Author Topic: Smackdown *SPOILERS* for 2012/01/13  (Read 730 times)

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
Smackdown *SPOILERS* for 2012/01/13
« on: 11 January 2012, 03:29:40 PM »
Here is how the Smackdown show was at Laredo, TX:

It started out with Daniel Bryan doing a promo about how he is a fighting champion until Mark Henry interrupted and informed him he won't be involved in his match against Big Show due to a deal Mark Henry made with Teddy Long. Henry states he gets a rematch against the winner next week if he doesn't get involved.

1st Match- Justin Gabriel defeats Heath Slater.

2nd Match- Cody Rhodes getting massive heat with the crowd with his promo and beats Ezekiel Jackson clean.

3rd Match Sheamus vs. Jinder Mahal with Sheamus getting a massive pop.

4th Match Featured a Squash Match with Brodus Clay over Tyson Kidd

During the show Diva AJ informs Daniel Bryan that she has a crush on him and he asks her how far her devotion goes.

5th Match David Otunga beats Santino Marella for a spot at the Rumble.

6th Match Divas Match with Naytala beaten by Tamina.

After the match Wade Barrett cuts a promo for his next match against Sheamus next week.

Promo Video: AJ approaches Big Show about his match against Daniel Bryan but Daniel cuts into the conversation and calls out Show, saying that he was trying to steal his title & girl.

7th Match Ted DiBiase beats Drew McIntyre, who was previous informed in a video promo with Teddy Long that he would be fired if he loses his match.

Main Event was stopped during the match when Big Show accidentally ran into AJ (she was taken out by the medics). The crowd hated the finish because it was supposed to have a winner.

After the show, Mark Henry got knocked out by Big Show after goading him about the finish of the main event

Man, who the hell is writing this crap? Another shitty show. And 8 matches? In b4 all of them are 30 seconds long. Promise an ending to the world title match, find another way to screw us out of a finish. Bryan using women to win matches for him? I didn't like him going heel, now I hate it. McIntyre gets buried again, Slater/Gabriel in a pointless 1-week feud, Sheamus beats Mahal ending that too...

One thing I do like is how they seem to be pushing matches more. I.E. last week we set up the last 2 matches I mentioned, Barrett cuts a promo plugging his match next week, etc. That's a good thing.

Also, the Funkasaurus  :mrk

But ya, overall, terribly pointless show by the looks of it.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
Re: Smackdown *SPOILERS* for 2012/01/13
« Reply #1 on: 11 January 2012, 04:14:02 PM »
Like i have said before i just wish they would swap the wrestlers. instead of having Hawkins and Kidd job to Brodus this week have Hunico and Mahall job to him and give Hawkins and Kidd the spots on the show.

I agree with everything prax said though.

Otunga vs Santino? really?
Gabriel vs Slater i don't mind but i can't help but think its pointless and that neither guy will get any sort of push especially with us leading into Mania.
Drew losses again this week to Dibiase which was expected. I Expect him to lose to Gabriel next week then after that either he gets fired or starts winning.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #2 on: 11 January 2012, 05:58:08 PM »
I forgot to mention how nonsensical the Otunga vs. Santino match is. Santino's already confirmed for the Rumble, and Otunga is Big Johnny's lackey. Why does he need to qualify for the Rumble?

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #3 on: 11 January 2012, 06:07:54 PM »
I guess it was lackey vs Lackey. Santino being Teddy longs new assistant and all.

Offline chappers

• Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
« Reply #4 on: 14 January 2012, 12:29:41 AM »
Terrible show again, the only thing that is of any interest is the main event, but like Prax said I don't like Bryan going heel as it seems unnecessary; put that aside though the main event has been good. Hilarious hearing Bryan at the end of the show shouting at Big Show.

Mahal vs Sheamus, I don't see how this benefits either guy, Sheamus is out of Mahal's league and doesn't need this, Mahal has no legitimacy which is furthered by his loss to Sheamus. If they want to use Mahal re-shuffle him in the future, at the moment a Ricky Ortiz return would get a bigger reaction then Mahal.

Brodus Clay debuting on Smackdown was good until he beat Tyson Kidd in two moves... great. And what is it with Tyson Kidd getting squashed all the time, he has more charisma then half the shit they decide to push on this show and really good in the ring.

Heath Slater and Justin Gabriel, I don't see the point in this when both guys aren't getting a push in the near future. I think they are both alright, could easily sit in the mid card, I like Slaters attitude, but this should be on Superstars tbh.

Cody Rhodes and Ezekiel Jackson I couldn't care about this match, another guy getting held back. Hell I know they've got their main event set with Show, Henry and Bryan, but why not have Sheamus, Rhodes and Barrett feud over the Intercontinental (or in my opinion the three guys who should be main eventing the show). That would be interesting.

McIntyre losing again, he'll probably win in a couple weeks time but its just a crap storyline.

Santino Marella vs David Otunga, another worthless pointless match. Santino is never going anywhere and Otunga would be better off staying out of the ring at the moment.

Whether injuries is an excuse or not, the show is shit. Why isn't Rhodes feuding with someone, I know McIntyre has only just come back but maybe he could feud with Rhodes, at least I would want to tune into that and both of them have some history with their short tag team stint. Hell even Justin Gabriel would be alright in the mean time, at least he has some legitimacy and its not like he's going anywhere feuding with Slater. Sheamus and Barrett could be having a heated feud and both guys have shown they've wanted that, instead we've had this pointless Mahal feud that looks like its hopefully over now. They had Foley come back for a short time and he's disappeared, he could be doing something with Rhodes, or maybe push this Booker feud a bit more. They bang on about the WWE universe but ignore the reactions from the fans and push lousy shit instead. I can't be fucked with Smackdown next week if its as lousy as these past two weeks have been,

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #5 on: 14 January 2012, 07:39:10 AM »
I'm glad Slater and Gabriel are getting on the show, but if it has to be along with hornswoggle then I don't know what to think of that.

Cody cut a good promo, but the match vs. Zeke was useless. Santino vs. Otunga was also useless.

Mahal vs. Sheamus was surprisingly the match of the night. Sheamus looked miles ahead of him but that was probably Mahal's best match. I still don't understand why they insist to force him down our throats. Guess they're still obsessed with catering to the Indian fans.

Dunno where they're heading with Drew, nor do I really care, but I don't mind the Epico/Ted Jr. stuff.

Brodus's second debut was a waste. It was nice to see him get a big pop but I don't really understand why that needed to happen considering there were 7 shitty matches on the card... total waste of time.

Didn't even bother watching the main event.

I don't really understand how Smackdown has turned into basically the lower-midcard shitfest. Even if the roster isn't as strong as it used to be, what's the excuse here? More than half the people who were part of ridiculous squash matches (There were EIGHT matches on the card!) are competent wrestlers who could easily put up long, decent TV matches. Let's say you keep Mahal vs Sheamus as it was, Gabriel/Slater could get more time, you could put Cody against Ted and give them a longer match, and if you need to do that shit with Drew put him against one of the other losers. I know it's tough, especially with a main event scene that includes an injured guy, an aging 7 foot wrestler and a guy half their size who's making due, but it doesn't make any sense. Bring in guys from RAW even, do something! This was a terrible show.

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
« Reply #6 on: 17 January 2012, 10:51:46 AM »
Whether injuries is an excuse or not, the show is shit. Why isn't Rhodes feuding with someone, I know McIntyre has only just come back but maybe he could feud with Rhodes, at least I would want to tune into that and both of them have some history with their short tag team stint. Hell even Justin Gabriel would be alright in the mean time, at least he has some legitimacy and its not like he's going anywhere feuding with Slater. Sheamus and Barrett could be having a heated feud and both guys have shown they've wanted that, instead we've had this pointless Mahal feud that looks like its hopefully over now. They had Foley come back for a short time and he's disappeared, he could be doing something with Rhodes, or maybe push this Booker feud a bit more. They bang on about the WWE universe but ignore the reactions from the fans and push lousy shit instead. I can't be fucked with Smackdown next week if its as lousy as these past two weeks have been,

I agree that SD has been terrible but Rhodes/Booker only just ended so I wouldn't complain about a lack of people for Rhodes to feud with as he has had tons of feuds in recent memory and will probably go into one very soon or after the Rumble. I'd be more concerned at the lack of a feud for the likes of Sheamus because this Barrett stuff isn't really a proper 'feud' as such.

Offline chappers

• Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
« Reply #7 on: 17 January 2012, 11:26:11 AM »
At the moment he's coming out and cutting promo's which aren't really building to anything, whereas he could be having a legit feud; its just a waste. Barrett and Sheamus's feud has been good with the brief interactions they've had, if they actually focused on it rather then throwing Mahal into the mix it would be keeping me tuned in. I don't mind a couple of these lower feuds if there's some good ones going on, at the moment though Smackdown only has the main event match, and then a load of pointless feuds with people that have no charisma.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: 17 January 2012, 03:57:35 PM »
Rhodes is building towards Goldust vs him at Mania which i really want to see. As for right now i don't think the WWE really cares to book any feud outside of the matches they have set up for the rumble. I don't like it but it's the truth. and honestly the face side of the mid card is so weak right now and they haven't built anyone up in a good way that no matter who he faces they aren't on his level.

You know i kind of enjoyed SD. then again i did FF through a lot so im sure that has a good bit to do with it.

Liked Coy and Wade on the mic. Love How Daniel Bryan is playing his new role. Enjoyed Slater vs Gabriel. Enjoyed Ted vs Drew. and Enjoyed the main event. The Rest i skipped.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #9 on: 17 January 2012, 04:01:53 PM »
It's tough for them to have legit feuds now because the Rumble dominates the next PPV, so if they don't have anything set up it's kind of pointless. You can't blame them for that, as Adam said Cody just had a good feud with Booker. It's just for a couple of weeks.

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
« Reply #10 on: 19 January 2012, 10:24:19 AM »
It's tough for them to have legit feuds now because the Rumble dominates the next PPV, so if they don't have anything set up it's kind of pointless. You can't blame them for that, as Adam said Cody just had a good feud with Booker. It's just for a couple of weeks.

You ALWAYS get my name wrong either calling me adam or chappers.
It is like I'm Homer and your Mr Burns.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #11 on: 19 January 2012, 03:25:06 PM »

You ALWAYS get my name wrong either calling me adam or chappers.
It is like I'm Homer and your Mr Burns.

Whatever. You're all the same inferior posters to me :ace