Author Topic: *OFFICIAL* Raw Discussion Thread: May 21st 2012  (Read 1135 times)

Offline Majin HoHo

• Life is a Team Sport
*OFFICIAL* Raw Discussion Thread: May 21st 2012
« on: 21 May 2012, 03:52:16 PM »

Last night at Over the Limit, despite seemingly impossible odds, John Laurinaitis managed to defeat John Cena following help from the recently fired Big Show. Big Show, who was apparently fired by Laurinaitis last week, ended up being the deciding factor in the match where the board of directors claimed no WWE superstar would be allowed to get involved. But with Big Show not being a WWE wrestler, this ended up working in Laurinaitis' favour. It all seems very convenient and will lead to some questions from Cena to the Big Show about his true allegiance. As for Laurinaitis, as a result of his victory he will continue as General Manager of both Raw and SmackDown. What is next for the other superstars that have crossed Laurinaitis lately?

Also on Raw

Last night, we saw a new Intercontinental Champion, Christian, who defeated Cody Rhodes after making a surprise return. Also last night, CM Punk managed to retain his WWE Championship ... just about. His opponent, Daniel Bryan, perhaps has a right to feel aggrevied. What could be next in the rivalry between these two former friends? Expect to see much more fallout from the Over the Limit pay-per-view this week on Raw Supershow!

After last night's great Over the Limit PPV, Show/Cena to start, a better build-up for Bryan/Punk 2.Also can't wait to see where Rhodes does with Christain, and who knows could be a great show.Also, Orton vs Sheamus feud, and what about Del Rio and Jericho?

Offline ftwpodcast

• FTWPodcast.com
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): CM Punk
Re: *Official* Raw Discussion Thread:May 21st 2012
« Reply #1 on: 21 May 2012, 05:56:53 PM »
Really looking forward to this Raw. But, I expect it to be really heavy on the storylines.
Much like you, we talk about wrestling. Just, in podcast form: ftwpodcast.com

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
Re: *Official* Raw Discussion Thread:May 21st 2012
« Reply #2 on: 21 May 2012, 09:23:47 PM »
I don't mean to be negative but i just have a feeling Raw is going to suck tonight. I'm looking forward to christian and any Daniel Bryan vs CM Punk stuff and to seeing if Hawkins and Reks are on the show but besides that i don't see anything good happening.

Offline ftwpodcast

• FTWPodcast.com
Re: *OFFICIAL* Raw Discussion Thread: May 21st 2012
« Reply #3 on: 22 May 2012, 12:58:19 AM »
I'm hoping for a Kharma return.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #4 on: 22 May 2012, 08:58:48 PM »
I actually though this was a pretty good show.

Cena's promo was a little hard to watch though. He just sounded like a whiny idiot. I don't mind the comedy as much as other people, but he just came off like kind of a prick here. I've actually been thinking it would make sense for him to kind of snap at some point after a loss, but it didn't work. It was just same old Cena reacting poorly. And Show's logic was retarded, but Cena pointed that out. I don't remember these two ever having any overly poor matches and Cena usually works well with bigger guys. Plus heel Show is usually good. So we'll see. But this wasn't a good start. I did like everyone teaming up on Cena and Sheamus coming out help him though.

While we're on it, the main event was actually good. Couldn't have put them against three better guys and the lumberjacks actually added something. I know it would be tough to have your two top stars job out but i would have preferred they just fucking had them lose. It's only 15 against 2... The brawl at the end was fun too and Show punching out Cena was good too.

I thought Santino announcing Berto was hilarious. Dunno where they're going with Santino and a Santino/ADR feud would be weird. But it was funny. Berto vs. Orton was good too and Jericho/Orton should be a dece feud but Jericho needs to win.

Everything Punk/Bryan/Kane was fantastic too, I love the way they're using Kane here, wonder if they'll go anywhere with it other than just making him fodder.

Nice to see Christian back, even though I, like everyone else on the planet, give no fucks about Jinder.

Plus the People Powermobile  :D

Overall good raw, kept my attention the entire time.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #5 on: 22 May 2012, 09:25:20 PM »
- During last night's opening segment on RAW, John Laurinaitis announced that he had re-hired Big Show on Saturday, a day before he interfered at Over the Limit and helped Laurinaitis defeat John Cena. The problem with that is the stipulation was that if anyone working for WWE interfered in the match, they would be fired.

WWE realized the error and had Michael Cole fix it on commentary, stating that Show agreed in principle to help Laurinaitis but didn't actually sign the contract until Monday morning.

They also corrected it on their Twitter:

"It's official! @WWETheBigShow had a verbal agreement with @WWERawGM, but didn't sign a contract until AFTER #OverTheLimit! #OtungaLaw #WWE"

Glad i wasn't the only one WTF'ing here.

Also im wondering why they changed Alberts name to just Tensai. Must have offended some Lords...

Ehh I was bored throughout most of Raw really. Punk/Bryan/Kane stuff was good but everything else just bored me. at least we didn't have the same old Brodus Clay squash though.
« Last Edit: 23 May 2012, 12:02:12 PM by Adampro123 »

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #6 on: 22 May 2012, 09:31:08 PM »
I noticed that too but I figured it was just an error. The internet is going crazy over it...

Offline demon_lu_bu

« Reply #7 on: 23 May 2012, 01:43:48 AM »
I thought it was part of the gimick thinking that a letter from the board was coming all night saying that "big jonny" was fired and big show was refired but its just another balls up by the same crappy character i'm fed up of this story line now the sooner they get him off the show the better hell i'd take more natalya fart jokes over this S***!!!
And if ur not down with that i've got 2 words for u!
BITE ME!

Offline chappers

• Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
« Reply #8 on: 23 May 2012, 01:54:29 AM »
I didn't really pick up on that, i thought it was a bit strange they would randomly pick Saturday, either way, I would have thought it would make more sense for Johnny to have agreed it with Show at the event, seeing as he came out all chummy with Cena and had Johnny begging for mercy with obviously only one bargaining chip to play. Anyway I noticed another storyline botch, I swear Johnny announced at the start of the show if anyone touches him they will get fired... only for Sheamus to barge him whilst running down to the ring a minute later :S.

Otherwise an alright show, better then what we've had the last couple of weeks. Hyped for Jericho vs Orton, that should be a really good feud but wouldn't be surprised to see them throw Sheamus in there as well; Del Rio looked like the odd guy in that fatal four way, especially when they fed him a couple weeks ago.

I'm liking the way they are pushing these two tag teams, doing a good job even if I'm still not liking O'Neill and Young (mainly Young though).

Jerry Lawler really pissed me off this show, dunno if its because I couldn't help but hear what he was saying. Thing is I'm a fan of the guy but he pisses me off at the same time, either way though he really needs to step down from announcing; he just doesn't fit in with this generation. It's constant pessimism, old persons complaining for the sake of complaining, he doesn't add anything that happens backstage or on the internet, all he does is moan about Cole's views or ogle over kelly kelly which is getting a bit weird.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #9 on: 23 May 2012, 02:04:45 AM »
Best part of RAW was when all the faces were running out to save Cena and Sheamus, Khali just casually walking at his normal pace

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: 23 May 2012, 12:02:19 PM »

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #11 on: 23 May 2012, 03:20:46 PM »
<3

Offline ftwpodcast

• FTWPodcast.com
« Reply #12 on: 23 May 2012, 04:08:48 PM »
That's awesome. Had to share it on our FB page.

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: 23 May 2012, 07:06:40 PM »
I swear Johnny announced at the start of the show if anyone touches him they will get fired... only for Sheamus to barge him whilst running down to the ring a minute later :S.
Another image from WrestlingWithText is appropriate here.

:2funny:
Quote from: CM Punk
Please, if you say ‘Because it’s your destiny’, I swear to jeebus I’m going to start drinking.