Author Topic: 2012 WWE PPV Prediction Thread  (Read 7559 times)

Offline Fluttershy

• My Secret Combination
  • My Little Pony, My Little Pony
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Bella Twins, Beth Phoenix, Gail Kim, KHARMA, Maryse, Vickie Guerrero, AJ, Layla, Natalya, Rosa Mendes, Tara, Winter, Cherry, Ivory, Jazz, Jillian Hall, Lena Yada, Lita, Melina, Molly Holly, Nidia, Sable, Stephanie McMahon, Stacy Keibler, Torrie Wilson,
2012 WWE PPV Prediction Thread
« on: 8 January 2012, 02:47:50 PM »

WrestlingFusion Predictor Hall of Fame
2008: MickieFan
2009: MickieFan
2010: MickieFan
2011: Adampro123

The Rules
Take Part: There is no signup need all you need to do is post your predictions before the deadline.

Scoring: You get one point for naming the correct winner of any match, if you predict the correct winner and the correct finish you receive 2 points. You will only receive 1 point if you predict the winner and get the finish wrong. You will get zero points if you name the wrong winner but getting the finish correct.
(Certain stipulation matches involve the finish as already being dictated by the match type; this being the case predicting this will gain you no points as it involved no effort or brain skill to gain the point).

Gambling it all: A bonus 2 points can be gained if you take a gamble and predict the finish down to the last detail (finishing move, interference, etc.) this is a gamble however  as getting it wrong at any point will ensure you score zero for that match. (Example: AJ vs. Beth Phoenix you predict AJ wins following a spinning heel Kick after Interference from Natalya, If this is exactly what happens, except for Aj winning without using the spinning Heel kick You score nothing).

Bonus questions: These will be worth as many points as they are announced as being worth

Scores: Scores will be posted in an individual thread, Their you will be able to find your score for each individual PPV  and a running total of every participants scores. Any disputes over scoring must be made before the next PPV. They can be made privately or publicly inside the score thread.

Predictions: Predictions can be made and edited up until the PPV itself begins. Any predictions made after this time will not be counted and any predictions edited after this time will be disqualified.

Final Overall Scores
Adampro123: 142
Awesome: 95
chappers: 131
HoHo: 115
J.D: 113
Prax: 118
Pineapple Dream: 19

Royal Rumble Results
AdamPro – 15
Chappers - 13
Pineapple Dream – 13
HoHo – 12
Awesome – 11
Prax – 8
John Doe – 5

Elimination Chamber Results
Adampro – 13
Prax - 10
HoHo – 8
Awesome – 4
Johnny Doe – 9
Pineapple Dream– 6
Chappers - 6

Wrestlemania Results

Adampro - 20
Awesome - 18
Chappers - 17
John Doe - 16
Hoho - 15
Prax - 10

Extreme Rules Results

Adampro - 11
John doe - 9
Prax - 8
Chappers - 8
HoHo - 7
Awesome - 7

Over the limit standings:

JD - 14
Chappers - 13
Adam - 12
Hoho - 11
Prax - 10
Awesome - 6

No Way Out standings:
Chappers: 10
JD: 10
Prax: 10
Hoho: 10
Awesome: 9
Adam: 7

Money In The Banks standings:
Adam: 14
JD: 14
Prax: 13
Chappers: 13
Hoho: 10
Awesome: 8

SummerSlam standings:
Prax. 15
JD. 13
Chappers. 13
Adam. 12
Hoho. 8
Awesome. 7

Night Of Champions standings:
Prax. 11
Chappers. 10
Adam. 8
JD. 8
Awesome. 7
Hoho. 6

Hell In A Cell standings:
chappers: 13
J.D: 10
Adampro123: 9
HoHo: 9
Awesome: 7
Prax: 4

Survivor Series standings:
Adampro123: 15
Prax: 12
Awesome: 9
HoHo: 8
chappers: 7

TLC standings
HoHo: 11
J.D: 9
chappers: 8
Prax: 7
Adampro123: 6
Awesome: 2

2012 WWE PPV Prediction Thread Winner:
Adampro123
« Last Edit: 17 December 2012, 09:24:51 AM by Awesome »

Offline Majin HoHo

• Life is a Team Sport
Re: 2012 PPV Prediction Thread
« Reply #1 on: 8 January 2012, 02:51:51 PM »
Adampro isn't not defending his title this time!

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #2 on: 8 January 2012, 04:56:31 PM »
Oh yes i am! haha. I know not many people watch TNA but is there any chance we can have a TNA contest like this with there PPV's? even those who don't watch could still make the picks its all in fun anyways.

Offline Majin HoHo

• Life is a Team Sport
« Reply #3 on: 8 January 2012, 05:04:58 PM »
Yeah BL, I love that too, since I one of the rare members who watch all the Wrestling shows during the week, including Impact as well at ROH Tv.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #4 on: 9 January 2012, 03:26:18 PM »
Don't wanna put too much on Booty's plate but I'd participate in TNA predictions just for shits.

Also, can I make a suggestion that when you post the results, you make a post saying you've tallied them with the results instead of just updating the first post and writing it in the shoutbox? It would make it more visible for people who don't necessarily visit the site the day after a show.

Anyway, good luck to everyone in their 2012 prediction endeavors!

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #5 on: 9 January 2012, 05:54:38 PM »
If one of you guys can Sticky the topic for me i could do the TNA Predictions thread if its too much for booty or he just doesn't have interest. we just had a PPV last night but we can start out in Feb...its TNA im sure it won't matter much.lol.

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
« Reply #6 on: 9 January 2012, 11:21:12 PM »
Do TNA seperate to the WWE one though as I can't stand it.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #7 on: 11 January 2012, 03:07:55 PM »
Also, I think we should discuss how the Rumble predictions are going to go down. One thing that would be cool is that on top of predicting a winner and having questions like who lasts longers, etc, we could have everyone pick 5 wrestlers. You get 2 points for every person that wrestler eliminates, and a point for every 10 minute span that person lasts. I.E. if I pick Kane, and he eliminates 5 guys and lasts 20 minutes, I get 12 points (we can reduce the number of points if it's too much). I think this adds a nice little twist and makes it more fun than just predicting straight up.

Offline chappers

• Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
« Reply #8 on: 11 January 2012, 07:09:06 PM »
Also, I think we should discuss how the Rumble predictions are going to go down. One thing that would be cool is that on top of predicting a winner and having questions like who lasts longers, etc, we could have everyone pick 5 wrestlers. You get 2 points for every person that wrestler eliminates, and a point for every 10 minute span that person lasts. I.E. if I pick Kane, and he eliminates 5 guys and lasts 20 minutes, I get 12 points (we can reduce the number of points if it's too much). I think this adds a nice little twist and makes it more fun than just predicting straight up.
Should also be able to predict three people to win the rumble, pretty hard to work out one out of the whole roster, well I would say there's about 8 people who could, what do you think?

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #9 on: 11 January 2012, 07:49:45 PM »
Or at least rank them...

1st choice: 5 points
2nd choice: 3 points
3rd choice: 1 point.

And I'm aware that there are a lot of points going around. On one hand that could be a lot of points to make up if someone misses predicting the rumble, on the other hand it's a pretty big match.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: 11 January 2012, 09:36:03 PM »
Or at least rank them...

I completely agree with this system.

I think 3 choices would be all you need as i think there's only really 2 guys that have a legit shot at winning it this year.

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
« Reply #11 on: 19 January 2012, 10:28:04 AM »
Or at least rank them...

And I'm aware that there are a lot of points going around. On one hand that could be a lot of points to make up if someone misses predicting the rumble, on the other hand it's a pretty big match.

I just came in to say exactly that.
Spooky.
Anyway agreed.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #12 on: 19 January 2012, 03:22:30 PM »
Or at least rank them...

I just came in to say exactly that.
Spooky.
Anyway agreed.

Ya you're only a week late :P

Offline Fluttershy

• My Secret Combination
  • My Little Pony, My Little Pony
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Bella Twins, Beth Phoenix, Gail Kim, KHARMA, Maryse, Vickie Guerrero, AJ, Layla, Natalya, Rosa Mendes, Tara, Winter, Cherry, Ivory, Jazz, Jillian Hall, Lena Yada, Lita, Melina, Molly Holly, Nidia, Sable, Stephanie McMahon, Stacy Keibler, Torrie Wilson,
« Reply #13 on: 21 January 2012, 11:10:09 AM »

The Royal Rumble

World Heavyweight Championship
Daniel Bryan vs. Big Show vs. Mark Henry (Triple Threat Steel Cage Match)

Winner:
Victory Via: (Pinfall, Submission, Escape)
Optional Gamble:

WWE Championship
CM Punk vs. Dolph Ziggler (Special Guest Referee John Laurinaitis

Winner:
Victory Via: (Pinfall, Submission)
Optional Gamble:

Kane vs. John Cena
Winner:
Victory Via: (Pinfall, Submission, DQ)
Optional Gamble:

The Royal Rumble
Winner:
First Pick: (5 Points)
Secound Pick: (3 Points)
Third Pick: (1 Point)

Bonus Points:
1) Will there be any bonus matches added on the night?
A simple yes or no will gain you one point, predicting the participants will gain you another point. Predicting the Outcome and victory via will gain you another 2 points. If any single part of the answer is incorrect no points will be awarded. Any match announced before the PPV on WWE.com does not count.

2) Which person last the longest in the Royal Rumble match (2 points)

3) You get the pick of 3 wrestlers, and for every person that wrestler eliminates you will gain 1 additional point.

Offline Majin HoHo

• Life is a Team Sport
« Reply #14 on: 21 January 2012, 03:43:05 PM »
Daniel Bryan vs. Big Show vs. Mark Henry (Triple Threat Steel Cage Match)
Winner:Daniel Bryan
Victory Via: Escape

WWE Championship
CM Punk vs. Dolph Ziggler (Special Guest Referee John Laurinaitis
Winner:CM Punk
Victory Via: Pinfall

Kane vs. John Cena
Winner:Cena
Victory Via: Pinfall

The Royal Rumble
Winner:
First Pick: Jericho
Secound Pick: Sheamus
Third Pick: Miz

Bonus Points:
1) Will there be any bonus matches added on the night?Yes

2) Which person last the longest in the Royal Rumble match (2 points)Ziggler, (60 min long...)

3) You get the pick of 3 wrestlers, and for every person that wrestler eliminates you will gain 1 additional
Miz
Kane
Ziggler