Author Topic: *OFFICIAL* Raw Discussion Thread: Feb 20th 2012  (Read 2578 times)

Offline Majin HoHo

• Life is a Team Sport
*OFFICIAL* Raw Discussion Thread: Feb 20th 2012
« on: 20 February 2012, 04:26:06 PM »

Monday Night Raw - 20th February 2012

No Ambulance for John Cena
After months of torment, at the Elimination Chamber pay-per-view, John Cena finally overcame Kane in a brutal Ambulance match. Steel steps, chairs and the Spanish announce table were all used in this brawl based on hatred, but ultimately it was Cena who had the final say as he delivered an Attitude Adjustment off the top of the Ambulance to defeat the Big Red Machine. What’s next for John Cena? Has his feud with Kane finally ended? This week on Raw will be an interesting one for Cena: will he begin to concentrate solely on his Wrestlemania opponent, or will he try and repair his seemingly broken friendship with Zack Ryder? Find out all this and more on WWE Raw Supershow …

Also on Raw
We’re on the road to Wrestlemania and it appears as though CM Punk and Daniel Bryan will be entering Wrestlemania as world champions. With Sheamus deciding last night that he would face Daniel Bryan at Wrestlemania, that leaves an open spot for someone to compete for CM Punk’s WWE Championship. Will one of CM Punk’s Elimination Chamber opponents step up, or will a new challenger emerge? Also at Elimination Chamber, we saw the returns of Alberto Del Rio and Christian - will we see them this week on Raw? Expect to see an update on the condition of Zack Ryder too, as things begin to shape up leading into Wrestlemania 28. And most importantly, Undertaker will be on Raw to say a few words to Triple H - the man he hopes to wrestle at Wrestlemania 28. After Triple H categorically rejected the offer to face Undertaker at Wrestlemania, it has been confirmed that Undertaker will confront Triple H at some point on Raw.

Taker is suppose to show up, bald Taker wooo see what he looks like now, after cutting up that weave.lol.I wanna see how Raw and Smackdown make their push with their contenders, especially with that horrible ending to the Raw Chamber, and the Santino chaos, while Sheamus getting barely a reaction after attacking Bryan.I wanna see if Shawn shows up again, maybe to bait Triple H more to face Taker, but I doubt it.

Offline chappers

• Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
Re: *Official* Raw Discussion Thread:Feb 20th...
« Reply #1 on: 20 February 2012, 07:46:39 PM »
No offence, but last nights crowd at Elimination Chamber were fucking shit. Jericho got no reaction yet he's probably going to be in the main event against Punk, so I don't have any concerns over Sheamus's position based on last nights crowd, who seemed to be about as charismatic as Eric Escobar; especially since most audiences have been hot for him for a good few weeks now. As for RAW tonight, should be a good show, post PPV shows are normally good, add in Mania as the next PPV and hopefully some new feuds will start (particularly on Smackdown,which needed a shake up).

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
« Reply #2 on: 20 February 2012, 07:56:49 PM »
I fucking love your sig, Johnny Ace makes me laugh so much.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #3 on: 20 February 2012, 08:12:38 PM »
The Otunga bomb one is even better.

I'm looking forward to raw but im not getting my hopes up on any new feuds. I'm interested in seeing if they are still gonna go with MITB or just have seom big team match at mania with Jonnys team vs Teddys team.

Hopefully SD Does get something going there. there is no reason to watch Jinder Mahall vs Zeke Jackson again. and Ted just needs to beat Hunico and move on up and Hunico needs to hang out on NXT or superstars. and for the love of god get Primo & Epico some competition. hell havae carlito and his dad come back and face those 2 or something like that.lol.

Offline Leonardo Lunchbox

• Baby, I'm an Anarchist
  • FUCK YOU GET PUMPED
  • Favourite Promotion(s): Pro Wrestling Guerrilla
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Alex Shelley
Re: *OFFICIAL* Raw Discussion Thread: Feb 20th 2012
« Reply #4 on: 21 February 2012, 12:44:27 AM »
I hoping for Chris Brown vs CM Punk.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #5 on: 21 February 2012, 05:08:20 AM »
Update: Cody Rhodes, Ron Killings, Dolph Ziggler, Wade Barrett and Kofi Kingston were all injured in some form in the Battle Royal and are getting medical attention at this moment.

The only further information we got is that Kingston appeared shaken up but not seriously injured and Barrett's left arm is in a splint. Rhodes hurt both his elbow and his right leg but not sure the severity of either injury at this point. ===

Via F4W/WON.

Wade Barrett suffered a serious arm injury catching Dolph Ziggler who was thrown over the top rope by Big Show during the main event Battle Royal on Raw.

You could see Barrett holding his right arm and furious immediately knowing he suffered a serious injury. An "X" was signaled and doctors rushed to the scene as the match went on. Making it worse, is that when Santino Marella was thrown over the top, he landed on Barrett's possibly broken arm. Ziggler was also hurt when his shoulder and arm crashed on the table and R-Truth needed help going to the back.

Kofi Kington was probably not hurt but when he was thrown out he had to change his trajectory to avoid Vickie Guerrero and had an ugly crash into the boards.

Cody Rhodes, who came into the match hurt from last night with a right thigh or hamstring injury, was limping badly and was hurt worse when he did a Disaster kick and the leg gave out. However he got up and had several more spots to do including play a hand in helping eliminate Show which allowed Jericho to win the match.

Gotta wonder if some of it is a work, but that would be pretty crazy if true. While none of them are main eventers, imagine losing 4 stars this close to wrestlemania?

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #6 on: 21 February 2012, 05:21:56 AM »
Well actually it would probably help the creative team out so they don't have to throw these guys in some random match.

I'm thinking Wade is the only one seriously hurt. i heard dolph was in the dark match main event and i didn't even think Cody or Kofi were hurt but Cody finished his angle with show so i think he;ll be alright.

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
« Reply #7 on: 21 February 2012, 11:31:20 AM »
That Big Show, always throwing his weight about  :ace

The show was actually good anyway. I thought Cena's promo about The Rock was dynamite and I am completely rooting for Cena come Wrestlemania. All his points about The Rock are valid and what is more they aren't kayfabe.

David Otunga made me laugh again and its good to see him get a decent and legit win. That pose he did after the match was brilliant. I love him and Johnny Ace, the coffee sipping corporate jerks.

Triple H/Taker stuff was good but the crowd fucking annoyed me by shouting stuff like YOU SUCK at the Undertaker, there are guys you just don't shout that at and Undertaker is one of them. Considering I was so against the idea of those two fighting again I have to say the idea is growing on me.

Kofi and Truth fighting the tag champs was good, nice to see the tag division getting a bit more exposure.

The actual battle royal was good, shame about Barrett though who seems to be genuinely injured. I hope it is nothing too serious and also hope Ziggler, Truth, Kingston and Rhodes are going to be ok as well.
Jericho and Punk we all expected but it will be good and hopefully now we know its official we can get some good promo's going.

Offline Majin HoHo

• Life is a Team Sport
« Reply #8 on: 21 February 2012, 02:40:31 PM »
My thoughts on the show this week, Eve is a hoeski, more than a ho-ski, WWE even uses PG insult words, good lord.I said my Brother and Father, she can't wrestle,  so they are doing anything for her to get interest from the Fans.I think Eve killed her career, but she seems Mickie James stalker-ish now, which will be ok for now, but she won't back it up in the Ring consistenly.The Undertaker promo on Triple H was a perfect spot to kill that days of our lives epic scene, as I was really looking forward to possibly seeing the buzz cut Taker.Kofi/Truth vs Primo/Epico was ok, match could of been longer, but I expect them to have great matches with these four men involved.Otunga beating Admed Johnson I mean big Zeke, was good for him, to show WWE he is here to make a statement and not just take funny pictures.The actually Taker vs Triple H seemed the same as last year, Taker saying he can't defeat him and he's afraid of him.Doe that was you chanting you suck, funny as hell.I told my brother, hey Anthony Taker and Triple H will face each other in a wheel chair, when they are 80 years old.Taker will go for a chokeslam, and his arm will fall off.As for Triple H he will try to go for a suck it chop, and he breaks his hip,lol.I told you guys if Taker vs Triple H 3 would happen, it would be a HELL IN  A CELL.Damn that match is going to be great, fire, tacks, both men going through the Cell.I have a feeling how that will end.Triple H and Taker go through the Cell, both men down on their back, and by mistaker Triple H has a Arm on the chest of Taker...one..two..three..Rip Taker.

Ok that Cena promo, interesting since I know it sounds like last year's promo he did on the Rock.Wait till next week Cena, your gotta get burned..Main Event Battle Royal, damn you Santino...SANTINO!!!  That win by Jericho was lackluster as plus, thank God the story of these two will be bad ass! I saw Barrett cuss and I knew and said damn his arm is broken! Sad to hear that news, since he was rising in WWE and Smackdown.DId anyone see Jericho break character a little bit, leaving the Ring and asking the Ref on the outside, what happened to Wade.Also WHY THE FUCK DID THEY WAIT TO HELP WADE! Overall the show was 8 out of 10...

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #9 on: 21 February 2012, 03:17:36 PM »
Great show tbh. There were loads of things to mark out for. Cena slamming Eve at the beginning was amazing. Obviously it was only meant to get Cena over but it was amazing. The second Cena promo was even better, exactly what I've been thinking all along.

Taker/Trips promo went longer than it should, but it was pretty good and I marked for HIAC. Wonder how they're going to set it up since the stadium in Miami is open roof. BTW what was up with the crowd being so disrespectful to Taker? What chants? #AreYouSeriousBro?

I mark for Battle Royales, and this one was great even though there were a lot of injuries. Santino looked great again, and obviously Jericho was the right person to win.

I like Kofi and Truth teaming together too.

One of the better raws in a while. Bout time they stepped up their game.

Offline Majin HoHo

• Life is a Team Sport
« Reply #10 on: 21 February 2012, 03:29:55 PM »
You know theirs a jealousy going with Cena and Rock when it comes to his success.The Rock does a movie, top three in sales, Cena does a movie, it bombs.He's attacking the Rock for the same shit he does, yes he leaves to to the movie a less amount of time, but if he was hitting up the box offices, he will just the same as the Rock, so that statement that Cena saying I stayed, and when the match is over, he's leaving for good, I'm staying till the end.Try to the end Cena, you won't gain anymore fans than you already have.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #11 on: 21 February 2012, 03:41:45 PM »
You know theirs a jealousy going with Cena and Rock when it comes to his success.The Rock does a movie, top three in sales, Cena does a movie, it bombs.He's attacking the Rock for the same shit he does, yes he leaves to to the movie a less amount of time, but if he was hitting up the box offices, he will just the same as the Rock, so that statement that Cena saying I stayed, and when the match is over, he's leaving for good, I'm staying till the end.Try to the end Cena, you won't gain anymore fans than you already have.

You must be smoking the good stuff today.

Offline Majin HoHo

• Life is a Team Sport
« Reply #12 on: 21 February 2012, 04:06:29 PM »
I beg the differ since I'm probably the only member here who doesn't do drugs or drink alcohol :ace You know it to be true, Cena did do a better promo than I'm used to seeing, but c'mon that agruement Cena is giving is weak at this point..

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #13 on: 21 February 2012, 05:19:36 PM »
First of all, while I'm sure he was half-shooting, wrestling isn't real and I'm sure him and Dwayne aren't near blows backstage. Secondly, every point Cena made was justified. Ya, Cena does movies too but it doesn't matter whether or not they're box office hits. The dude does WWE released films. If he wanted to I'm sure he could get roles out of Hollywood, but he doesn't. And he generally doesn't leave for more than a couple of weeks if he's filming. I doubt he'll ever leave WWE until he retires. Meanwhile, the Rock comes back only because he's lost the WWE fan demographic and he wants it back. All he does is come out, call Cena gay and then leave to plug and film movies. But sure, let's all cheer for that because Cena Sucks, right? Please, I'm so sick of this Cena hate.

Offline Majin HoHo

• Life is a Team Sport
« Reply #14 on: 21 February 2012, 05:25:10 PM »
I'm pretty sure the people who hate Cena, hate Cena the character, outside the Ring he respects the business, and is a great guy, with charity and all.Cena is going after Rock outside the Ring, doing movies and such, which is fishing at best to get a reaction.