Author Topic: *OFFICIAL* Raw Discussion Thread: 23rd January 2012  (Read 1632 times)

Offline Fluttershy

• My Secret Combination
  • My Little Pony, My Little Pony
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Bella Twins, Beth Phoenix, Gail Kim, KHARMA, Maryse, Vickie Guerrero, AJ, Layla, Natalya, Rosa Mendes, Tara, Winter, Cherry, Ivory, Jazz, Jillian Hall, Lena Yada, Lita, Melina, Molly Holly, Nidia, Sable, Stephanie McMahon, Stacy Keibler, Torrie Wilson,
*OFFICIAL* Raw Discussion Thread: 23rd January 2012
« on: 23 January 2012, 05:46:00 PM »
Monday Night Raw - 23rd January 2012

Are CM Punk's Days As Champion Numbered?
Since June, CM Punk has not been short of words to say about John Laurinaitis. Since then, Laurinaitis has attained an even higher position of power in the WWE as the Interim General Manager of Raw and the rivalry between Punk and Laurinaitis has been getting more heated. Last week on Raw seemed to be the breaking point, with Laurinaitis, usually a composed individual, freely admitting that he was going to screw CM Punk out of the WWE Championship at the Royal Rumble. CM Punk's words have proved controversial in the past, but was his verbal tirade of Laurinaitis last week one step too far? And will it end up costing the WWE Champion when he faces Dolph Ziggler for the WWE Championship on the 29th January at the Royal Rumble?

Also On Raw
With this being the last episode of Raw before the 2012 Royal Rumble, expect to see several superstars claim why they are favourites to win. Which wrestlers will gain some last-minute momentum leading into the Royal Rumble? Last week on Raw, John Cena found out that he would be facing his tormentor, Kane, at the Royal Rumble. Will Kane continue to play mind-games on Cena, or can Cena rise above the hate that Kane brings? Also last week, we saw Zack Ryder lose the US Championship he worked so hard to gain at the hands of Jack Swagger. The match was not without controversy as Ryder was not medically cleared to compete, but the decision stood. Will Ryder find out when he can expect his mandatory rematch? Chris Jericho continues to confound the WWE and its fans by doing nothing and saying nothing except pander to the crowd. Will we get any motives for his bizarre actions? And speaking of bizarre, will we see more of the Funkasaurus, Brodus Clay? Find out all this and more as Raw makes its last stop before the 2012 Royal Rumble.

Offline Majin HoHo

• Life is a Team Sport
Re: *OFFICIAL* Raw Discussion Thread: 23rd January 2012
« Reply #1 on: 23 January 2012, 07:12:02 PM »
I wonder what Mick might do to Johnny Ace after that attack last week.You know Punk will shine in some way.Will the hate in Cena go deeper.I hope so.Maybe Ace vs Mick Street fight, for a RR spot book it! Anxious since this RR is up for grabs this year.

Offline Rhymin' Greiman

• Super Duper Moderator
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Kane, Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Randy Orton, Bryan Danielson, The Miz, and RVD
« Reply #2 on: 23 January 2012, 11:46:39 PM »
I fully expect the show to start off with Johnny boy in the ring telling the crowd he apologizes for his actions as they weren't professional and he regrets the way everything was handled from admitting to be one-sided as the ref in CM Punk's title match with the intent to cost him the title all the way to attacking Mick Foley.  Then Punk will come down and repeat last week's strategy of getting square into his face and question his lack of balls by attacking someone like Foley but not even remotely showing anger towards Punk (to his face anyways).  Then have Ace act all scared and innocent while trying to explain he was in the wrong and wants to assure Punk that he'll continue to call their match straight down the middle.

At that point I'd LOVE to see Vince show up and announce another match at the Rumble.... this time for the Raw General Manager job.  Laurinaitis vs Foley, make it happen.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #3 on: 24 January 2012, 06:09:21 PM »
Johnny Ace no-selling the GTS, pure gold:

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #4 on: 24 January 2012, 07:04:32 PM »
Not a great Raw but a pretty good one. My only issue was Jinder vs Sheamus again. I'm so sick of seeing Jinder all he does is lose and you know hes gonna lose every match he's in.

Liked all the stuff from Punk/Ziggler/Swagger/Johnny/Otunga

Best part of the night was Truth and Miz backstage. The match though i thought could have been a lot better.

I think we had the best Jericho segment yet. Like i said before i think he's a lock to win the rumble this year. and the fans finally seem to be getting it.

Cena/Kane/Ryder stuff i don't care for. Looks like cena's finally gonna embrace the hate though.

Brodus just seems kind of meh now. that debut was good but now it does nothing for me. glad to see regal on raw.

Offline chappers

• Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
« Reply #5 on: 25 January 2012, 12:45:42 AM »
Good RAW, not as good as last weeks but it served its purpose for building the rumble. Best part was Jericho's segment, great build there and enjoyed his return, obviously something quite big will happen and hopefully it will come to fruition. Also thoroughly enjoying all the segments with Punk and Laurinaitis but pissed off that Triple H has to fucking butt in again, I just hope he doesn't ruin it. Kind of convenient he's back the RAW after the rumble, I sense an Undertaker return next week to Chokeslam/Tombstone Triple H just as he's about to make his announcement for his review on Laurinaitis.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #6 on: 25 January 2012, 03:25:40 PM »
Good RAW, not as good as last weeks but it served its purpose for building the rumble. Best part was Jericho's segment, great build there and enjoyed his return, obviously something quite big will happen and hopefully it will come to fruition. Also thoroughly enjoying all the segments with Punk and Laurinaitis but pissed off that Triple H has to fucking butt in again, I just hope he doesn't ruin it. Kind of convenient he's back the RAW after the rumble, I sense an Undertaker return next week to Chokeslam/Tombstone Triple H just as he's about to make his announcement for his review on Laurinaitis.

You're pissed off Triple H is going to make an appearance? I'm actually looking forward to it. It makes sense. He has heat with both Big Johnny and Punk so he should technically be "fair", and it's about time he returned, especially if they wanted to start building for his rumble match with Undertaker like you said.

Offline chappers

• Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
« Reply #7 on: 25 January 2012, 03:46:54 PM »

You're pissed off Triple H is going to make an appearance? I'm actually looking forward to it. It makes sense. He has heat with both Big Johnny and Punk so he should technically be "fair", and it's about time he returned, especially if they wanted to start building for his rumble match with Undertaker like you said.
He ruined the Cena/Punk feud and whilst I'm somewhat optimistic his appearance this Monday will more then likely build his match with Taker at Mania, I don't want him to ruin the feud between Punk/Laurinaitis. I just hope this is a one off involvement and he leaves Punk/Laurinaitis to themselves after Monday.

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
« Reply #8 on: 25 January 2012, 06:05:16 PM »
Yeah I can't be arsed seeing anymore Triple H. His presence annoys me. He is past his prime anyway so really rusty to watch. If HBK ever returned I'd be psyched though.

Offline Rhymin' Greiman

• Super Duper Moderator
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Kane, Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Randy Orton, Bryan Danielson, The Miz, and RVD
« Reply #9 on: 28 January 2012, 07:41:29 PM »

I knew there was something not sitting well with me when it came to that GTS....

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #10 on: 28 January 2012, 08:56:57 PM »

I knew there was something not sitting well with me when it came to that GTS....

Ya, I only posted that picture a week ago :P

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #11 on: 28 January 2012, 09:27:35 PM »
When will you learn no one pays attention to your post :P

Offline Rhymin' Greiman

• Super Duper Moderator
« Reply #12 on: 29 January 2012, 01:10:45 AM »
When will you learn no one pays attention to your post :P

That and I rarely post in wrestling threads as it's always meh...