Author Topic: Maryse's Attire Could Get WWE In Trouble  (Read 464 times)

Offline Fluttershy

• My Secret Combination
  • My Little Pony, My Little Pony
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Bella Twins, Beth Phoenix, Gail Kim, KHARMA, Maryse, Vickie Guerrero, AJ, Layla, Natalya, Rosa Mendes, Tara, Winter, Cherry, Ivory, Jazz, Jillian Hall, Lena Yada, Lita, Melina, Molly Holly, Nidia, Sable, Stephanie McMahon, Stacy Keibler, Torrie Wilson,
Maryse's Attire Could Get WWE In Trouble
« on: 6 July 2008, 10:15:54 AM »

Rumour has it Wind Up records (the record company of Evanescence, Seether and many others) are contemplating sueing WWE after WWE diva Maryse was seen on TV sporting a pair of wrestling trunks with her name written on the back. However the font used was a font created for the rock band Evanescence and was used on their debut album Fallen. Wind Up are apparently angry because they were not asked or paid to have the rights to use a copy righted font.

Credit: Wind Up Records Forum
[/I][/COLOR]

You can copyright text? Hope Mayrse doesn't get in trouble over shitty copy right laws.

Offline J2M

• Ballin'
« Reply #1 on: 6 July 2008, 11:57:05 AM »
This is pretty outrageous tbh. Who gives a **** really?

Maryse should get through this without any troubles I hope.

Maryse \'fucking\' Quellet

Offline The Franchise

• The One True Breed.
« Reply #2 on: 6 July 2008, 12:03:12 PM »
Quote from: Booty luv;4929
You can copyright text? Hope Mayrse doesn't get in trouble over shitty copy right laws.

Yes as stupid as it sounds. That style of font or "effect" is the work of someone and going by the book, WWE should have either asked the copyright owners for prior permission or paid a fee to use their work. Again though, it's completely stupid.

Offline Mini Kong

• Ari Gold is GOD!!
« Reply #3 on: 6 July 2008, 06:20:55 PM »
F*ckin retarded.

I hope Maryse doesn't get introuble for this. Hell I didn't even know that font could be copyrighted.
"This is my welcome!"
Shame on TNA for letting go one of the best female wrestlers in the world.

Offline Cannon

• Your mom's boyfriend.
« Reply #4 on: 6 July 2008, 06:22:28 PM »
WWE can toss them a million and thats that. That is chump change to WWE and it may be alittle costly but if Vince can give out three million dollars then this is nothing

TAG TEAM EXCELLENCE!

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
« Reply #5 on: 6 July 2008, 08:57:46 PM »
Quote from: Skittles;4994
F*ckin retarded.

I hope Maryse doesn't get introuble for this. Hell I didn't even know that font could be copyrighted.

Oi you used my font on this post, your getting sued.

All joking aside that is ridiculous, nobody would ever notice this and surely it would promote the record company if anything.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #6 on: 6 July 2008, 11:56:40 PM »
Well just for the record WWE would do the same if someone used their copyrighted material, even if it was petty. Hell, look what the World Wildlife Fund's done. it's stupid but it's well within their rights it seems. If i was WWE though I'd attempt to fight it and try to prove that  it wasn't the exact same font.

The fact that it's a font makes it retarded.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline WWEFANbOy

« Reply #7 on: 7 July 2008, 01:18:29 AM »
who really cares, its text, why does it matter, if someone copyrighted text on the comp., would we get sued if we used it? yes, but that is stupid, just get over it

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #8 on: 8 July 2008, 12:41:01 AM »
This is really retarded. people whining and bi*ching over someone using text on there trunks. they obviously just want money because they probably just want to blow allof theres or something.