Author Topic: *OFFICIAL* Raw Discussion Thread: 6th February 2012  (Read 647 times)

Offline Fluttershy

• My Secret Combination
  • My Little Pony, My Little Pony
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Bella Twins, Beth Phoenix, Gail Kim, KHARMA, Maryse, Vickie Guerrero, AJ, Layla, Natalya, Rosa Mendes, Tara, Winter, Cherry, Ivory, Jazz, Jillian Hall, Lena Yada, Lita, Melina, Molly Holly, Nidia, Sable, Stephanie McMahon, Stacy Keibler, Torrie Wilson,
*OFFICIAL* Raw Discussion Thread: 6th February 2012
« on: 6 February 2012, 07:37:08 PM »
Monday Night Raw - 6th February 2012

The Deadman Returns
Last week, the Chief Operating Officer of WWE, Triple H, announced that he was ready to return to Raw at any time he wanted and was seemingly about to wish John Laurinaitis all the best in his future endeavours. However, Triple H was interrupted by the Undertaker, who hadn't been seen since Wrestlemania XXVII, when he defeated the Game to go 19-0 at Wrestlemania. The scene was reminiscent of last year when Triple H interrupted the Undertaker to challenge him, however this time the roles were reversed and Triple H seemed to reject the challenge. Will HHH explain his actions, or could we see the Undertaker on Raw again? And what does this all mean for the Interim Raw General Manager, John Laurinaitis?

Also On Raw
It was announced last week that CM Punk would defend his WWE Title at the Elimination Chamber against Chris Jericho, R-Truth, The Miz, Kofi Kingston and Dolph Ziggler. During a Champion vs Champion match against Daniel Bryan last week, one of his opponents, Chris Jericho, attacked CM Punk and hit him with the Codebreaker. Was this simply a sign of friendly rivalry for the title, or was there deeper motives for Jericho? Also last week, John Cena showed an aggresive side that the audience hasn't seen in a long time as he drove Kane away. What's next in the heated feud between these two? Find out all this and more on this week's Raw Supershow.

Offline chappers

• Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
Re: *OFFICIAL* Raw Discussion Thread: 6th Febuary 2012
« Reply #1 on: 6 February 2012, 09:09:27 PM »
Interested to know what happens with John Laurinaitis, hopefully he'll remain GM despite everyone on Smackdown saying he was fired.

Offline Majin HoHo

• Life is a Team Sport
Re: *OFFICIAL* Raw Discussion Thread: 6th February 2012
« Reply #2 on: 6 February 2012, 11:26:47 PM »
Taker vs Triple H 3 possiblity, has to be something big for that match.Fire that idiot Ace, it's like a Fly that won't go away, I mean really fire him, he's doesn't deserve the spot he has.The spot he had Jim Ross had years ago, JR signed great talent, Ace no..no..no..Animal time to pick up your brother at the Principal's office.Hoping for Punk to do something big tonight either on the mic or in a match..

Offline chappers

• Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
« Reply #3 on: 6 February 2012, 11:36:03 PM »
Are you kidding? John Laurinaitis has been the best GM for a long time, he has to stay as far as I'm concerned. This feud with Punk is awesome and I love his cowardly ass kissing character, I would be pissed if he went tbh, even more pissed if HHH took his role.

Offline Majin HoHo

• Life is a Team Sport
« Reply #4 on: 7 February 2012, 12:04:42 AM »
Triple H has a bad guy again, at least he could say WWE Universe correctly..

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #5 on: 7 February 2012, 12:17:58 AM »
Johnny ace is just so bad he's good. i hope he stays around but with his job still in jeopardy where he's still trying to kiss ass.

I don't think this will be a good raw though, we will get a lot of Cena and Kane stuff which i don't like because the only other build they have is the chamber match for the WWE title.

Chamber build: could be pretty good.
Kane vs Cena; meh
Triple H/Taker/Ace stuff: could be good
Divas; meh
Clay Squash; meh

Thats about it. Maybe Swagger will get a amtch and a feud for his US title but it seems like they are already not using him ina good way he wasn't on Raw last week he lost to truth on superstars. Great way to start out your US title run.

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
« Reply #6 on: 7 February 2012, 10:02:02 AM »
Triple H promo at the beginning was actually better than I had expected and I enjoyed the montage video of the Undertaker.
Bryan/Show stuff just continued what has been done. Otunga's shot promo was hilarious. The tag match was good for what it was and I enjoyed the Orton/Khali stuff. I didn't really enjoy the main event though, you have all those talented guys but for me the match didn't flow and nobody looked strong or like a threat. Perhaps the match is overkill as the guys in it are all very similar sized guys whereas the SD chamber has guys ranging from Bryan's size to the size of the Great Khali.

Kane didn't appear until the end and when he did he just seemed like some weird rapist, seemed rushed as well and pointed attention to the fact that other than a video we didn't get any Cena and despite what people say about him a Raw without Cena is actually pretty dull :-\

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #7 on: 7 February 2012, 02:01:51 PM »
Wait there was actually a show? I thought this was just a bunch of video packages mixed with the Raw Rebound.

This was probably one of the worst raws in a long time, didn't really enjoy any of it to be honest. but its what i expected. though i was a bit let down by the main event i agree it didn't flow well and felt rushed.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #8 on: 7 February 2012, 04:10:33 PM »
Loved the Triple H promo and Taker tease at the beginning, thought that was well done and I love the rationale (will talk more about that in the WM thread).

Tag match was short and I don't know why Cody had to job again, but I guess it's good to turn Khali heel? Meh.

Six Pack was decent but I wasn't feeling it between these guys. Felt like it could have been better.

Missed a lot of RAW in bits and pieces, but is it just me or was Cena just not on this show? I just caught the bit with Kane at the end which was just random.

Overall I liked the actual build of everything but Adam's right, too much pre-taped shit. This is a live show, act like it.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #9 on: 7 February 2012, 05:36:48 PM »
During the Six-Pack Challenge main event on last night’s WWE RAW SuperShow, a spot between R-Truth and The Miz was botched, leaving R-Truth being assisted to the back and forced out of the match early. The moment occurred when R-Truth attempted an over-the-top-rope somersault plancha onto The Miz but he failed to stop his fall being broken. R-Truth landed on his back onto the matted floor, causing his head to whip and it looked like he was seriously injured.

During the commercial break, R-Truth was led backstage and when the show returned the announce team informed that the medical staff said he was unable to continue competing.

Following last night’s Raw, Joey Styles got on Twitter and said R-Truth was fine and thankfully did not suffer any injuries.

He wrote, “Breaking News! Somehow, @RonKillings is OK and has no injuries after flipping over the top rope, missing @MikeTheMiz and hitting the floor.”

This follows last night when former WWE superstars Lance Storm and Gregory Helms both got on to Twitter and said the injury could be serious and that The Miz bottled out of catching him;

“Wow @mikethemiz Way to puss out on catching Truth on that dive. Geez,” wrote Helms.

“It was a missed catch, while bad does not mean the guy is a dangerous worker, just shitty catcher.” wrote Storm. “That said Truth over rotated his dive which was why he landed on ass and whiplashed and banged head”

As of right now, R-Truth is not expected to miss much, if any ringtime. He is still set to compete in the Raw Elimination Chamber Match at the February WWE Elimination Chamber pay-per-view from February 19th. He is one of the superstars in the RAW main event for the WWE Title along with CM Punk, Dolph Ziggler, Chris Jericho, The Miz and Kofi Kingston.

Glad to hear he's okay, could have been pretty messed up.

Offline chappers

« Reply #10 on: 8 February 2012, 12:20:38 AM »
Triple H has a bad guy again, at least he could say WWE Universe correctly..

Maybe ten years ago that would have been good... Whilst he still has the ability to cut a good promo, he decides to mostly use those times for his little stand up comedy act and cut these really lame perverted kids jokes. When he had the reigns about four months ago he put his snout into everything, ruined what could have potentially been the feud of the year, and was pretty much at the helm during that awful storyline with the conspiracy or whatever.

The best thing Triple H could do is take a break from the business for two or three years and realise that people don't want to see him as the star of the show anymore. If he returned in a somewhat smaller role I would admire him a lot more.

Anyway onto RAW. Highlights were the Punk and Jericho promo, golden promo right there. Bryan's promo was awesome as well. Kind of feel that was it really, didn't mind the promo/video package at the start of the show. David Otunga's prayer was hilarious, I kind of wish they let him continue kneeling there just to wind the audience up a bit. Justin Robert's cockup on the mic was funny as well. Wanted to see more Johnny ace but didn't mind it, next week will be good for that.

I don't like the way Dolph had a two-three month build towards Punk's title match and has now become completely irrelevant. That whole stable got a lot of airtime and now Swagger can't even get on the show, despite being US Champion and Ziggler is just getting jobbed out.

No Cena kind of made things feel a bit incomplete, they talk about his match with The Rock being the biggest match in the history of the company yet they hardly seem to build it outside of their little twitter war; blame that on The Rock a lot more though. Speaking of The Rock, that interview on Jay Leno looked really cringey.

Cody Rhodes getting jobbed out didn't work for me, but I won't get too worked up about it seeing as he's had a pretty good year. If he continues to lose he could easily lose the momentum he has built in the past year and remain a mid carder much like Ziggler.

That Kane promo felt out of place at the end of the show, kind of feel that his feud with Cena has fizzled out and they are just going to drag it out until the Chamber match.

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: 8 February 2012, 01:24:07 AM »
David Otunga's prayer was hilarious, I kind of wish they let him continue kneeling there just to wind the audience up a bit.
I thought that looked a lot like The Undertaker's bow, so when Justin Roberts announced Otunga was going to compete then and there, I was expecting The Undertaker to be the opponent and squash him.
Quote from: CM Punk
Please, if you say ‘Because it’s your destiny’, I swear to jeebus I’m going to start drinking.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
« Reply #12 on: 8 February 2012, 05:11:16 AM »
I was expecting clay. he pretty much just did the tebow i didn't really find it funny or anything just a cheap way to get heat.

A lot of botches in the show, seemed like everyone was just a bit off their game.

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
« Reply #13 on: 8 February 2012, 08:53:59 AM »
Maybe they were all hungover lol.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #14 on: 8 February 2012, 03:33:43 PM »
Wait, the Funkasaurus wasn't on the show either? That's 2 shows in a row now.

As for Triple H, I don't think people are sick of seeing him, he gets some of the best pops when he's around. Even when he was GM, up to the moment where he was fired and the walkout the crowd was going nuts for him. I think he realized himself he was around too much and that's why he took himself out, but what he's been doing these last two weeks has been perfect. People do want to see him, and I think he can still put on a good match, but the thing is, Undertaker can't. That's where the problem lies, not with Triple H.