Author Topic: *OFFICIAL* Raw Discussion Thread: May 14 2012  (Read 999 times)

Offline Majin HoHo

• Life is a Team Sport
*OFFICIAL* Raw Discussion Thread: May 14 2012
« on: 14 May 2012, 04:22:52 PM »

Don't Cross the Boss

Last week on Raw, John Laurinaitis announced that he was tired of constantly being insulted by certain wrestlers. So when, later in the night, both CM Punk and the Big Show insulted Laurinaitis, there were severe consequences for both. In particular for Laurinaitis' long time rival, CM Punk, who was put into a handicap match against the undefeated Lord Tensai and CM Punk's Over the Limit opponent, Daniel Bryan. John Laurinaitis has proven repeatedly that he is not a man to be crossed. What other consequences could this have for CM Punk, the Big Show and, perhaps most importantly, John Cena?

Also on Raw

Last week, Paul Heyman returned to a WWE ring for the first time in six years to announce that Brock Lesnar had quit the WWE. Will we see more from Heyman this week? And could the COO of WWE, Triple H, have anything to say about this? Also last week, we found out that Sheamus will defend his World Heavyweight Championship against, not only Alberto Del Rio, but Randy Orton and Chris Jericho as well. What is next for these four superstars? Who will Brodus Clay and Lord Tensai face this week? Find out all this and more on Raw Supershow

This week Punk gotta respond, hopefully Raw is watchable this week.

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
Re: *OFFICIAL* Raw Discussion Thread: May 14 2012
« Reply #1 on: 15 May 2012, 12:48:32 PM »
Possibly the most awkward show I have ever seen. The Big Show stuff just made me cringe and it is so awkward to see a grown man balling like that. There are ways to get Johnny heat without having to be that over the top. Then just as I got over that Cena did that 'Loser' thing which was extremely cringey and really will not help to decrease the haters.
Poor.

Extreme Rules was the best PPV in a long time but the WWE has gone back downhill again  :idiot2:

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #2 on: 15 May 2012, 06:15:19 PM »
Gotta agree i thought the big show stuff was hard to watch and then the Cena "LOSER" stuff just seemed childish and annoying.

The opening of this show was good with Triple H and Heyman but after that it went straight downhill.

One good thing about the show was no Lord Tensai.

Annoyed me we didn't get to see Zack Ryder this week especially consider it was his birthday that day. he jobbed to dean ambrose in the dark match.

Nothing annoyed me more than this one small thing that may turn out to be nothing. Cody Rhodes tweeted something along the lines how the IC title meant more than the US title. I'm starting to think we are going to have a title vs title match and unify those titles which is something i hate.

Oh and that Trouble in Paradise on the miz by Kofi was awesome.
« Last Edit: 15 May 2012, 06:35:10 PM by Adampro123 »

Offline Rhymin' Greiman

• Super Duper Moderator
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Kane, Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Randy Orton, Bryan Danielson, The Miz, and RVD
« Reply #3 on: 15 May 2012, 06:47:51 PM »
The only thought that came to mind after the waste of 15 minutes that was the Big Show's crybaby promo and firing was now he's not officially a WWE employee... now I fully expect a heel turn for him at Over The Limit.  I'd rather see Johnny lose his job and have Heyman take over (for whatever reason) but then again Ace has basically been the new Mr. McMahon so they might as well keep things going with him for a while longer... even though his promos are absolute shit.  Nobody seems like they're reading word for word off a script like that man....

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #4 on: 15 May 2012, 07:02:50 PM »
Johnny promos are amazing. Shut your whore mouth.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline chappers

• Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
« Reply #5 on: 16 May 2012, 02:22:40 AM »
Aside from the HHH/Heyman promo the rest of the show was bad. Good stuff from those two though, I just hope they actually do something with this lawsuit that has some kind of repercussion rather then it fizzling to absolutely nothing; which is normally the case with this kind of thing.

Punk/Santino vs Bryan/Rhodes was alright, even though I don't mind Santino, this wasn't the right match for him to be a part of and act silly. You've got two guys who have carried the company for the past few months and Rhodes who looks to be going places. I wouldn't normally mind it but just didn't feel right here.

The Big Show part was terrible to the point of being funny for the sheer awkwardness of it. Diabolical that someone came up with that piece of turd, it would have been alright for 5 minutes but instead we got Big Show's thespian acting for about 10-15 minutes, "knockout" teaser right there for Knucklehead 2.

Cena part wasn't as bad, didn't really mind it tbh. I think Big Johnny was the best part of both promos though.

Funkasaurus constantly winning is wearing thin, give him a legitimate feud. Getting bored of seeing decent talent like Swagger and Ziggler getting constantly buried, having said that, I'm kind of looking forward to their tag team match at the PPV.

Then we get an announcement for Ryder vs Kane on the pre-show, both have some beef with each other but they have done nothing to build it lately, just seems pointless when they could have easily built this on Smackdown the past couple of weeks.

Overall, aside from Johnny, HHH/Heyman, the rest was forgettable.