Author Topic: *OFFICIAL* Raw Discussion Thread: April 30 2012  (Read 1339 times)

Offline Majin HoHo

• Life is a Team Sport
*OFFICIAL* Raw Discussion Thread: April 30 2012
« on: 30 April 2012, 07:32:52 PM »

Brock vs. Cena: The Aftermath

Last night at Extreme Rules, John Cena managed to overcome a dangerous and vicious Brock Lesnar in an Extreme Rules match. Despite being dominated by the former UFC Heavyweight Champion, Cena was able to score a win with the Attitude Adjustment onto steel steps. However, after the match, Cena had some cryptic message for the WWE and hinted at leaving for a while. What is next for John Cena? And after this loss, can Brock Lesnar recover his pride? And who will be next to fight Brock? Find out all this on Raw Supershow!

Also on Raw

Last night, CM Punk managed to retain his title in a Chicago Street Fight over Chris Jericho. With his second consecutive victory over Jericho, it would seem that Punk has ended his rivalry and is set to move onto other opponents. Who could be next for CM Punk? Or does Jericho have the audacity to challenge Punk for a third time? Also this week on Raw, it was announced that Triple H would be on the show. The COO hasn't been seen since his Wrestlemania loss to the Undertaker. What could HHH have to say? Also at Extreme Rules, there were big wins for Randy Orton, Cody Rhodes, Sheamus and even a returning Layla. What will the rest of the fallout be to a brilliant night at Extreme Rules?

I wonder if Brock shows up tonight, I doubt it, but I expect Cena to give a fair well, and maybe Kharma might show up to kill someone, well should be a great Raw after a great PPV.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
Re: *Official* Raw Discussion Thread:April 30 2012
« Reply #1 on: 30 April 2012, 07:39:04 PM »
Cena's filming Marine 3, I don't know whether he'll be on the show or not but I could see him staying away to sell injuries.

Brock's going to destroy something.

Triple H likely calling Johnny out for mistreating Teddy.

After last night I'm pumped for this show.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #2 on: 30 April 2012, 10:05:48 PM »
@JohnCena: Making medical rounds now to find out what is up. I will be on #RAW to let everyone know. #nevergiveup

Well we'll at least get a farewell.

Offline chappers

• Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
« Reply #3 on: 30 April 2012, 10:37:21 PM »
Brock beat down to send him on his way?

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
Re: *OFFICIAL* Raw Discussion Thread: April 30 2012
« Reply #4 on: 1 May 2012, 03:13:35 PM »
Decent show. Most of the matches were short and boring but that's what you get with beat the clock. It does add a little excitement. Miz gets a win over Santino = probably good, I guess. Orton dominates a bit. Kane is gonna feud with Khali apparently (kill me now). I guess Show vs. Jericho (could be in for some good promos there).

Bryan vs. Punk = YES! YES! YES!

Opening was great, they're really going the full 9 yards with Brock as the bruising asshole. I'm not sure I want to see Brock/Trips but whatever, so far this feud is working.

Also, Johnny losing his shit at the end was fucking amazing. It made literally no sense lmao. But I might actually pay money for Johnny vs. Cena with Tensai in his corner. Can't wait to see where this goes.

K-Truth (R-Kingston? I don't know) winning the tag titles is good. Primo/Epico get a direction with AW so that could go somewhere.

Not a bad show, got a good tag match out of it and some good storyline progression. Obviously a bit of a letdown after a spectacular PPV.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #5 on: 1 May 2012, 03:48:30 PM »
This show was a middle of the road show i didn't enjoy that much. It had good in it
Setting up Bryan vs Punk.
Triple H/Lesnar stuff
Kofi & Truth winning the tag titles.

But the rest was just short boring matches which is why i never like beat the clock and i prefer tournaments.
and
No Zack Ryder and No Dolph Ziggler.

The Johnny going ape shit on Cena was kind of funny but i just felt meh about it really. and albert looked like a retard over there swirling his arms around trying to look like a ninja or something.

So yeah didn't really enjoy the show its self but it sets up the next few weeks to be good with Bryan and Punk feuding and new tag champs who WWE might actually push. i could see it now Kofi & Truth vs O'Neil & young and it's not even black history month.lol.

Offline narcolepsy

« Reply #6 on: 1 May 2012, 04:26:07 PM »
I think the win and after match promo at Extreme Rules started to bring the fans back on Cena's side a bit.  He's been a tweener since the Rock program started last April, but now he's back to full fledged babyface.  By having Johnny go apeshit on him, I think they are trying to turn this into a Vince vs. Austin type feud.  The problem is that Cena has a hard time being the badass going against corporate suits without sounding extremely corny since his doctor of thugnomics days ended.  Johnny is slowly, but surely creating his own loose stable that now includes himself, David Otunga, Eve, Brock Lesnar (when he's here) and Lord Tensai/Sakamoto.  Whether he's getting written off for a few months or not, Cena will be feeling Big Johnny's wrath for a while.  However, how can you ever have Johnny go over Cena in a match (Tensai or not) when Cena just took out Lesnar despite getting dominated for 90% of it?

Offline chappers

• Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
« Reply #7 on: 2 May 2012, 02:33:57 AM »
However, how can you ever have Johnny go over Cena in a match (Tensai or not) when Cena just took out Lesnar despite getting dominated for 90% of it?
I would assume that Lesnar could interfere and really deck Cena in, much like Kevin Nash's brief appearance last year. Speaking of Nash, what exactly happened to him? I agree with everything you put though, Cena seemed a bit wannabe last night but I still have faith that he could do a good job with the corporate suit gunning him down. I'll be honest, I think Punk has a better suited character for the anti corporate guy and he already has heat with Johnny from last year, but I've noticed they've kind of strayed him away from that character. Still will dig this feud with Cena though, the guys been on fire these past few months.

Anyway, I think this was an alright RAW, it served its purpose. I can't help but think that Jericho vs Punk was going to be at the next PPV but they botched the ending to Jerichos beat the clock challenge. I'm glad D Bryan is going to have a programme with Punk though, they teased it before Mania. Very happy with that one, I just hope D Bryan doesn't become a catchphrase whore with the Yes thing, kind of got that impression with this RAW. He's handled it well up to this point, I just hope he continues to do it occassionally.

I think Lesnar is fast becoming one of the best things to happen in recent WWE memory. The energy he is bringing and the thuggish attitude is really refreshing to watch, he's got such a presence at the moment and its making for some really good TV.

The ending was awesome as well, I absolutely love the fact Johnny lost his cool, its been showing for months that he's got really annoyed with things but hasn't had the full on power to act on it, now we kind of have the impression that he does and its awesome.

Also got to mention that the crowd the past month or so has been absolutely amazing, it enhances the viewing so much just to hear people getting into the show.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #8 on: 2 May 2012, 04:59:22 AM »
Well, the logic behind it for me is that while Stone Cold was on the surface bad for business because he didn't respect the rules, hence why the boss didn't like him, Cena is good for business, but not good for Johnny, because Johnny isn't the one who made him. Johnny brought in Bork and Tensai, he elevated Punk while feuding with him, he hired all these guys like Bryan as Talent Relations head. Cena's not his doing and that bothers him.

Offline chappers

« Reply #9 on: 2 May 2012, 12:11:48 PM »
I noticed Cole has turned face during the last couple of shows, end of RAW definitely emphasised it as well given how much support he had for Johnny but felt he had taken things a step too far. I don't like it personally, but I understand why, I think they had his character nailed the last couple of months and he was doing a pretty good job.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #10 on: 2 May 2012, 03:43:40 PM »
The problem with Cole is that he was heel on one show and face on the other, even within the same show sometimes he jumps. He always cheers for the Miz, now D-Bry as well, and goes nuts on some of the faces, but when he doesn't have a "vested interest" he's much calmer and neutral. It doesn't help that he does Color on Smackdown and Play-By-Play on Raw either. I've said for a while they need proper color guys on these shows that aren't Jerry Lawler.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #11 on: 2 May 2012, 08:08:32 PM »
I think they should replace Jerry Lawler with Road Dogg...or anyone.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #12 on: 2 May 2012, 08:13:12 PM »
ROAD DOGG ON COMMENTARY WOULD BE AMAZING. How has this not happened yet?

My favorite team is NXT though. It's basically just Josh being Josh, Regal talking about dressing up as a woman in his youth, random NXT wrestlers botching lines and Matt Striker correcting people's grammar. It's a spectacular trainwreck.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
« Reply #13 on: 3 May 2012, 12:31:43 AM »
I know NXT is just so much fun to watch and i just like seeing guys further down on the roster get stuff to do even if some of the storylines are crazy. I'm not much of a Regal fan though when it comes to his commentary, But i think Regal would be a really nice manager for someone...Maybe put him with Claudio?

- Michael Cole's heel announcer gimmick was supposed to officially end at WrestleMania 28. His new role is to be an "edgy" character who still respects John Laurinaitis, one of WWE's top heels. A recent sign of Cole retreating from being an annoying heel and shifting to a more neutral role was that he was sympathetic towards John Cena during his feud with Brock Lesnar.

Michael Cole such an "Edgy" guy.
« Last Edit: 3 May 2012, 12:39:04 AM by Adampro123 »

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #14 on: 3 May 2012, 05:15:47 AM »
He's vintage.