Author Topic: Ryback  (Read 1721 times)

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
Ryback
« on: 28 April 2012, 06:50:09 PM »
So, I know a lot of people don't generally like squashes, but I think they're using them pretty well with Ryback. The local guy who turns out to be a tooly heel gets destroyed by a guy he has no business being in the ring with. It shows off Ryback's moveset. And I like the wrestlers backstage watching them, but only because it's completely stupid. The Usos sounded like retards this week lol. They can't do this much longer though, this isn't Goldberg's time, anyone who's going to watch any of his first 4-5 matches is probably going to catch the next ones, so they need to give him something to do instead of just "feeding" him, although that seems to be a storyline for him. I can see places they might take this, but I want to see what he can do in an actual match eventually. But I think he has a good future and I think it's good that he's a face.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
Re: Ryback
« Reply #1 on: 29 April 2012, 12:36:57 AM »
We've seen a lot of guys just come out and beat jobbers over the last few years and i don't think anyone has done as good of a job with it as Ryback has. I don't really like the people watching him in the back but don't mind it either.

Of course it can't last forever and he's going to have to get in there with legit guys just like brodus clay but i think when he does he'll be good and i think he's gonna be a legit star one day if he can stay healthy.

Offline chappers

• Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
« Reply #2 on: 29 April 2012, 02:07:10 AM »
We've seen a lot of guys just come out and beat jobbers over the last few years and i don't think anyone has done as good of a job with it as Ryback has. I don't really like the people watching him in the back but don't mind it either.

Of course it can't last forever and he's going to have to get in there with legit guys just like brodus clay but i think when he does he'll be good and i think he's gonna be a legit star one day if he can stay healthy.
Pretty much agree with this, I think this guy has a lot of potential, its hard to fault him tbh. I just hope the WWE keep some faith in him, I enjoyed his brief appearance backstage, he looks proper hard and he kind of carries himself in a cool way. I just hope he doesn't come out with Hornswoggle at some point in the future...

Offline Leonardo Lunchbox

• Baby, I'm an Anarchist
  • FUCK YOU GET PUMPED
  • Favourite Promotion(s): Pro Wrestling Guerrilla
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Alex Shelley
« Reply #3 on: 29 April 2012, 02:55:41 PM »
They need to have all the jobbers hes been beating up try and team up to beat him. I wanna see a 5 on 1 tag.

Offline chappers

• Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
« Reply #4 on: 29 April 2012, 03:36:10 PM »
They need to have all the jobbers hes been beating up try and team up to beat him. I wanna see a 5 on 1 tag.
I would dig this even more if they all got some mic time before the match.

Offline narcolepsy

« Reply #5 on: 30 April 2012, 04:44:47 PM »
Loved the Goldberg chants at Extreme Rules last night as the look and entrance are pretty spot on.  Only thing that separates the two right now is that Ryback has more than 3 moves....I hope?

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #6 on: 30 April 2012, 06:27:20 PM »
The Goldberg chants kinda pissed me off. Everyone is based on another character, Ryback's certainly Golberg-esque but what's the problem with that? I don't hear people chanting "Ernest the Cat got Fat" when Brodus comes out.

• Baby, I'm an Anarchist
  • FUCK YOU GET PUMPED
« Reply #7 on: 30 April 2012, 10:56:10 PM »
The Goldberg chants kinda pissed me off. Everyone is based on another character, Ryback's certainly Golberg-esque but what's the problem with that? I don't hear people chanting "Ernest the Cat got Fat" when Brodus comes out.
Well because that would be a horrible chant. :uglystupid2:

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #8 on: 1 May 2012, 03:01:30 AM »
Well because that would be a horrible chant. :uglystupid2:

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #9 on: 1 May 2012, 03:06:30 AM »
The "Goldberg" chant kind of annoyed me too. Ryback has been the most impressive big muscle guy since Batista or Bobby Lashley and is squashing jobbers and making it look so entertaining like Lesnar did. I Think the chants will die down but once they do we may start getting some "RVD" chants for his ring attire.lol. either way i think im fully buying this guy to be the new next big thing.

minus 10 points for Prax posting a "You don't say" meme. I can't stand those. not memes just that one specifically.

• Baby, I'm an Anarchist
  • FUCK YOU GET PUMPED
« Reply #10 on: 1 May 2012, 04:18:29 AM »
I miss the "YEP YEP YEP" Skip Sheffield.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
« Reply #11 on: 1 May 2012, 05:11:44 AM »
I think you mean "YepYepYep what it do?"

The corn fed meat head

It's amazing what a new gimmick and push can do for a guy.