Author Topic: *OFFICIAL* Raw Discussion Thread: Feb 27th 2012  (Read 624 times)

Offline Majin HoHo

• Life is a Team Sport
*OFFICIAL* Raw Discussion Thread: Feb 27th 2012
« on: 27 February 2012, 09:50:13 PM »

The Rock Returns to Raw
It was three months ago at Survivor Series when the Rock last appeared in a WWE ring. However, this week on Raw, the Great One returns. With Wrestlemania fast approaching, The Rock will be sure to address his Wrestlemania opponent, John Cena when he returns to Raw Supershow. Last week, Cena had some harsh words for The Rock, criticizing his lack of appearances over the past seven years, so expect to see The Rock respond in a fashion that only The Rock could. What will happen when one of the most charismatic superstars in wrestling history returns to Raw? And with Cena and Rock in the same building for the first time since Survivor Series (when The Rock delivered the Rock Bottom to Cena), expect to see more confrontations between the two. With just five weeks until Wrestlemania and with this rivalry heating up, this is set to be an unmissable show.

Also on Raw
Last week on SmackDown, we saw CM Punk and Daniel Bryan conclude without a definitive winner. John Laurinaitis has teased through his twitter account that we may see another Champion vs Champion match this week. In a battle royal last week, Chris Jericho earned the right to face CM Punk for the WWE Championship at Wrestlemania. The rivalry between the two has been simmering for several weeks now: what is next between these two? Also last week, we found out that Triple H had finally accepted Undertaker's challenge for Wrestlemania on one condition: Hell in a Cell. Will we hear from either of these two legends this week on Raw? And with the tensions between Raw General Manager, John Laurinaitis, and SmackDown General Manager, Theodore Long, rising, expect to see both men continue their quest to gain control of both brands. Watch all this and much more on Raw Supershow

I'm watching tonight for the Rock, pure and simple, burn him alive Rocky.Also I wanna see this Long and Johnny Ace get heavy, cause Tuesday Long and Ace was about to get thugging and bugging!

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
Re: *OFFICIAL* Raw Discussion Thread: Feb 27th 2012
« Reply #1 on: 28 February 2012, 01:41:43 AM »
Welcome back, Dwayne.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Majin HoHo

• Life is a Team Sport
« Reply #2 on: 28 February 2012, 01:35:43 PM »
What I thought about the show, first of all Punk vs Chris Jericho segment, was ok, but they need to come with some new words to say to each other, sounds like a broken record.The match vs Daniel Bryan was solid, but it done, actually the same finish and same moves to lead up to the finish, which was wrong.C'mon WWE, Long vs Johnny Ace in a Cage, make it happen holla holla.Kelly vs Nikki Bella was fucking horrible, why was Kelly even on the show, she hasn't been getting that much air time, where was Beth, shit where's Natayla? Kelly is a waste of time to use in the division.Geez use AJ and Maxine please,and Kailtlyn.Miz vs Cena, was average as best, damn Miz has fallen since last year, top of his game, now bottom of the barrel.At this point send him to SD or back to either mid-card to build him up again.Now Kofi/Truth vs Primo/Epico vs Ziggler/Swagger, was really good.I like to see a division getting respect on the shows.Hopefully WWE can put a fourth or fifth team together.Big Show/Sheamus vs Rhodes/Henry, waste of a match, oh yeah Sheamus is really getting shine to show people he deserves that RR win, horrible booking on Sheamus WWE! End fo the show time, Rock vs Cena, it seems to be me WWE is holding back Rocky for some reason.Cena is getting the brakes taking the shots, and the Rock is the calm one, doesn't sound like the real Rock to me.What I would do is have Rock go to Cena's hometown, and look at the house he lived in kinda like Edge did, without beating up Cena's Dad.Now, Rock getting people to chant for anything takes special talent, Kung Pow Bitch, lol.Cena coming down, was forced to me, but I want more, WWE is building this as passing of the torch, this has to be done right.When Cena wins, it has to be good story told there, right now I know they hate each other, but I want see a attitude era type of promos.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #3 on: 28 February 2012, 05:39:33 PM »
Punk/Jericho stuff was good but i agree with Hoho, seems like they are just saying the same things over and over again and i shouldn't be but i kind of feel tired of this feud already.

Bryan vs Punk was good. no better than there other 2 matches they had thogh, the Teddy and Johnny stuff was entertaining. Johnny knocking off santino was awesome.

Issue here is they really aren't building Bryan vs Sheamus at all. Sheamus and Bryan seem to have little to no interaction with eachother.

didn't see Kelly vs which ever bella it was but i assume it was to build kelly back up a bit beings later in the show her and even had a backstage segment....a segment where alicia foxx came in a showed up completely randomly for no reason at the end after eve had walked away.

Cena vs Miz i didn't watch because honestly anytime these 2 have wrestled its been really boring and bland. Miz's gimmick these days just seems to be aboutdesperately wanting to be on the show at mania...not too interesting. I still think he could be facing Shaq at mania but if not Shaq there could be Orton, Foley, Booker, Rey or who I'm hoping for John Morrison.

LOVED LOVED LOVED the triple threat tag title match. WWE needs more matches like this and needs more focus on the tag titles in general. this kind of reminded me of the old hardys/dudleys/E&C days. and having such talented wrestlers in this didn't hurt either. was shocked Primo & Epico got the win.

Kane coming out and chokslamming everyone im not sure how to take. wondering if he's just gonna show up and randomly attack people until Ryder comes back or if he's actually interested in the tag titles he and a partner or just him by his self.

Eve stuff was alright i guess. still pisses me off all these other divas get air time and the champ beth gets nothing.

Show & Sheamus vs Rhodes & Henry i didn't like. Henry has become a jobber again after looking so legit the last what? 8 months. Sheamus just seems uninteresting. Show & Cody stuff i kind of like but can't help but think it will lead to a big show win which wouldn't really help cody. also i don't like how the IC championship has taken a backseat the last 2 months. we had Ziggler and Rhodes bringing back some pride to those mid card titles and now they seem like they just don't matter again.

Preview for SD says Orton is back and faces Bryan this week on SD. so it looks like Orton is okay to go. kind of makes me wonder if the whole thing was an angle. anyways i gotta wonder if orton will somehow get in the title match between sheamus and bryan. i really hope so because i think it needs it because im not really liking how they are booking sheamus since winning the rumble at all and any sort of a feud between sheamus and bryan either seem really uninteresting or like its not even happening at all.

Rock came out there and ran his mouth for 15 mins and pretty much said nothing. all he did was catchphrases, lied to the crowed who ate it up like they were Hoho. and talked about twitter. Then Cena came out there and it only took 3 mins to own rock. after that rock looked all flustered and was fumbling his words and was way off his game. but for some reason the crowed was still on his side and he pretty much copied what cena had to say saying he would whop his ass.... I loved the part where Cena pointed out the rocks notes on his wrist.

Overall a good raw but i can't help but feel something was missing, just can't put my finger on it. Maybe its the fact Christian and Del rio came back at the chamber and haven't been seen since.

Offline Majin HoHo

• Life is a Team Sport
« Reply #4 on: 28 February 2012, 06:16:17 PM »
That crap with the writing on Rock's wrist c'mon Rock did that on purpose so Cena could have something on him to take a shot.We know Rock comes up with his own promos, that's why that writing is a shock.WWE wants people to doubt the Rock that he should even be there, but WWE will fail in their attempt to get Cena more fans, since it will be Miami as we know, so Cena is going to be a  super heel no matter what you do! 

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: 28 February 2012, 08:13:59 PM »
Eve Torres I wasn't particularly a fan of, but mainly because I was hoping that it would lead to her being interrupted by Kharma. That obviously didn't happen, but I hope that will be the outcome soon - I had no interest in the part backstage of her brushing off Kelly Kelly, as Kelly seems to have no relevance at the moment anyway, but I did hope that it is not supposed to lead to a match between the two - as I said, if there's going to be a match, it should be against Kharma.

Kane coming out and chokeslamming those in the ring after the tag team match was interesting, but it does make me wonder who would fit being a tag team partner of his character right now, if the goal is to go after the Tag Team Championship and not just a random attack.

As much as I love to hate Cena, I completely agree with Adampro123's thoughts on The Rock. It was clear that Cena got the better of him - but HoHo may have a point too, that WWE are trying to get people to doubt The Rock so that it builds up Cena more for their match. If that is true, then it worked - The Rock did seem way off his game.
Quote from: CM Punk
Please, if you say ‘Because it’s your destiny’, I swear to jeebus I’m going to start drinking.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #6 on: 28 February 2012, 08:39:10 PM »
Obviously everything they do with Dwayne and Cena is a work, it's a feud. But I think WWE is subtly trying to get people on Cena's side. The notes, the twitter talk, pausing to take sips of water, fumbling on his words after Cena came out, it's all part of the show. I'm still 100% behind Cena because in a way I do think it's a worked shoot, and it's Dwayne's job to prove me wrong. Dwayne talked bullshit for 15 minutes as chappers said and then Cena takes a minute to own him and still gets a penis joke in. Regardless of who you're rooting for this feud is awesome.

Loved the triple threat tag team match, hopefully there's more of this kind of stuff to come.

Miz vs. Cena was a clear burial of Miz, but it wasn't a terrible match.

Eve was smoking hot this week, so I didn't really hear a word she said.

Punk/Jericho promo was kinda the same stuff like eveyrone said but I still enjoyed it, as I did the Bryan/Punk match and the interaction between the GMs, etc.

Offline Majin HoHo

• Life is a Team Sport
« Reply #7 on: 28 February 2012, 10:30:25 PM »
When I first saw Eve, I said to my brother Eve who, time filler.The fans didn't really care about her being in there, besides looking at her assets, so whatever game plan WWE had for her squash it.Maybe Cena can turn this into Rocky your soft, killing every week, and Rock embracing the hate himself and killing Cena on the mic like we saw in his great days in WWE.

Offline chappers

• Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
« Reply #8 on: 29 February 2012, 01:55:29 AM »
I'm surprised how many people are complaining about the Jericho/Punk exchange to start the show, I was completely hooked on everything the two had to say, great exchange in my opinion. Yeah they might be going into this whole "best in the world" phrase a bit too much, but look how much they managed to extract from that to create such a heated exchange. Great start.

Bryan and Punk seemed alright, I enjoyed it but I hope this is the last time they are using these two to plug the Long/Laurinaitis feud. This time could be used for both guys to build their mania matches and I feel its a wasted opportunity, even if I enjoy their matches. As for Bryan and Sheamus's lack of build so far, I would bank on Orton being thrown into that match, I think it needs it, not only to kick start the feud but also to give it that familiar face that most people will know.

Like others, I really enjoyed the tag match. Primo and Epico picking up the win was unpredictable, which I liked, every guy in that ring can work a match and it showed. Kane coming out and squashing everyone might not be liked by some, but I think it gives him something for mania and also keeps him looking strong and relevant. I would be pretty sure that he'll go it alone against those three teams at Mania looking like the hot favourite to win the titles only for Ryder to interfere and cost him.

Cena vs Miz was standard, typical Miz promo before the match with moments of brilliance and other moments where he churned out the same stuff. Don't really care if he doesn't make Mania but I expect he will in some form.

Quite liked Eve's promo, whether she's good or not in the ring she's one of the better divas on the mic, and she's fit as well.

Found the start of the Rhodes tag match funny with his mic work and that tag on Henry at the start followed by that sly laugh. Match itself was pretty bland, I kind of wish they made Sheamus look dominating rather then rushing for a victory. Oh well. They've definitely gone off the boil with Sheamus on this episode, but they aren't really doing much to build him in the first placde in terms of storyline.

The Rock's promo was possibly the most cringey, attention seeking, lame promo I have seen on WWE TV, talk about being a stuck up self obsessed pompous arse. You'd think he'd be attending the Oscars with that attitude. I don't think its a secret that WWE give him control over what he has to say on his promo's, the guy is supposedly the greatest to ever hold the microphone. But quite frankly, I think he went out there with no game plan at all, and it showed. All he could do is say these really lame childish insults, talk about himself and it all just dragged on and on. As soon as Cena went out there and held the microphone, he completely dominated The Rock. The Rock looked like a bumbling idiot (I don't even think Hugh Grant could reach those heights if he tried) and he looked genuinely intimidated by Cena, he looked like a complete idiot. I don't see how that could be in the script at all quite frankly, I wouldn't even question that. I think he went out there with his over inflated ego and expected so much love and praise, like he has before, that anything bad said about him was out of the question, and it bit him in the arse. Cena completely caught him off guard and made him look like an idiot. I very much doubt that was some ploy that the WWE pulled, after last week as well? Last week showed that Cena can be natural on the mic, last week won Cena support. I doubt The Rock would agree to go out there and look like a fool when he even said himself, he isn't going to be back full time, after Mania he is going back to his movie career. Whether we like it or not, he is probably the most successful WWE product outside of the WWE; I don't think the WWE would want to tarnish that just to get Cena a few pops. If this was the case as well, why would they start now?

Also Adam, I think the show was missing a Taker/HHH exchange, granted they had the video package but that is never better then a live exchange.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #9 on: 29 February 2012, 04:17:23 AM »
As much as I agree with the things Cena is saying, this is a WWE Wrestlemania main event. They're not shooting, most of what they're doing is a work even if a lot of what Cena is saying is probably based in reality. On top of that Dwayne is an actor. He definitely wasn't legitimately flustered. They're dropping simple hints to arouse discussion and it's working greatly. Chappers like you said they wouldn't tarnish him like that, so it obviously can't be Cena going out there and purposely destroying him. It's fake, but it's great.

As for Cena going over The Miz, I think Cena has to go on a big win streak heading into Mania. A big talking point for him is how he's there every night. He has to show that in the ring while Dwayne talks, so he has to beat some legit opponents on the RAWs heading into the show (while Dwayne could have a prep match against Miz or something). So expect him to do to a few other heels what he did to Miz.