Author Topic: Smackdown spoilers 1-31-12  (Read 905 times)

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
Smackdown spoilers 1-31-12
« on: 1 February 2012, 05:02:15 AM »
Dark Match

The Uso Brothers defeated Tyler Reks and Curt Hawkins.

WWE Smackdown Results (Airing Friday)
Dark Match

The Uso Brothers defeated Tyler Reks and Curt Hawkins.

WWE Smackdown Results (Airing Friday)

* Lilian Garcia opens SmackDown and there are some National Guard troops at ringside.

* Teddy Long comes out and announces World Heavyweight Champion Daniel Bryan, Randy Orton, Mark Henry, Wade Barrett, Cody Rhodes and Big Show for the Eliminiation Chamber match.

* Mark Henry came out and isn't happy about getting his shot in the Chamber. Henry wants his World Title shot tonight. Teddy removes Henry from the Chamber match and ends up suspending him indefinitely. Henry gets pissed off but Sheamus lays him out with a Brogue Kick. Sheamus says he's not sure which title he will go for at WrestleMania 28 and is interrupted by Cody Rhodes. Cody vs. Sheamus is announced.

* Sheamus defeated Cody Rhodes.

* Hunico vs. Justin Gabriel never happens as Cody Rhodes jumps Gabriel on his way to the ring. Camacho and Hunico join in on the beatdown until The Great Khali makes the save.

* Backstage segment with Drew McIntyre begging Teddy Long to keep him on SmackDown. Santino Marella comes in and has a new tag team partner - Hacksaw Jim Duggan. You can imagine how this segment went. Their name is "Santinooooooo." Aksana came in for more comedy.

* Primo and Epico beat Santino Marella and Hacksaw Jim Duggan in a non-title match after some distractions from Rosa Mendes.

* Daniel Bryan came to the ring to cut a heel promo about being a role model and a vegan. Big Show comes out and says he just got finished eating a steak. They talk and Show chokeslams him. Show tried to continue the assault but AJ Lee came out and stopped him.

* Brodus Clay squashed Heath Slater. After the match, Drew McIntyre came out and attacked Clay. Clay ran through McIntyre and danced to celebrate.

* Beth Phoenix and Natalya beat Aksana and Tamina.

* The Great Khali is announced as Mark Henry's replacement in the Elimination Chamber.

* Josh Matthews interviews Randy Orton backstage.

* Randy Orton defeated Wade Barrett in what was called a good match that saw lots of action on the outside. They brought a table and chairs into play. Orton won with the RKO. After the match, Daniel Bryan came out and celebrated whatever he was celebrating. Teddy Long announced Bryan vs. Orton for next week.

Drew is Clays bitch again along with slater....great.

Primo & epico beat another thrown together team so that does nothing for them.

Cody and Hunico beat up Gabriel that really does nothing.

Orton vs Barret, Bryan/Show and Cody vs Sheamus should be okay. was thinking and hoping christian would be back on this show though.

Looks like another meh SD all and all though.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
Re: Smackdown spoilers 1-31-12
« Reply #1 on: 1 February 2012, 05:50:34 AM »
This show makes no sense again... hopefully the main event and opening matches will be worth it. Smackdown is desperate for talent, I don't understand why they haven't brought Christian back yet.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #2 on: 4 February 2012, 02:16:18 AM »
That's strike 2 on the fart jokes. Strike 3 and I'm going on a smackdown boycott for a month.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #3 on: 4 February 2012, 03:48:50 AM »
- An angle took place on Friday's SmackDown in which it was suggested that Natalya had accidentally farted during a backstage confrontation with Aksana and SmackDown General Manager Theodore Long. According to both F4WOnline.com and PWInsider.com, it was not a one time occurence as WWE will be continuing the foible going forward with more comedic vignettes.

- As noted before, Natalya's farting gimmick is scheduled to continue on SmackDown. Sources report that the angle is being done to get Natalya over, believe it or not, and provide entertainment.

Might as well start boycotting now. or just fast forward through those parts.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #4 on: 4 February 2012, 05:11:44 AM »
Sure, let me just get my time machine out of closet so I can fastforward broadcast TV as it airs :P

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 4 February 2012, 09:47:39 AM »
Or just join the rest of the world and DVR it :P It honestly makes the shows so much better especially skipping through divas and commercials and for all of TV for that matter for a few bucks more a month or at least that's how it i here.

Opening with Henry and Long was pretty good. i like Henry on the mic. but i still don't see why they just don't admit he's injured but i guess this storyline works too.

Cody Rhodes on the mic was awesome. Really liked how he said he can't understand Teddy long or sheamus most of the time because i feel the exact same way.

Rhodes vs Sheamus i didn't like. was expecting more but it was pretty much sheamus all the way then the end sheamus hitting finlays old finishing move which of course the announcers have "never seen before" i hate that.

Then Hunico came out rambling with some of the worst mic work ever. didn't make sense at all, Kahli cameout and kicked ass. bleh. bring back ranjin.

skipped the divas, skipped the tag team match. no interest at all.

The clay vs slater stuff didn't air for me, wondering if  it aired for anyone else?

Backstage segment with mcintyre and long did though, Teddy said the worst thing you can put on TV is predictable TV. and when drew wrestles its predictable because you knows he's gonna lose. i found that funny because most of the matches on SD are like that. or hell most WWE matches are.

Daniel Bryan stuff was all great, i just keep enjoying him more and more each time he goes out there.

Orton vs Wade was okay. was expecting a little better but it will do to end off a feud i didn't like much anyways.

Overall a shitty SD with good mic work from Bryan and Rhodes being the only parts worth watching really.

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
« Reply #6 on: 4 February 2012, 12:11:04 PM »
I agree with Adam that Bryan and Rhodes were the best parts. Bryan as a heel rocks, what I love is that he doesn't insult the crowd, he seems oblivious to the fact he is booed and isn't really a bad guy as such. He is just weird, and it works. Honestly would love to see him get a lengthy title reign out of this, definitely want him to retain at Elimination Chamber and certainly want to see him pull out a surprise win and retain to Sheamus at WM. The guy seemed fairly generic when he arrived in the WWE and didn't seem like he would live up to the hype of him being a legend in the indies, then as we see more and more of him his talent becomes more apparent. The fact is he rocks in the ring and just like John Laurinaitis he has charisma through having a lack of charisma.

Rhodes on the other hand has been the best IC champion in ages. Some people argue that he seems to be above the belt but I disagree because back in the day the IC title was the platform for moving on to the main event. Recently this isn't the case but looking back to guys like Chris Jericho it prepared them to enter that main event and I think this is what Rhodes is doing. I just hope once he loses the belt it can still be held with class.

Offline chappers

• Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
« Reply #7 on: 5 February 2012, 11:50:02 PM »
That line Teddy Long cut backstage during his promo with Drew was so dumb, rich coming from the most predictable guy on TV. I didn't see the Drew/Clay/Slater stuff either, don't really care though as it seemed a mess.

Daniel Bryan, Orton/Barrett and Rhodes seemed to provide the only entertainment on this show, everything else was garbage.

EDIT: I forgot to say that Cole and Bryan's interaction was hilarious, I really hope those two team up and it looks like it could go that way, I'm pretty sure Adam mentioned it on here before?

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: 6 February 2012, 12:24:11 AM »
When it came to those 2 guys interacting i was annoyed the bryan didn't shake coles hand. i think they need to be on the same side and cole needs to back him now if not its confusing for some fans not knowing if bryans a heel or not.

Offline chappers

• Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
« Reply #9 on: 6 February 2012, 02:02:54 AM »
I don't mind that he didn't accept Cole's handshake, over time i want it to change, but i liked how Cole sucked up to him pretty much and Bryan completely blanked him as if to say "who is this guy". Definitely the best part aside from Bryan's promo after.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #10 on: 6 February 2012, 06:02:38 PM »
Or just join the rest of the world and DVR it :P It honestly makes the shows so much better especially skipping through divas and commercials and for all of TV for that matter for a few bucks more a month or at least that's how it i here.

I have to get the DVR that's specific to my cable provider and it's like 500 bucks. I should have gotten it when I went HD but it's not worth it now and I'll only watch SD when I'm at home on Friday night anyway. If I'm at home I'm going to watch it live. Kind of ridiculous to not watch it while it's airing just to be able to skip through commercials afterwards.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
« Reply #11 on: 6 February 2012, 11:51:50 PM »
Yeah thats another reason to get one, Most the time you're busy on friday nights so you can just DVR it and watch it later.  but for 500 bucks? fuck thats steep, totally not worth it.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #12 on: 7 February 2012, 04:13:12 PM »
Yeah thats another reason to get one, Most the time you're busy on friday nights so you can just DVR it and watch it later.  but for 500 bucks? fuck thats steep, totally not worth it.

I just watch what I miss online. But I can't watch wrestling after it's aired. I'm weird like that.