Author Topic: *OFFICIAL* Raw Discussion Thread: 2nd April 2012  (Read 1872 times)

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
*OFFICIAL* Raw Discussion Thread: 2nd April 2012
« on: 3 April 2012, 12:30:17 AM »

Quote from: WWE.com
Following their “Once in a Lifetime” showdown at WrestleMania, both The Rock and John Cena will be at tonight’s Raw SuperShow in Miami. With less than an hour before show time, Cena has yet to arrive at the AmericanAirlines Arena. What could be going through his head?
Quote from: CM Punk
Please, if you say ‘Because it’s your destiny’, I swear to jeebus I’m going to start drinking.

Offline Leonardo Lunchbox

• Baby, I'm an Anarchist
  • FUCK YOU GET PUMPED
  • Favourite Promotion(s): Pro Wrestling Guerrilla
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Alex Shelley
Re: *OFFICIAL* Raw Discussion Thread: 2nd April 2012
« Reply #1 on: 3 April 2012, 02:25:55 AM »
Ziggler needs to break off from Vicki finally. And win the US title.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #2 on: 3 April 2012, 07:49:57 AM »
And win the US title? lol really? he;s already been a numerous time mid card champion including him being the US champion for most of last year. why would he need to break off from vickie and be in the same spot he's been in for the last few years?

What i liked about raw.
Brock Lesnars return
Best crowed ever
Best sign ever "blah blah blah, something about the army" in cenas rise above hate colors
Del rios return
Cody/Kofi/Show segment
Daniel Bryan chants
"YES!" chants
Jericho/Punk stuff

What i didn't like about Raw
CM Punk called john lauranitus a "toolbox" ...he's become 10 times more softer than Cena at this point.
A-Train
Santino going over Ziggler & Swagger then having clay align himself with santino
Daniel Bryan seemingly out of the world title picture replaced by del rio
Henry vs Punk the match
Miz Squashing Ryder

As for The Rock segment and the Eve Segment i really don't care at all.

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
« Reply #3 on: 3 April 2012, 09:25:47 AM »
I hope the fans Daniel Bryan chants were understood by the thick headed creative team. Sheamus/ Del Rio is cool but make it a 3 way feud because Bryan is a better wrestler and simply put I'd rather see him. His title reign was more memorable than Del Rio's and as much as I enjoy Sheamus he will become hated if they stick with this over exposure.

I quite liked Albert's return but it was nothing on Lesnar's. Hopefully this Lesnar/Cena feud will be awesome and I hope Cena doesn't get completely buried and treated like shit now.

I hope Rhodes can move on to better things as well. Kofi always seems to get these wins where someone is distracted and he hits Trouble in Paradise. A potential Miz/Ryder feud could be good. Santino retaining kind of makes Swagger/Ziggler look even dumber.

At this point I just want to see Lesnar but he needs a real reason to have a problem with Cena to avoid wrestling being simply about old wrestlers returning to beat Cena.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #4 on: 3 April 2012, 12:47:36 PM »
Did the best moment on Raw happen after Raw?

YES! YES! YES!

This might be my favorite crowed of all time.

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
« Reply #5 on: 3 April 2012, 01:06:28 PM »
YES YES YES YES.

The problem with this is that I found his YES thing hilarious as one of those subtle things he did but after this I'm starting to get worried about them playing up on it too much and it getting overdone to the point of Bryan becoming a joke character. It was nice they did it tonight to show support but I hope it doesn't get overcooked so to say.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 3 April 2012, 01:09:54 PM »
And this is even better.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #7 on: 3 April 2012, 03:32:21 PM »
A-Train
Santino going over Ziggler & Swagger then having clay align himself with santino
Henry vs Punk the match

I don't understand what's not to like.

Lord Albert-Train was good, he looked solid and made the most of a squash match.

Clay + Santino will be the best tag team of all the times. Gives Clay a feud against two established guys who are pretty high up on the card plus I have a feeling it will lead to a fatal fourway for the US title. Santino dancing was priceless too.

I thought Henry and Punk gave a damn good match considering the circumstances.

Honestly other than a couple of things this was the best RAW in a while. The crowd made it spectacular. I hope future crowds take notice and keep it going.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: 3 April 2012, 04:58:56 PM »
Well, here comes the pain!  :D

The crowd made it spectacular. I hope future crowds take notice and keep it going.
I agree, too often recently have there been crowds that just seemed flat, which seemed to take away from shows despite how good the matches might have been.

Crowds like this enhance the enjoyment a lot, even if just watching from home rather than attending it yourself.

I loved the fact that the crowd changed the chant to "SI!" when Alberto Del Rio showed up. :D
Quote from: CM Punk
Please, if you say ‘Because it’s your destiny’, I swear to jeebus I’m going to start drinking.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: 3 April 2012, 10:06:54 PM »
A-Train
Henry vs Punk the match

I don't understand what's not to like.

Lord Albert-Train was good, he looked solid and made the most of a squash match.

Clay + Santino will be the best tag team of all the times. Gives Clay a feud against two established guys who are pretty high up on the card plus I have a feeling it will lead to a fatal fourway for the US title. Santino dancing was priceless too.

I thought Henry and Punk gave a damn good match considering the circumstances.

Honestly other than a couple of things this was the best RAW in a while. The crowd made it spectacular. I hope future crowds take notice and keep it going.

A-Train just bored me. i seen better squashes from snitsky. and the whole karate thing just came off as a joke to me. its a shame because i was really looking forward to it.

Just couldn't get into Henry vs Punk.

Let's face it you're a mark for clay and santino and im a mmark for ziggler and swagger. i don't like 2 of my favorites losing to comedy acts. i like clay and santino myself just not when it comes to making ziggler & swagger look bad.

Offline chappers

• Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
« Reply #10 on: 4 April 2012, 12:25:43 AM »
Sheamus and Del Rio's promo was awkward just for the chants, I thought Sheamus did well but it was horrible to see him try and get support by doing the very thing the crowd were booing about last night; poor writing WWE you should have picked up on this last night when the crowd were chanting Daniel Bryan through 3 or 4 matches. I'm glad the crowd booed, but I just hope this doesn't ruin Sheamus, at the end of the day it isn't his fault. Having said that, I loved seeing Del Rio again and Rodriguez (how awesome was that Del Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiooo call before the match :D)

Punk and Henry had a good match imo, I liked the story they did on Punks back. Only thing I didn't like was Punk looking weak; we have the WHC shit on the night before, and I felt this devalued the WWE Championship a bit, even if it helped Henry and will likely tie him into the WWE championship in the future. Jericho's promo after was awesome and I love where they are taking this feud, its a shame that its getting completely overlooked by everything else though. I agree with Adam's view on the toolbox comment, just didn't work imo.

Johnny abusing his powers to help those that helped him last night could be really good if they actually build on it, but I can see them doing this for one week and forgetting it existed, have him build his own champions and create a stable over the next couple of months, this could be brilliant if done right.

Lord Tensai stuff was ok, didn't really do too much for me and kind of dragged a bit. Personally I could see him fizzling, but I'll reserve that judgement for another day.

The Rock was once again lame and forgettable, how many weeks now has he churned out that same recycled promo.

Cena did a good job, but I kind of feel bad that he's getting shit on a bit. As awesome as Lesnar's return was, I don't like the fact that they are making Cena a scapegoat for two people who have turned their back on wrestling for other ventures. I won't let that take me away from the awesome return though, its just in the back of my mind.

Crowd were absolutely awesome and I love the amount of support D Bryan is getting, this guy is hot right now and should be cashed in on, bad move at mania the other day, and poor direction for Sheamus, who will probably end up the worst out of this which is pretty bad as well. He's done a good job over the last few months and had it completely thrown back in his face due to poor writing. Say what you want, but Sheamus is the only person the WWE has properly built these last few years.

Offline Leonardo Lunchbox

• Baby, I'm an Anarchist
  • FUCK YOU GET PUMPED
  • Favourite Promotion(s): Pro Wrestling Guerrilla
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Alex Shelley
« Reply #11 on: 4 April 2012, 01:18:49 AM »
Punk and Henry had a good match imo, I liked the story they did on Punks back. Only thing I didn't like was Punk looking weak; we have the WHC shit on the night before, and I felt this devalued the WWE Championship a bit, even if it helped Henry and will likely tie him into the WWE championship in the future. Jericho's promo after was awesome and I love where they are taking this feud, its a shame that its getting completely overlooked by everything else though. I agree with Adam's view on the toolbox comment, just didn't work imo.
This match did nothing but raise Henry's stock back up. Clearly before the match they pointed out that Punk was hurt and Henry targeted it right away. What we got was a great big man vs small man match. Punk trying to cut Henry down and Henry just dominating and cutting Punk's come backs off while targeting his back. It showed Henry is still as dangerous as ever and was that close to getting a new title to his collection. Im actually kinda pissed Jericho came out. I would have loved to see Henry and Punk do a program for the next month. I really don't know what Abraham Washington will do to help him.

Offline Majin HoHo

• Life is a Team Sport
« Reply #12 on: 4 April 2012, 01:19:26 AM »
Wow what a Raw last night, my thoughts, Santino vs Ziggler vs Swagger solid win for Santino he needs to have more matches like this to prove he can hold the US title and carry it well enough for WWE to make money off of him.Ziggler was like a Face last night, people were wanting him to win, but they hate Swagger who doesn't,lol.The part with the Rock nearly made me cry the crowd truely showed their respect, and I thought Rock WWE Champion again hmmm..money..money..money! If he was to hold the belt again, maybe he could put over Cena or Punk at a WM next year who knows? Lord Tensai aka A-Train vs Alex Riley, it was slow but he will do more once he does a better program with a better quality opponent.I didn't like the Great Muta costume, they should come up with something better, he has the look, but I fear people won't truely get into his gimmick and they will be forced to turn him back into A-train.Only time will tell people.Henry vs Punk match of the night, funny ending with Jericho's Apple juice drowning of Punk was great, this second match could it beat their first encounter, maybe? If Jericho wins at Extreme Rules, perfect time to do so, why not have Jericho hold it to Summerslam maybe.Punk does well, chasing a title.Ok, the meat and potatoes of the show, Brock FN Lesnar showing up an F5'n Cena what does that mean.WM match, Extreme Rules match, who knows but I marked hard, have alsleep when I saw Brock.Great show, and one of the best Raws after WM in years that's how Raw should be on a consistent basis, 9 out of 10 for me.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #13 on: 4 April 2012, 03:32:17 AM »
Sheamus and Del Rio's promo was awkward just for the chants, I thought Sheamus did well but it was horrible to see him try and get support by doing the very thing the crowd were booing about last night; poor writing WWE you should have picked up on this last night when the crowd were chanting Daniel Bryan through 3 or 4 matches. I'm glad the crowd booed, but I just hope this doesn't ruin Sheamus, at the end of the day it isn't his fault. Having said that, I loved seeing Del Rio again and Rodriguez (how awesome was that Del Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiooo call before the match :D)

It's not really poor writing. Kind of hard to change a script minutes before a segment especially when it involves a huge return that's supposed to set up the new title scene. Frankly they did the write thing by not acknoledging the chants on screen, at least not for now.

I don't really think it devalued anything or made Punk look weak. Henry's already supposed to be much stronger and more dominant than Punk, and Punk's injured. It doesn't really do anything harmful for the title or Punk

Cena did a good job, but I kind of feel bad that he's getting shit on a bit. As awesome as Lesnar's return was, I don't like the fact that they are making Cena a scapegoat for two people who have turned their back on wrestling for other ventures. I won't let that take me away from the awesome return though, its just in the back of my mind.

If they decide to turn him heel eventually (doubtful, but for the sake of argument let's act like it's a possibility) then I think this is actually great for him to lose to Rock then to Lesnar. He can say, I gave 10 years to you guys, these guys come back for 5 minutes and you take their side. Would be a good way to finally have him "embrace the hate". Either way they guy's won 8 straight years worth of matches, I'm a fan of his and I have no problem seeing him lose lol.

Crowd were absolutely awesome and I love the amount of support D Bryan is getting, this guy is hot right now and should be cashed in on, bad move at mania the other day, and poor direction for Sheamus, who will probably end up the worst out of this which is pretty bad as well. He's done a good job over the last few months and had it completely thrown back in his face due to poor writing. Say what you want, but Sheamus is the only person the WWE has properly built these last few years.

Honestly there was no way that WWE could have predicted that crowd. It's as if they put the loudest members of the IWC in the same arena as a bunch of Attitude Era fans who time traveled to 2012. That crowd was way too smart compared to the standard WWE crowd. It's possible that it was a small portion of the crowd that roped the rest into their chants with them, but that definitely wasn't something that they could have planned for. What they did at Mania was a bad move and I was literally the first person to say it, but I also thought it could be good for Sheamus to look dominant. The one way that could have backfired was if the crowd didn't buy it and it carried over to the weekly shows. That's obviously what ended up happening, but i think going into that booking they probably thought the chances were low. Bryan was over, but he was over as a heel. If they can use it to push Bryan, possibly even turn him face then I think Sheamus will be fine.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Majin HoHo

• Life is a Team Sport
« Reply #14 on: 4 April 2012, 01:45:57 PM »
It did seem weird people were chanting Daniel Bryan, perfect to make him a face, and make Sheamus was he should of stayed a heel.He come bring up you boo me,but this is a man who treats his GF like shit,that kind of of thing.As for the crowd last night, I wished WWE had more crowds like that,instead of these little kids in the front with no knowledge of Wrestling.Del Rio coming back great time to so,SD needed some stars to feud with Sheamus and he's great to put in the Ring with.The Lesnar/Cena thing, I wanna how that turns out, Cena doesn't have a solid opponent for Extreme Rules would Vince want to use Lesnar while it's hot or wait later.Shit Cena Wrestling with these guys like the Rock and Lesnar only helps him.