Linked Events

• WWE WrestleMania 29: 7 April 2013

Author Topic: *OFFICIAL* WWE WrestleMania 29 Discussion  (Read 3807 times)

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
*OFFICIAL* WWE WrestleMania 29 Discussion
« on: 26 March 2012, 05:59:00 PM »
WWE WrestleMania 29

Sunday, 7th April 2013

WWE CHAMPIONSHIP

The Rock (c) vs. John Cena

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP

Alberto Del Rio (c) vs. Jack Swagger

WRESTLEMANIA STREAK

The Undertaker vs. CM Punk

NO HOLDS BARRED - TRIPLE H's CAREER IS OVER IF HE LOSES

Triple H vs. Brock Lesnar

Ryback vs. Mark Henry

WWE TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

Team Hell No (c) vs. Dolph Ziggler & Big E Langston

Chris Jericho vs. Fandango

EIGHT-PERSON TAG TEAM MATCH

Tons of Funk & The Funkadactyls vs. Team Rhodes Scholars & The Bella Twins

SIX-MAN TAG TEAM MATCH

Randy Orton, Sheamus, and The Big Show vs. The Shield

PRE-SHOW: INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP

Wade Barrett (c) vs. The Miz

WATCH THE PRE-SHOW

WATCH THE POST-SHOW

After speaking with sources, WZ has learned that WWE involved Shawn Michaels in the Hell in a Cell match between Triple H and The Undertaker with a tentative plan to set up HBK's involvement at WrestleMania 29.
It is believed that the current plan in mind is to run some kind of finish to the Hell in a Cell match that causes Triple H to call out Shawn Michaels the next night on RAW.

The plan that is circulating behind the scenes in WWE is that Triple H and HBK would have a verbal confrontation that leads to a match at WrestleMania 29.

It has been reported that WWE wants to announce one of the big matches for WrestleMania 29 soon, giving a year to promote it just as they did with The Rock and John Cena – an HBK vs HHH match could be that main event bout.

We will continue to follow the story and bring you more information.

I have no problem with HBK coming back occasionally for a match, but does it really need to be against Triple H? We've seen that a million times before. And a year build? It was special the first time but this doesn't really need a year's worth of build.
« Last Edit: 7 April 2013, 01:41:57 PM by Awesome »

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline chappers

• Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
Re: Possible Wrestlemania XXIX Matches
« Reply #1 on: 26 March 2012, 07:51:35 PM »
After speaking with sources, WZ has learned that WWE involved Shawn Michaels in the Hell in a Cell match between Triple H and The Undertaker with a tentative plan to set up HBK's involvement at WrestleMania 29.
It is believed that the current plan in mind is to run some kind of finish to the Hell in a Cell match that causes Triple H to call out Shawn Michaels the next night on RAW.

The plan that is circulating behind the scenes in WWE is that Triple H and HBK would have a verbal confrontation that leads to a match at WrestleMania 29.

It has been reported that WWE wants to announce one of the big matches for WrestleMania 29 soon, giving a year to promote it just as they did with The Rock and John Cena – an HBK vs HHH match could be that main event bout.

We will continue to follow the story and bring you more information.

I have no problem with HBK coming back occasionally for a match, but does it really need to be against Triple H? We've seen that a million times before. And a year build? It was special the first time but this doesn't really need a year's worth of build.
The problem with this is that the average fan won't really care enough about this match to really want to watch it. I mean HBK has been gone about 2 years, HHH is still in the business, people just won't get that special vibe imo. When we've had these kind of matches before, its usually been something many people have really wanted to see, like Rock vs Hogan, Rock vs Cena, Bret Hart's return. I just wouldn't get that feel from this one I don't think as I know that these are both WWE guys through and through, and as you've said, its been done before. Would I want to see it, I think so, I think there's potential for it I just don't see it being the draw they seem to think it is from this statement.

Offline Adampro123

• Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #2 on: 26 March 2012, 08:08:28 PM »
I Been expecting this exact thing since HBK got involved in this storyline and im all for it. especially considering i believe it will be both HBK's and Triple H's retirement match.

And just because we have seen this match doesn't really mean anything. hell we are getting taker vs triple h this year for the 3rd time at wrestlemania. We've had taker and kane feud countless times etc... so i don't think WWE really cares about that aspect of it and i do actually think they could do something a lot like they did with taker vs triple h this year and it will work out just fine and im sure these 2 will put on a great match as they have before just not at mania...unless you  count the triple threat in 2004.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #3 on: 26 March 2012, 09:42:14 PM »
When you wrestle once a year (or in HBK's case once every three years) then it definitely does mean something when you're fighting a guy you've faced millions of times before. If HBK comes back then I don't want to see him face his best friend in a circlejerk match, I want to see him face someone he can do something new with. I'm sure they can put on a good feud and match, I just don't feel like I need to pay and see it when I can just pop in a DVD or go on Youtube and see them wrestle each other when they were both not old.

Offline ftwpodcast

• FTWPodcast.com
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): CM Punk
« Reply #4 on: 27 March 2012, 01:53:09 AM »
First, please - never quote Wrestlezone here as a source of accurate information.

Second, anyone else find it annoying that we're even talking about this now? One WM at a time. :)
Much like you, we talk about wrestling. Just, in podcast form: ftwpodcast.com

Offline Adampro123

• Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #5 on: 27 March 2012, 02:03:09 AM »
I don't think any sort of discussion is annoying. any discussion and activity is a good thing in my book as long as it's not spam and im sure if this does go through it will end up being the official topic of this feud.

I agree personally because thats how i feel about taker vs triple h i really don't want to see it. my point was more WWE has shown they really don't care if people don't want to see the same match again.

Offline ftwpodcast

• FTWPodcast.com
« Reply #6 on: 27 March 2012, 02:12:13 AM »
*nods* Still... we talked about the possibility of HHH vs. HBK on a recent show. Generally speaking, we were all behind the idea, but not behind it actually happening. Sure, the idea sounds great, but in practice - it's too late.

Offline Leonardo Lunchbox

• Baby, I'm an Anarchist
  • FUCK YOU GET PUMPED
  • Favourite Promotion(s): Pro Wrestling Guerrilla
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Alex Shelley
« Reply #7 on: 27 March 2012, 02:47:04 AM »
The only match I want to see is CM Punk vs Stone Cold Steve Austin. 3 hour long match.

Offline Adampro123

« Reply #8 on: 27 March 2012, 03:03:21 AM »
Punk also tweeted the following to Steve Austin, an apparent tease for WrestleMania 29:

"@steveaustinBSR 29, son."

Well you never know.

Offline Leonardo Lunchbox

• Baby, I'm an Anarchist
  • FUCK YOU GET PUMPED
  • Favourite Promotion(s): Pro Wrestling Guerrilla
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Alex Shelley
« Reply #9 on: 27 March 2012, 03:15:31 AM »
LETS DO IT.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #10 on: 27 March 2012, 07:51:50 PM »
@steveaustinBSR
Steve Austin
@CMPunk Just worry about 28. If the stars all line up I always have a big can of Whoop Ass ready to take to NYC. #rogerthat

:mrk :mrk :mrk

Offline chappers

• Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
« Reply #11 on: 28 March 2012, 01:00:24 AM »
If this happens, this needs to be the advert for Mania 29:

Proper pysched though, please make it happen :mrk

Offline ftwpodcast

• FTWPodcast.com
« Reply #12 on: 28 March 2012, 01:38:41 PM »
Punk looks awful emo in this photo.

Offline Adampro123

« Reply #13 on: 28 March 2012, 07:09:39 PM »
I Don't see anything emo about him in that, i think you may be confusing emo for punk.

- F4Wonline.com reports that Brock Lesnar is at least interested in a match against The Undertaker or Steve Austin for WrestleMania 29.

I'd love to see brock return.

Offline ftwpodcast

• FTWPodcast.com
« Reply #14 on: 29 March 2012, 01:19:03 PM »
Emo is a sad punk. Or at least it was "back in my day".

And, agreed about Brock. I made a similar suggestion (Brock vs. Taker) on last Shotgun Saturday Afternoon (all though, I think that question got cut for time). Would love to see Brock come back full time, which is a possibility now.