Author Topic: Should TNA merge their Tag Team divisions?  (Read 1442 times)

Offline ftwpodcast

• FTWPodcast.com
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): CM Punk
Should TNA merge their Tag Team divisions?
« on: 14 March 2012, 08:37:04 PM »

EY and ODB hold the Knockout Tag Titles. What if TNA unified the Tag belts and and turned it into a mixed tag team championship? What if all TNA Tag matches were mixed? Would that be compelling to you?
Much like you, we talk about wrestling. Just, in podcast form: ftwpodcast.com

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
Re: Should TNA merge their Tag Team divisions?
« Reply #1 on: 14 March 2012, 08:58:16 PM »
My initial thought was that it would make sense to have one set of tag team titles, that allows teams to be of any gender and of mixed genders (so 1 male/1 female, 2 males, and 2 females). The problem with that would likely be that it would be dominated by male tag teams as they would consider the females to not be as resilient.

As for a merge with it being only mixed genders (1 male/1 female), I would be worried about the female competition being token offense and still mostly focusing on the males.

As a result, I don't think it would be a good idea - but it could be that the regular tag titles have no restrictions anyway. This is all in general as I haven't seen TNA in quite a while, but if EY is one half of the Knockout Tag Team Champions, I don't think that he should be for too long, otherwise it could lower the legitimacy of the titles.
Quote from: CM Punk
Please, if you say ‘Because it’s your destiny’, I swear to jeebus I’m going to start drinking.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #2 on: 14 March 2012, 10:34:45 PM »
Why is Eric Young a homeless person now?

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline ftwpodcast

• FTWPodcast.com
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): CM Punk
« Reply #3 on: 14 March 2012, 10:57:54 PM »
Quiet John. His beard is awesome.

ODB and Eric were actually tag team partners in the Wildcard Tag tournament a few months back - you know, right when they started their "relationship". So, we've seen ODB compete against guys before. She wasn't great, but she did body slam Anarquia, which was awesome in itself. That was actually the last time he was on TV.
Much like you, we talk about wrestling. Just, in podcast form: ftwpodcast.com

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #4 on: 14 March 2012, 11:23:33 PM »
I Agree EY's beard is epic. I've loved this little romance storyline and Eric Young is so funny and so good at playing the lovable mentally challenge guy.

But merging the tag titles? no. Sabin will be back shortly and he and shelley can win back the tag titles after that though TNA needs to go out and hire some tag teams because they are really lacking in that department right now.