Author Topic: Pay-Per-View Threads  (Read 1783 times)

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
Pay-Per-View Threads
« on: 31 January 2012, 03:37:10 PM »
I was thinking about how we always have one thread for each PPV, would you guys be against this if we did a thread per big match, and then a general discussion thread for the rest? Sometimes it's hard to follow discussions if we're doing it for a bunch of matches together so it could create more discussion if we focused it. We could try it out for wrestlemania, creating a thread for each big match as it's announced, and keep the rest of the discussion in the thread we already have.

Thoughts?

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline chappers

• Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
Re: Pay-Per-View Threads
« Reply #1 on: 31 January 2012, 05:15:51 PM »
Yeah sounds good to me it will help me reminisce on the matches as well.

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: 31 January 2012, 05:41:22 PM »
It sounds like a good idea to me, especially for WrestleMania and because it already seemed like it may go that way with the WrestleMania XXVIII: The Rock vs. John Cena thread.
Quote from: CM Punk
Please, if you say ‘Because it’s your destiny’, I swear to jeebus I’m going to start drinking.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #3 on: 31 January 2012, 05:55:31 PM »
Ya, but I think I'm going to make that one the general discussion thread, seeing as that's what people have been doing in there, and create a new one for Rock vs. Cena.

Offline Fluttershy

• My Secret Combination
  • My Little Pony, My Little Pony
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Bella Twins, Beth Phoenix, Gail Kim, KHARMA, Maryse, Vickie Guerrero, AJ, Layla, Natalya, Rosa Mendes, Tara, Winter, Cherry, Ivory, Jazz, Jillian Hall, Lena Yada, Lita, Melina, Molly Holly, Nidia, Sable, Stephanie McMahon, Stacy Keibler, Torrie Wilson,
« Reply #4 on: 31 January 2012, 06:07:35 PM »
The only down side for me is that with both TNA and WWE their might just be too many threads.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #5 on: 31 January 2012, 06:45:58 PM »
I don't think TNA warrants splitting the discussion. I envision for WWE PPVs, the bigs one like Mania will have most of the matches listed in separate threads, but for bigger ones we'll only do 1-2 of the main events.

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: 31 January 2012, 07:42:28 PM »
I don't think TNA warrants splitting the discussion. I envision for WWE PPVs, the bigs one like Mania will have most of the matches listed in separate threads, but for bigger ones we'll only do 1-2 of the main events.
Exactly my thoughts too. :)
Please, if you say ‘Because it’s your destiny’, I swear to jeebus I’m going to start drinking.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #7 on: 1 February 2012, 12:01:18 AM »
Great idea it will likely get more discussion going on about all of it and honestly i wouldn't mind all the PPV matches having its own thread.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #8 on: 1 February 2012, 02:50:30 AM »
Should we try with Elimination Chamber then?

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #9 on: 1 February 2012, 03:14:11 AM »
I say yes before we the thread really takes off and get's a lot of post.

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: 1 February 2012, 07:47:19 AM »
Ya, but I think I'm going to make that one the general discussion thread, seeing as that's what people have been doing in there, and create a new one for Rock vs. Cena.
Wouldn't it make sense to split out the Rock vs. Cena posts from the now general WrestleMania XXVIII thread and merge it into the new Rock vs. Cena one (or alternatively change it around - rename the general one back to Rock vs. Cena and rename the from-scratch Rock vs. Cena thread to the general thread and split the non Rock vs. Cena posts from the current general one) instead of starting it completely from scratch?

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #11 on: 1 February 2012, 03:38:22 PM »
Wouldn't it make sense to split out the Rock vs. Cena posts from the now general WrestleMania XXVIII thread and merge it into the new Rock vs. Cena one (or alternatively change it around - rename the general one back to Rock vs. Cena and rename the from-scratch Rock vs. Cena thread to the general thread and split the non Rock vs. Cena posts from the current general one) instead of starting it completely from scratch?

That was a sentence and a half, wasn't it buddy? :P

I'll split out some of the Rock vs. Cena only discussion I guess. There's a lot of discussion in that thread that isn't about the match.

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: 1 February 2012, 04:33:38 PM »
That was a sentence and a half, wasn't it buddy? :P
Yes, it was. :P

I'll split out some of the Rock vs. Cena only discussion I guess. There's a lot of discussion in that thread that isn't about the match.
Makes sense. :)