Author Topic: Smackdown spoilers from April 3rd  (Read 840 times)

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
Smackdown spoilers from April 3rd
« on: 4 April 2012, 04:55:32 AM »
- Thanks to Miriam for the following WWE SmackDown spoilers from tonight's tapings in Orlando, Florida:

Dark Match

* Dean Ambrose defeated Ezekiel Jackson

SmackDown, Airing Friday:

* SmackDown opens with John Laurinaitis and David Otunga coming out. Laurinaitis brings out Teddy Long for one last moment. Laurinaitis shows off his new and improved SmackDown and rips into Long. Long wants to quit but Johnny won't let him. It appears Long is under Laurinaitis' control now.

* David Otunga and Mark Henry beat R-Truth in a handicap squash match.

* Randy Orton beat Kane in a No DQ match. They fought all around the ring and up the ramp, on the stage before coming back to the ring. The match sees some good spots and brawls with chairs. Orton wins with a RKO after putting Kane into an exposed turnbuckle.

* Ryback makes his debut and beats a local wrestler. Our correspondent said the former Skip Sheffield wasn't anything too special.

* Daniel Bryan comes out next with AJ Lee and he's pissed off. Fans chant for Bryan but he's not buying it. He tells them to quit mocking him. Lots of "YES!" chants from the crowd. Bryan won't budge and starts dissing AJ before he dumps her. AJ leaves the ring as the crowd chants "YES" and sings "goodbye" to her.

* New WWE Intercontinental Champion Big Show beat Heath Slater with a knockout punch. Cody Rhodes was on commentary for the match.

* More heat for John Laurinaitis. He arranges a face off between Sheamus and Alberto Del Rio before their match begins tonight so Sheamus can't use the Brogue Kick for another surprise win.

* Kelly Kelly comes out for the next match. She ends up distracting WWE Divas Champion Beth Phoenix, allowing Nikki Bella to get a 30 second win. This was apparently a non-title match.

* Backstage promo with Damien Sandow from FCW debuting. Apparently he's doing some kind of actor gimmick.

* Alberto Del Rio beat Sheamus by DQ when Sheamus got caught with a chair that Del Rio had tried to use on him. Del Rio now earns a future World Heavyweight Title shot. Del Rio leaves while Sheamus gets pissed and takes it out on the referee to end the show.

doesn't look impressive to me.

No Drew
The best couple in wrestling broke up
no tag teams
some squashes
Some DQ's

Though i am looking forward to seeing the re-debut of skip.

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
Re: Smackdown spoilers from April 3rd
« Reply #1 on: 4 April 2012, 09:03:06 AM »
This show looks like a piece of shit to be honest. Which is b/s after WM. Just get Bryan back into the main event, nobody wants Del Rio/Sheamus.
Have Drew feud with Show and have a lengthy and awesome Rhodes/Orton feud done properly this time.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #2 on: 4 April 2012, 11:05:30 AM »
I Like all those ideas and honestly i would be somewhat interested in seeing Del Rio vs Sheamus. but now just isn't the time when Bryan and Sheamus haven't had a proper feud with proper matches.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #3 on: 4 April 2012, 03:33:48 PM »
I think you guys are being too hard on this, it actually sounds pretty good.

Two new debuts, with Dean Ambrose waiting in the wings.

Teddy under Johnny's control should be good.

Kane vs. Orton, meh, but when they go all around the arena it's usually a little more interesting plus a clean finish setting up the rubber match.

Bryan not getting his rematch is BS but I like the way he's trying to play the crowd as mocking him, and he dumped AJ which was coming.

Handicap squash match is just Johnny using his power... whatever.

Big Show / Slater... who cares.

Divas... who cares.

Berto vs Sheamus... we'll see how it comes off on TV.

It doesn't look amazing but they have a tough act to follow and a lot of setting up to do. I'll be missing it though since I'll be out of town.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline chappers

• Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
« Reply #4 on: 7 April 2012, 02:45:51 AM »
I thought it was a good show, opening segment was good and I like how we have a slave storyline going on with Teddy Long, this will be good to see in the coming weeks and made for an entertaining segment this week.

Handicap kind of did its job, I kind of feel like R-Truth is an absolute nobody now despite having that entertaining run a while back. I want to see more of him rather then seeing him go back to his old ways.

Orton and Kane was surprisingly good tbh, obviously the no disqualifications stipulation thrown in to advertise Extreme Rules, fun match though Prax summed it up well. Probably the best match of the night and way way better then their Mania match, kind of makes you wonder why they didn't just make it no DQ in the first place.

Ryback made an impressive debut, preferred his debut to Lord Tensai tbh, definitely more potential there imo.

Highlight of the show was Bryan's promo though, honestly this promo was probably the best promo in a very long time. I loved the whole breakdown which may have been a bit premature but it came off so well. I also liked how they decided to keep Bryan heel and didn't let him succumb to the fans, good move, he'll get his rematch at some point since he mentioned it during his promo, I just hope he gets the title back.

Show and Slater couldn't care about, Rhodes on commentary was entertaining though so I kind of enjoyed that part of the show. As mentioned though, I kind of feel this feud should be killed.

I loved the promo for this Damien Sandow, his gimmick looks very Regal esque which could be amazing, he seemed to be able to pull it off as well, looking forward to more of his twattish promos.

Del Rio and Sheamus was a standard tv main event match, nothing too amazing. I felt the end didn't come off too well on TV, Rodriguez made the end awesome though snatching the mic off Justin Roberts to announce Del Rio as the winner. Guess I'm happy with the outcome though, Del Rio coming back and losing would have been a bit of a let down, Sheamus has looked strong the last couple of shows and didn't need the win. I think Extreme Rules will be a triple

Overall I felt it was a good show I just wish they would move some of the stories on a bit.

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
« Reply #5 on: 7 April 2012, 12:08:05 PM »
Damien Sandow looks like he is going to be amazing lol. It kind of reminds me of that hilarious 'teacher' gimmick Matt Striker had but with more conviction that he will be used well and not as a joke.

Bryan's promo was awesome, Bryan is the best on SD right now and despite the fact Sheamus/ Del Rio wasn't a bad match I want to see Bryan get revenge on Sheamus. Perhaps have his rematch in a triple threat after loads of Sheamus/ Del Rio feuding then when they are mauling each other have Bryan get the surprise win.

They need to do something with Rhodes so he doesn't lose momentum as he has been awesome for the past year.
Ryback's debut was decent and I enjoyed Orton vs Kane. It gave Orton his redemption while also not taking anything away from Kane after his WM win.
I can see Orton feuding with Bryan now although I think Del Rio should feud with Orton and they should continue Sheamus/Bryan.

Offline ftwpodcast

• FTWPodcast.com
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): CM Punk
« Reply #6 on: 7 April 2012, 04:12:36 PM »
Orton vs. Kane was what we should have seen at Wrestlemania. But overall, it was a good Smackdown. Not as "amazing" as I was getting from the chatter after the live taping. But, still a lot of good things happened.
Much like you, we talk about wrestling. Just, in podcast form: ftwpodcast.com

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: 8 April 2012, 12:08:34 AM »
Rodriguez made the end awesome though snatching the mic off Justin Roberts to announce Del Rio as the winner.
Lilian Garcia.  :P
Quote from: CM Punk
Please, if you say ‘Because it’s your destiny’, I swear to jeebus I’m going to start drinking.

Offline chappers

• Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
« Reply #8 on: 8 April 2012, 09:45:21 PM »
Rodriguez made the end awesome though snatching the mic off Justin Roberts to announce Del Rio as the winner.
This is like correcting me on getting Nikki Bella muddled up for Brie Bella :2funny:

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #9 on: 10 April 2012, 01:49:47 AM »

I can see how he would get confused.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: 11 April 2012, 01:03:34 AM »
I liked Sandows debut promo. don't know if he can keep it up though and really get heat.

Really liked Rybacks re-debut. thought it was a lot better than albert.

danile bryan segment was great.

Orton vs kane was better than expected.

the rest. meh.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #11 on: 11 April 2012, 04:58:17 AM »
Sandow looks like Rafi from The League.

I liked Ryback's debut, but what was up with the jobber getting mic time and then all the wrestlers laughing at him? That was kinda weird lol
« Last Edit: 11 April 2012, 05:06:43 AM by Mr. John Praxinaitis »

Offline chappers

« Reply #12 on: 11 April 2012, 11:23:07 AM »
I liked Ryback's debut, but what was up with the jobber getting mic time and then all the wrestlers laughing at him? That was kinda weird lol

Yeah that was funny but I think it was because they want Ryback as a face, jobber was dissing the crowd and stuff before so I think they wanted Ryback to come in and do the fans a favour. Was a joke though.