Author Topic: *OFFICIAL* Raw Discussion Thread: 12th March 2012  (Read 927 times)

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
*OFFICIAL* Raw Discussion Thread: 12th March 2012
« on: 12 March 2012, 09:49:10 PM »

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Quote from: WWE.com
With Monday’s Raw SuperShow airing live from the home of the Rock ‘n’ Roll Hall of Fame, Cleveland, Ohio, it is only fitting that The Rock and John Cena go musical – and old school – with their war of words.

The Rock stares down John Cena on WWE's Raw SuperShow.

It will be The “Rock Concert" versus Cena’s rap, the Most Electrifying Man in Entertainment’s insta-trending insults against the Cenation leader’s home-spun rhymes. Weeks away from their once in a lifetime confrontation at WrestleMania, The Rock and Cena will tear into each other on the mic, and based on what they’ve said so far, there’s no telling how far they’ll go.
Quote from: CM Punk
Please, if you say ‘Because it’s your destiny’, I swear to jeebus I’m going to start drinking.

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
Re: *OFFICIAL* Raw Discussion Thread: 12th March 2012
« Reply #1 on: 12 March 2012, 09:52:17 PM »
Three bets

1. The Rock will make an arse of himself
2. Santino will own Vickie's stable
3. Laurinaitis will be a hero

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #2 on: 13 March 2012, 12:21:00 AM »
Love it when Cena brings back the rap, should be fun.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Leonardo Lunchbox

• Baby, I'm an Anarchist
  • FUCK YOU GET PUMPED
  • Favourite Promotion(s): Pro Wrestling Guerrilla
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Alex Shelley
« Reply #3 on: 13 March 2012, 01:03:30 AM »
I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY ANY OF THIS IS HAPPENING.

Offline Leonardo Lunchbox

• Baby, I'm an Anarchist
  • FUCK YOU GET PUMPED
  • Favourite Promotion(s): Pro Wrestling Guerrilla
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Alex Shelley
« Reply #4 on: 13 March 2012, 01:33:53 AM »
Teddy Long is a bitch for pushing Big Johnny when he wasn't looking.

Offline J.D

• Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
« Reply #5 on: 13 March 2012, 11:26:08 AM »
Cena bringing back the thuganomics was cool, enjoyed the rap and he really does remind me of Marky Mark lol.
Sheamus vs Ziggler was good for what it was, can't help but feel Ziggler has lost all momentum though. Eve Torres has been looking so hot lately. The clip with the Bella's mentioning Cena trains all year whereas Rock doesn't was funny.
Also that psychic guy or whatever was kinda amusing in a pathetic sort of way.
The handicap against Santino was just there to make Johnny Ace look more of a dick but it was worthwhile just to see Otunga flexing his muscles at the end. On another note that Otunga lawyer on Twitter clip was hilarious.

HBK/Taker promo was okay but I can't help but feel skeptical about this feud as I feel HBK will look like a dick if he screws Triple H. If HHH does win that is ok I guess but still, would rather have seen someone else retire Taker (preferably HBK as his two matches were amazing.)

Punk vs Miz was ok and Punk/Jericho's feud is starting to take an interesting turn.
Orton/Swagger was what it was but it was good that Swagger had some offense and didn't get completely squashed. Kane scare at the end= who cares.

The Rock came out and  he had more lame jokes. Ha-ha teletubby  :dohw:
However I enjoyed his song and was funny seeing him play the guitar. You can't deny it, was a great performance despite the fact some of the content was a bit off e.g. the stuff about Cena's Mum was retarded.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #6 on: 13 March 2012, 02:40:49 PM »
I actually went into the Rock concert with an open mind (I swear) and I hated it. The only interesting part was We Will Rock You at the end, but the rest was pretty unbearable. It was just Dwayne making dick and Cena's mom jokes for 20 minutes... I get that's his character but this feud isn't going anywhere that Cena himself isn't taking it and it's annoying. Cena's rap was fun and it was short, at least. Enough of this, let's get some real build instead of the same shit every week.

Offline chappers

• Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
« Reply #7 on: 14 March 2012, 12:09:51 AM »
I liked Cena's rap, still kind of feel he owned Dwayne although I didn't mind Dwayne this week, I actually felt the We Will Rock You bit was weaker tbh, he was completely out of sync with it and he was just reading off the screen, kind of felt he ruined himself with that. The guitar bits had moments of brilliance and also moments where it was just kind of lame, but i laughed a few times. I agree with what you put though Prax, I want to see them escalate it and I feel that they should have been face to face this week. Give us a contract signing or something to make things interesting.

Aside from this, I enjoyed the Team Teddy/Team Johnny build, I feel like this is my favourite feud going into Mania each week has been amazing and its hilarious seeing them shouting in each others face. Teddy's push this week was priceless, I couldn't stop laughing at John Laurinaitis's over reaction. Handicap match was good and I liked the way Henry and Otunga held off the interference after the match, wish they'd do that more to make things unpredictable. Jericho's promo was awesome but I really wish they'd prioritise this feud some more, you've got two of the best mic workers currently in the WWE and they are hardly interacting, from what we've had though its been really good although it could be so much better.

Everything else was kind of good but not great.

Offline J.D

« Reply #8 on: 14 March 2012, 12:18:43 AM »
Your sig is awesome and so similar to your avatar than I'm not willing to even go there coz its just too much jokes.

I love the way David Otunga has gone from non-entity to pretty much everyone on the forums favourite wrestler right now  :D Buzzing.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #9 on: 14 March 2012, 04:25:27 AM »
Hey guys, I slept with Adampro's mom and she told me he has a tiny penis. Isn't that hilarious? Now let's get that trending.

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: 14 March 2012, 10:45:36 AM »
Apart from agreeing with chappers about the "We Will Rock You" part, I too went into The Rock's concert with an open mind. Unfortunately I agree with Prax's thoughts on it, I was expecting something much better than that, and I was left disappointed and thinking that it was cheapened even more by the "Cleveland Rocks" part, which I thought was put in just to ensure some cheap pops.

The David Otunga lawyer ad was awesome, and the fact that chappers is using it as a signature with his regular avatar just makes it even more so. :)

EDIT: Also, good to see that The Funkasaurus is back. :D
Quote from: CM Punk
Please, if you say ‘Because it’s your destiny’, I swear to jeebus I’m going to start drinking.

Offline J.D

« Reply #11 on: 14 March 2012, 11:24:58 AM »
I stand by what I said about The Rock's part

Performance= good
Content= horrible

The We will rock you part just was a fail. His voice was worse than Jillian Hall's.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #12 on: 16 March 2012, 12:10:31 PM »
I know im late on this but i actually really liked the rock on this raw. I would still say Cena was better just because i have always been a sucker of the rapping Cena if we had that Cena Every week i think there would be a lot more Cena fans. but i thought the rock segment was really good too and i thought it was really funny and i think the rock didn't look bad in this like he has the last 2 weeks. he he was just making jokes and taking jabs at cena but i don't see anything wrong with it.

BUT a few things i didn't like about the rocks part.
1- a bunch of blatant cheap pops telling cleveland they should be chanting cleveland instead of rocky. i wonder if he asked foley if he could steal his gimmick?
2- Couple of weeks ago rock read off of his wrist, this week he read off of lyrics sitting right in front of him! lol no one seemed to even care.
3- the we will rock you part was horrible. rock was stumbling over his words and the lyrics was right there on the titantron and it didn't work out well at all and just wasn't needed.

As for the rest of the show...

I liked James Roday.

Otungas lawyer commercial was awesome.

Funkasarus is back! not sure why though if they took him off why not leave him off until after mania because there isn't really any place for him right now...good to see him though.

Ziggler again Gives Sheamus one of his better matches ever. its a shame Ziggler is back to being a jobber though.

I'm sure something funny happened with Teddy & Johnny but i don't remember it.

Glad to be seeing Zack Ryder back on TV but you gotta give him more than a 1 min segment with Eve. im still wondering where this is going. apparently they are friends with benefits now? and then Beth showed up out of nowhere and said she admired what eve has been doing but then they started to have some tension between eachpother. still not sure where they are going with this,.

Punk over miz was alright but i don't like the direction of the jericho vs punk feud it seems depressing already and im just not digging Jericho at all since his return. it also seems like a very similar stopryline TNA did in 2007 with Rhino and James storm. that actually was a really good feud but but here just a few weeks before mania i don't think i like this direction.

Undertaker saying Mania was on april 21st....

Undertaker being pretty bad on the mic but the whole segment was pretty good. i liked the whole thing about HBK saying he can still be the guy to end the streak even if he's retired.

Don't recall anything else of note. Overall a good raw.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #13 on: 16 March 2012, 02:20:42 PM »
Teddy pushed John and this happened:

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #14 on: 16 March 2012, 02:38:26 PM »
Look at kings face. lmao