Author Topic: Gregory Helms Return Revealed?  (Read 938 times)

Offline Dale

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 3673
Gregory Helms Return Revealed?
« on: 5 July 2008, 07:13:14 PM »
Quote
- Injured WWE SmackDown Superstar Gregory Helms has posted the image below on his MySpace page which could hint at his return. By the looks of the picture, Helms could be returning on 10/21. That date is a Tuesday night, which would more than likely be the SmackDown tapings for that week and just 5 days from WWE's Cyber Sunday pay-per-view. Check out the clue below:
 
If it is indeed true, even though it's still a good 3 months would be good to see him back as I can't remember how long he actually has been out, but it's seemed forever.

Offline firewall316

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 275
Gregory Helms Return Revealed?
« Reply #1 on: 5 July 2008, 07:31:39 PM »
I didn't like him much anyways. Hes not much better than Charlie Haas in my opinion. Like watching paint dry.

Offline kertonl

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 152
Gregory Helms Return Revealed?
« Reply #2 on: 5 July 2008, 07:42:19 PM »
Quote from: firewall316;4829
I didn't like him much anyways. Hes not much better than Charlie Haas in my opinion. Like watching paint dry.

i would not go as far as that he's not the best but he ain't the worst.


Xbox Live GT: kertonl



Offline J2M

  • Ballin'
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1056
Gregory Helms Return Revealed?
« Reply #3 on: 6 July 2008, 12:31:14 AM »
I'm a fan of Gregory Helms and it's good to see him returning soon cause I think he needs to bring something to the longly vacated Cruiserweight Championship. I hope he's back sooner than later.

Maryse \'fucking\' Quellet

Offline Zuccini

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 374
Gregory Helms Return Revealed?
« Reply #4 on: 6 July 2008, 02:29:35 AM »
thats a great observation and i do think he will return although im not a big fan he shood spice the show up a bit more. and most of all add more fire into the Cruiserweight championship.

Offline Fluttershy

  • My Secret Combination
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1004
  • My Little Pony, My Little Pony
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Bella Twins, Beth Phoenix, Gail Kim, KHARMA, Maryse, Vickie Guerrero, AJ, Layla, Natalya, Rosa Mendes, Tara, Winter, Cherry, Ivory, Jazz, Jillian Hall, Lena Yada, Lita, Melina, Molly Holly, Nidia, Sable, Stephanie McMahon, Stacy Keibler, Torrie Wilson,
Gregory Helms Return Revealed?
« Reply #5 on: 6 July 2008, 10:55:08 AM »
thats still almost 4 months away, I thought they meant at like summerslam.  I enjoyed him on SmackDown, and I can't wait to see him in action again:)

Offline RyPrax

  • FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • *****
  • Posts: 9097
  • FINISH. HIM.
Gregory Helms Return Revealed?
« Reply #6 on: 7 July 2008, 02:58:26 PM »
Well I think he's one of the better cruiserweights in history, it's just that his career has been marred with injuries. it's a shame really, he could've been the next cruiser to step up and break the weight barrier like Rey did, but with all the injuries it seems very unlikely to me now.

Still, I can't wait for his return.


Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Adampro123

  • Veteran Member
  • ******
  • Posts: 6699
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
Gregory Helms Return Revealed?
« Reply #7 on: 8 July 2008, 12:46:31 AM »
I hate how all these noobs come on and only know the gregory helms from what he has recently done.lol.

I loved him in WCW and have been a fan of him ever since. i think after he got rid of the hurricane gimmick they didn't use him as well as they could....but they never used the cruserweaght champ that good unless it was rey. i think helms is very underrated and im sure if WWE pushed him like they pushed some others then people would be saying how much they couldn't wait for him to return.



Offline RyPrax

  • FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • *****
  • Posts: 9097
  • FINISH. HIM.
Gregory Helms Return Revealed?
« Reply #8 on: 8 July 2008, 04:03:23 PM »
Quote from: Adampro123;5284
I hate how all these noobs come on and only know the gregory helms from what he has recently done.lol.

I loved him in WCW and have been a fan of him ever since. i think after he got rid of the hurricane gimmick they didn't use him as well as they could....but they never used the cruserweaght champ that good unless it was rey. i think helms is very underrated and im sure if WWE pushed him like they pushed some others then people would be saying how much they couldn't wait for him to return.


I thought his best work was as the hurricane, at least the early days and including the times where he beat the Rock and teamed with Kane. He really made that gimmick work, despite it being a little silly. When they stuck him with Rosey, things got stale pretty quickly.

His recent work on SD before he broke his neck was amazing, I loved his matches. I can't wait for him to come back, hopefully have a US title run somewhere down the line.

Edit: Look to see how much I put him over in my tournament, lol. He beat Claudio :)


Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Mini Kong

  • Ari Gold is GOD!!
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1085
Gregory Helms Return Revealed?
« Reply #9 on: 8 July 2008, 04:19:14 PM »
Well it's about damn time. One of my fave wrestlers on smackdown. For a minute I thought he wasn't gonna come back at all.
"This is my welcome!"
Shame on TNA for letting go one of the best female wrestlers in the world.


Offline J2M

  • Ballin'
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1056
Gregory Helms Return Revealed?
« Reply #10 on: 9 July 2008, 01:28:27 AM »
Oh yeah I remember the Rock being defeated by Hurricane, lol. He did have a good gimmick as Hurricane but it got really, really stale and he needed a change. This change has done the world of good. Now I just can't wait for him to return, we need a Cruiserweight Champion.

Maryse \'fucking\' Quellet

Offline WWEFANbOy

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 181
Gregory Helms Return Revealed?
« Reply #11 on: 9 July 2008, 02:31:19 AM »
well, if he comes back, he really won't be that big, unless...........

HE COMES BACK AS THE HURRICANE!!!!!
but that will never happen

WAT UP WITH THAT!?!

Offline Adampro123

  • Veteran Member
  • ******
  • Posts: 6699
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
Gregory Helms Return Revealed?
« Reply #12 on: 10 July 2008, 01:50:31 AM »
Quote from: Prax;5444
I thought his best work was as the hurricane, at least the early days and including the times where he beat the Rock and teamed with Kane. He really made that gimmick work, despite it being a little silly. When they stuck him with Rosey, things got stale pretty quickly.

His recent work on SD before he broke his neck was amazing, I loved his matches. I can't wait for him to come back, hopefully have a US title run somewhere down the line.

Edit: Look to see how much I put him over in my tournament, lol. He beat Claudio :)

I like the hurricane gimmick as well i just think it ran to long and they should have ended and made his heel turn more of a big deal i think if they did that he would be in the US title picture now or might have already been IC or US Champ. The Only thing is i wish WWE would let him use the vertabreaker.



Offline RyPrax

  • FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • *****
  • Posts: 9097
  • FINISH. HIM.
Gregory Helms Return Revealed?
« Reply #13 on: 10 July 2008, 04:19:14 PM »
Quote from: Adampro123;5668
I like the hurricane gimmick as well i just think it ran to long and they should have ended and made his heel turn more of a big deal i think if they did that he would be in the US title picture now or might have already been IC or US Champ. The Only thing is i wish WWE would let him use the vertabreaker.


It's a sick move but WWE doesn't allow moves neck moves for the most part, and it would be pretty odd to let someone who just broke his neck and has been out for almost two years use it, lol. I mean they barely let Taker use the Tombstone.  Considering how many people have broken their necks with much less, i don't blame them.


Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Dale

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 3673
Gregory Helms Return Revealed?
« Reply #14 on: 18 September 2008, 08:08:42 PM »
MASSSSSSIVE BUMP

Quote
[/SIZE][/SIZE]- Nicholas James Ignomirello sent the following: I attended the SmackDown/ECW Tapings in Nashville on Tuesday night, and when R-Truth was headed to the back after his match with Shelton Benjamin, a separate video box popped up on the TitanTron with Gregory Helms talking, looked like one of those promo interviews. There was no audio, and it disappeared after 2-3 seconds, but a handful of people there noticed it.


 - Hank sent the following: I