Author Topic: Smackdown *SPOILERS* for 2012/05/11  (Read 1262 times)

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
Smackdown *SPOILERS* for 2012/05/11
« on: 9 May 2012, 04:57:04 PM »
Smackdown starts with a video promo recapping last night and the fatal four way announcement.

Sheamus and Randy Orton vs. Alberto Del Rio and Chris Jericho: No Contest
Sheamus out to the ring. Followed by Randy Orton. Now here comes Chris Jericho. Now Ricardo to announce Del Rio. No car tonight as the arena is too small to allow. Great way to get the arena amped. Same tag match from last night to start the evening. Orton and Y2J start. Orton tags Sheamus' bad arm. Sheamus returns the hard tag to Orton. Del Rio gets in and takes control.  Sheamus to the outside and Ricardo and Y2J attack outside the ring. Things break down and the red rings the bell for a no contest. Refs spill out from the back to split everyone. Orton and Sheamus dispatch their guy and have a state down.

AJ def. Kaitlyn
AJ out to the ring to a decent pop.  Kaitlin out next to little/no reaction. Aj starts on fire. Punches flying. And just like that, it's over. AJ wins. Continues attacking after the match. Out comes Daniel Bryan. Bryan says he's impressed with AJ. He is talking her up. He says he's ready to move past it all. Bryan says he's looking forward to moving on to Kaitlyn. AJ looks like she will smack him then leaves. There is a major "Yes" chant breaks out.

Daniel Bryan def. The Big Show
Big Show starts with the "vintage" chops. He continues to dominate early on. Bryan has Show in the Yes Lock and John Laurinaitis stops the match saying Show taps out. Daniel Bryan is your winner.

Johnny makes Show apologize again.  Laurinaitis calls him a 40 year old 400 lb freak and leaves Show in ring.

Ryback def. Heath Slater
A typical squash match, with Ryback winning in under two minutes.

Announcement of Sheamus vs. Jericho for later

Teddy Long out to a nice pop to be special guest ref. 

Antonio Cesaro def. Alex Riley
Antonio Cesaro is in control from the start with a lot of mat wrestling. Riley went for the Spinebuster and Cesaro reverses it to his finisher and the 3 count. After the match, Aksana says Teddy was just her friend and Cesaro is her lover.

Randy Orton def. Alberto Del Rio via DQ
Back and forth to start off the match. Del Rio gets upper hand.  Del Rio works on Ortons left arm. Ricardo gets involved from the outside.  Orton regains control and hits the normal spots. Hanging DDT from the corner. Crowd erupts for an RKO. Ricardo off the top rope and eats an RKO.  The match is over, as Randy wins by DQ. Del Rio locks in the Cross Armbreaker after match.  Good match overall.

R-Truth def. Jack Swagger
R-Truth with a 15 second build up to a leg drop. Swagger gains control.  Truth builds momentum and hits the Lie Detector. The action spills outside, as Kofi takes out Dolph. Kingston then hits a Trouble in Paradise on Swagger who was in the ropes. Swagger gets hit with R-Truths finisher and the 1,2,3. 

WWE advertises John Cena and Johnny face to face on Monday.

Darren Young and Titus O'Neil def. Santino Marella and Zack Ryder
Santino starts out with some comedy. Titus takes over.  There are a lot of tags with Young and O'Neil. Zack Ryder gets the hot tag and hits the Broski Boot. The action spills outside. Titus and Young hit their finisher for the win on Ryder.  Young and O'Neil cut a promo after match.

Damien Sandow is interviewed by Striker. He cuts a promo on being a savior.  Says he is the bright beam of enlightenment...... You're Welcome.

Brodus Clay def. Hunico
Quick match with Clay getting beaten down before the bell by Hunico and Camacho. Clay hits his usual moves for the victory.

Chris Jericho vs. Sheamus ends in No Contest
Jericho works the arm from the get go. The fighting goes to the outside. Jericho takes over with a drop kick from the middle rope. Jericho misses a lionsault and Sheamus takes over.  Lots of reversals and finally Jericho locks in the Walls of Jericho. Sheamus gets to the ropes to break the hold. Sheamus sends Y2J over the ropes and Del Rio comes out and throws Y2J in the steps and applies the arm breaker to Sheamus. Orton comes out for the save. Orton and Sheamus argue. Jericho hits Del Rio with Codebreaker. Orton follows with an RKO to Del Rio, followed by a Brogue kick to Del Rio. Sheamus and Orton stare down. This should be the end of SmackDown.

Looks like an OK show. Four guys in three matches and none of them end cleanly though... kind of a copout. And pretty indicative of how weak Smackdown's roster is right now.

Looking forward to the D-Bry stuff, especially AJ/Kaitlyn.

Sandow promo, no match. Ryback Squash. Cesaro squash. Brodus squash. Hopefully Truth/Swager and Titus/Young matches are pretty long.

Show now on Johnny's shit list along with Cena and Punk. Wonder where they're gonna go with that.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
Re: Smackdown *SPOILERS* for 2012/05/11
« Reply #1 on: 9 May 2012, 05:57:15 PM »
Antonio Cesaro beating A-Ry
Sandow
Ryder & Santino vs Young & O'Neil.
Truth vs Swagger.
Anything with Bryan and AJ. i want AJ to become a badass heel and Bryan get back together with her and she help him win the WWE title.
The rest looks okay. kind of getting tired of Brodus Clay, Ready for him to turn him because when he does it's gonna be great.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #2 on: 9 May 2012, 07:06:44 PM »
I think Clay's finally having some decent matches even if they're short. I liked his match with Ziggler and this week with Miz (even though I'm tired as fuck of Miz), but they gotta let him work like a 10 minute match and see what he's got.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
« Reply #3 on: 9 May 2012, 07:45:45 PM »
Don't like the way every match is a no contest to be honest. When they have two guys they like they always do that whereas I would rather them just put one guy over. No contests/ DQ endings are sometimes necessary but this is overkill.

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
« Reply #4 on: 12 May 2012, 11:51:42 PM »
Pretty shit show. Only good bit was Daniel Bryan/AJ promo and seeing that stupid sneer, half laugh he did. Cole being mean about Teddy/Arksana thing was funny too.

Offline chappers

• Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
« Reply #5 on: 13 May 2012, 12:03:23 AM »
Pretty much agree, I like seeing Ryback and I think the fatal four way has potential but neither are show stealers at the moment. Heath Slater was actually one of the highlights I thought, he's really good at getting some heel heat. I was kind of a bit cheesed off that Del Rio took a finisher from everyone at the end of the show as well.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #6 on: 13 May 2012, 12:49:57 AM »
Gotta disagree i didn't think it was an amazing show but i thought it was okay and i enjoyed it.

All the sheamus/Orton/Jericho/DelRio stuff i thought was pretty good.

AJ/Kaitlyn/ D-Bryan stuff was good.

Bryan over Big show was good then after with Johnny and Show i thought that was okay.

Loved seeing claudio beat Riley. Really hoping WWE management are behind him.

Heath slater on the mic was okay. and then seeing Ryback squash him was fun.

Sandow was awesome. especially him talking down to striker who is full of himself and thinks he knows it all.

Really liked Truth vs Swagger. 2 underrated guys IMO.

Really Liked Young & O'Neil vs Santinbro. or Team Cobro or Team morryder? either way i thought it was good and it was the best i have seen Titus & Darren.

Clay squash is meh. im sick of him at this point. though i do like him overall this funkasarus thing just does nothing for me now it was funny the first few weeks but got old fast.

So yeah for me besides the clay stuff everything was either okay to really good.
« Last Edit: 13 May 2012, 01:11:04 AM by Adampro123 »