Author Topic: *OFFICIAL* Raw Discussion Thread: 26th March 2012  (Read 950 times)

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
*OFFICIAL* Raw Discussion Thread: 26th March 2012
« on: 26 March 2012, 10:56:38 PM »
Eleven years after the last WCW Monday Nitro (which you can watch on WWE.com), WWE gears up for the final Raw before WrestleMania XXVIII (28).

Quote from: @WWEUniverse
TONIGHT on @WWE #Raw: It's full circle w/ Raw in ATL! The final face-off between @TheRock & @JohnCena b4 Miami! LIVE 9/8 CT
Quote from: CM Punk
Please, if you say ‘Because it’s your destiny’, I swear to jeebus I’m going to start drinking.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
Re: *OFFICIAL* Raw Discussion Thread: 26th March 2012
« Reply #1 on: 26 March 2012, 11:24:17 PM »
I don't know about you guys, but it really don't feel like Mania's 6 days away to me.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: 26 March 2012, 11:36:42 PM »
I don't know about you guys, but it really don't feel like Mania's 6 days away to me.
I know what you mean, it doesn't feel like it to me either for some reason.
Quote from: CM Punk
Please, if you say ‘Because it’s your destiny’, I swear to jeebus I’m going to start drinking.

Offline chappers

• Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
« Reply #3 on: 27 March 2012, 12:07:19 AM »
I've felt this way for a while now, they haven't exactly given it that big vibe, it just seems like they've hyped only two matches and everything else has been given standard storyline build. The team teddy vs team johnny match has been better then i expected and probably the third most hyped match, but even that is some what of a joke.

The problem is the fact that the two title matches haven't had much build. Jericho and Punk have done amazing work with what they have been given, if they were given the reigns from the word go this would probably have the best build. Sheamus and Bryan is just a joke in terms of build. Its really stupid booking on WWE's part because they continually have little commitment/faith in the guys that are there week in week out, yet back the bigger guys and let them have a free reign of things, its poor insight for the future. As much as I love Punk, I don't understand why he's allowed to be anti PG but no one else is, I always notice that and feel its kind of out of place, even if its enjoyable, it makes me ask why can't anyone else have this much control over their character. Out of the two main events, only one of the guys competing has been a full time wrestler this year, and will likely be a full time wrestler for the foreseeable future.

Even though the HHH/Undertaker and Rock/Cena feuds have had a lot of backing and clearly the selling point of the PPV, I feel like both have had weak build in comparison to other Manias and well a lot of their other work (aside from Cena). I'm not really digging the HHH/Undertaker feud as much as I should I feel, and I feel like the Rock and Cena haven't quite hit the right notes to really push their feud to the next level. It just feels like we are going into any other PPV.

Offline Leonardo Lunchbox

• Baby, I'm an Anarchist
  • FUCK YOU GET PUMPED
  • Favourite Promotion(s): Pro Wrestling Guerrilla
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Alex Shelley
« Reply #4 on: 27 March 2012, 12:28:08 AM »
Fuck you guys im so pumped for Mania.

Offline ftwpodcast

• FTWPodcast.com
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): CM Punk
« Reply #5 on: 27 March 2012, 01:44:59 AM »
Yeah, we're all super excited about Wrestlemania. However, that's also because this is the first time we've all got together in a long time (two from CLE, 2 from Detroit and 2 from Chicago). So, yeah - I don't get the overall hate on WM. They could have done things better or differently, but it still feels really important to us.

HOWEVER, this documentary is incredibly boring. If this is what they're using to raise interest in Rock vs. Cena, it's failing. Big time. I like both of them, and I get I'm supposed to. But, that doesn't mean I want to see them compete. Still need to be given that reason.
Much like you, we talk about wrestling. Just, in podcast form: ftwpodcast.com

• Baby, I'm an Anarchist
  • FUCK YOU GET PUMPED
« Reply #6 on: 27 March 2012, 02:31:54 AM »
The documentary was essentially the Rock and Cena DVD's with some Wrestlemania talk scattered in between. It really didn't even talk about the match.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #7 on: 27 March 2012, 03:07:43 AM »
I'm not hating on Mania. I've actually been excited for most of the matches for a while. I just don't feel like it's wrestlemania week. I feel like every match on the card outside of Rock/Cena and HIAC needs at least two more solid weeks of build. But that's WWE's fault.

• Baby, I'm an Anarchist
  • FUCK YOU GET PUMPED
« Reply #8 on: 27 March 2012, 03:10:15 AM »
I will never get tired of Brodus Clay.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #9 on: 27 March 2012, 04:28:04 AM »
I Thought Raw was bad. Especially for a go home show, a show that is supposed to make you excited for mania and is supposed to sell you on ordering it.

Started out okay with Bryan & Kane vs Sheamus & Orton. though these feuds really have no meat to them and they are just feuding for a title or just because there is nothing left for them.

Then we get Santino vs Otunga. yeah it was somewhat funny in parts but really? on the go home show this? and then all this Miz losing build just lead to him helping johnny and being added to team johnny?

Divas match. meh.

Didn't like the christian/punk stuff. just didn't come off as well as i think they wanted it to. they wanted it to. they made punk imagine christian was jericho and had punk kick his ass pretty bad. but it just didn't seem like enough to me and didn't seem like the right thing for the go home show.

Clay squashed Curt Hawkins. King called Curt Hawkins "Curtis Hawkins" twice. and Curt Hawkins trended world wide on twitter. Waste of time and waste of talent really.

Show squashed epico. then primo too. cody came out and pretty much said the same thing hes been saying...

Henry vs Khali. yep.

The aftermath saw booker reavealing he would be the last guy on team teddy. no rey no foley just booker who would be commentating anyways if he wasn't in this.

So before the end we look back at raw and we see the show that is supposed to sell you on mania had.

Santino vs Otunga
Divas
Clay vs Hawkins
Show vs Epico
and Khali vs Henry.

Yeah....you can do a lot better than that. seriously.

Rock/Cena stuff was good. I Think Cena did a great job again this time kind of turning people against him in a way. only someone as great as cena on the mic can make you root for him and against him at the same time.lol. i feel like he kind of held back for the sake of the feud and i think it was the right thing to do. the only problem here was the crowed which was shit.

Nothing new with taker/hbk/triple h. just video packages.

Overall i didn't enjoy raw at all. i went into this really looking forward to raw and mania. now im still looking forward to mania but really only because its mania. there isn't really anything i want to see.

Offline chappers

• Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
« Reply #10 on: 28 March 2012, 12:54:32 AM »
Yeah, we're all super excited about Wrestlemania. However, that's also because this is the first time we've all got together in a long time (two from CLE, 2 from Detroit and 2 from Chicago). So, yeah - I don't get the overall hate on WM. They could have done things better or differently, but it still feels really important to us.

I think we are all psyched for Mania because its Mania. However the build has been lousy, and the build they have focused on could have been better.

Anyway I agree pretty much with what Adam had to say about RAW. I'll add one thing though, team johnny vs team teddy seemed to be a bit of a cluster fuck come the end. We had Cole announce that he would be the announcer for team johnny, I swear Booker then did the same thing, then Booker is thrown into the match. Drew is then thrown onto team Johnny with no announcement (they could have done a backstage segment with Christian rather then the brief commentary announcement in the heat of the moment). The Miz coming out looked like last minute booking and it was anti-climatic. This feud has been brilliant, and when it worked this week it was brilliant, but I feel like the injury to Christian and the announcements this week have kind of damaged this feud a bit.

David Otunga's Team Johnny T-Shirt was hilarious. John Laurinaitis mixing up his words is always entertaining, I find it funny how they keep humiliating him each week by building on Teddy pushing him over.

I felt The Rock was a little better this week, still hasn't found his game on the mic in my opinion and still comes out with some lame sayings. Having said that I preferred what Cena had to say, if Rock had a point to his argument, which he could easily find, he could have something to root for.

Crowd were terrible for the most part, but I don't blame them considering Mania is six days away and they have a show with Epico, Primo, Khali, and Curt Hawkins.

No HHH/Undertaker build damaged the show a bit imo.

Kind of wanted Jericho to come out at some point, didn't happen, enjoyed what he said on the titantron though.

No more mic build for Bryan and Sheamus :/

Orton and Kane given no build.

Offline ftwpodcast

• FTWPodcast.com
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): CM Punk
« Reply #11 on: 28 March 2012, 01:49:55 PM »
I think the show sucked if you were expecting a lot to happen. But, realistically, it's the week before WM. They've had too many risks lately: injuries, Cena's car accident, etc. I think it was fine that they didn't do a whole lot this show knowing what's coming next. Kane vs. Orton was never built well. It's a filler match, so their minimal confrontation at the beginning of the show, I thought, was acceptable. Again, Bryan vs. Sheamus is for the title. You don't need a lot of build for that. It's Royal Rumble winner vs. Champion. That's how it always is, and that sells itself. The match will be great regardless of the storyline behind it.

The Rock vs. Cena docu was lame and unproductive. Their segment that ended the show seemed to really end abruptly. But, that was the first time I can remember Rock saying he'd win the match. So far, I don't ever remember him really talking about the match. Just lame dick jokes.

The Teddy vs. Ace storyline, sure - it's meh. BUT, it gets 12-guys a Mania moment, including Drew McIntyre and Miz. So, no complaints there. And the storyline implications make the next few months pretty interesting.

I disagree with the idea that Christian's situation was handled wrong. I think it came off more realistic AND gave Punk a needed edge going into Sunday by doing what they did. Christian was sacrificed for Jericho vs. Punk. It's a shame he couldn't do Mania, but he supplied a much needed spark elsewhere.
Much like you, we talk about wrestling. Just, in podcast form: ftwpodcast.com

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #12 on: 28 March 2012, 03:05:40 PM »
I think Christian was handled fine on the show itself, but if he wasn't 100% then he shouldn't have even been booked for the match in the first place.

Offline Majin HoHo

• Life is a Team Sport
« Reply #13 on: 29 March 2012, 08:15:51 PM »
was glad the Raw opened up with a match instead of a video package, as Orton/Sheamus vs Kane/Bryan was good, each man got their shine in the Ring.AJ is becoming Elizabeth in a way, as Bryan uses her to stop guys from attacking him, and she loves to get in the Ring.Bryan you lucky bastard, being able to kiss AJ for 5 seconds, geez. Miz joining Team Johnny good thing for him, it's two steps down from where he was in WWE going into WM last year, but Team Johnny is really looking good right now, and two or three of those guys could have a World Championship run maybe in 2012 after Mania. Kelly vs Eve booo, Eve doesn't wrestle better as a heel, and it's time WWE to get rid of Kelly, she hasn't improved, her only move she does well is the headscissors, but her opponent has to sell it and take the right bump.I loved the video package involving the end of the era, with Taker and Triple H. Those two guys tell a story in the Ring, especially the Hell in the Cell matches, can't wait for Sunday. Punk being attacked verbal by Jericho calling him a bastard, seemed to me he was going to cry, but I felt sorry for Christan, as we saw shades of gray, as babyfaces don't beat up heels like that.Now he's ''injured'', but Jericho vs Punk should be unbeliable great to see. Loved the Cody Rhodes, making Big Show a verb, hope  I didn't big show this post,lol. Finally the end, Rock/Cena I liked that segment, these guys are 100 percent sure they will win.You think Vince came up with the finish yet, any chances of a double one..two..three, for a draw, into 5 minute overtime? Who knows the 7 outta 10 for me, WM is coming baby!!!!