposely buried him after he got himself over)
Jack Swagger (Swaggers ship may have sailed at this point and he may never work his way back up the card at this rate but i still like Swagger and i would still like to see hiim have a legit run as US Champion, i think he wasn't really given a chance in his last run because all he was doing was losing on superstars in his last run)
Drew Mcintyre. (Could REALLY help Drew especially if he had a long run as champ)
The Miz (He's desperate at this point and needs something. I don't know if i have seen anyone fall so far...oh wait Swagger...)
Dolph Ziggler. (Even though i think he should be above that but they have buried him lately so it would be a nice bounce back)

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #11 on: 30 May 2012, 05:33:09 AM »
The only one on your list I disagree with is Cesaro, the dude's been in WWE for like 5 minutes, give him some time. There may be "better" choices for champ than Santino, but I consider it a courtesy run. The guy's never going to be a main eventer, he does everything the company tells him and he's great on the mic and super over. I have no problem with WWE adding all the titles they can to his resume, whether there are other people that are better in the ring than him or that you like more you can never convince me in a million years that he hasn't earned his success, WWE drags him through the mud as much as Ryder if not more. He spent the better part of year dressed as his own twin sister for crying out loud.

But they should use him better. Give him a proper feud and let him show that he can actually wrestle in the ring (we both know he can) and give him a proper feud with someone at his level even if it's someone like Hunico or Jinder.  But for the purposes of what's going on, what they did with ADR worked. Santino would never beat Berto, but I can buy him winning a mid card title (with lower card titles currently unavailable). But again, like I said, you have to have him bounce back with a win with someone on his level to justify it.

That said, I'm not going to lose any sleep if they take the title off him and put it on one of the guys you mentioned at No Way Out or whatever.

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
« Reply #12 on: 30 May 2012, 09:11:39 AM »
Well I wrote a fuck off review yesterday, posted it and it obviously didn't go through. Dammit. In short Bryan winning= bonus, Ziggler looks to be getting somewhere at last and enjoyed Clay as an aggressive and serious face.

Offline chappers

• Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
« Reply #13 on: 30 May 2012, 02:37:24 PM »
A few guys i think would be better as US Champion right now
Antonio Cesaro. (I'm a mark and i think he could be a big star in WWE)
Tyson Kidd. (Very underrated and misused. Great wrestler)
Zack Ryder. (I know he's more in the Santino Category but i just want to see Ryder back on TV each week and involved in stuff. the guy is so over and its crazy how they have seemingly purposely buried him after he got himself over)
Jack Swagger (Swaggers ship may have sailed at this point and he may never work his way back up the card at this rate but i still like Swagger and i would still like to see hiim have a legit run as US Champion, i think he wasn't really given a chance in his last run because all he was doing was losing on superstars in his last run)
Drew Mcintyre. (Could REALLY help Drew especially if he had a long run as champ)
The Miz (He's desperate at this point and needs something. I don't know if i have seen anyone fall so far...oh wait Swagger...)
Dolph Ziggler. (Even though i think he should be above that but they have buried him lately so it would be a nice bounce back)
From that list I would want to see either Kidd or McIntyre win it, I would add Swagger as well but you just know he wouldn't be given any writing support. I don't know why they don't do anything with Kidd though, he is so underrated and deserves more of a chance, he got a good pop in that Battle Royal before OTL, just don't understand why he isn't given a chance.

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
« Reply #14 on: 30 May 2012, 10:44:25 PM »
The funny thing with Swagger is if you go to watch WWE live he looks one of the most threatening and is very entertaining to watch. IMO Kidd would make a great US champ.
As for McIntyre I'd like to see him as tag champs with Barrett upon Barrett's return.