Author Topic: *OFFICIAL* Raw Discussion Thread: 2nd January 2012  (Read 894 times)

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
*OFFICIAL* Raw Discussion Thread: 2nd January 2012
« on: 2 January 2012, 09:00:53 PM »
Quote from: WWE.com
One week after being pinned by the showoff in his own hometown, WWE Champion CM Punk faces Dolph Ziggler tonight with the title at stake on the first Raw SuperShow of 2012.

Tonight will also see the person hyped in the videos of the past few weeks be revealed. Will it be Y2J like many are assuming, or will it be somebody completely different?

For another thing, will Brodus Clay finally re-début?

Only time will tell, and I am very much looking forward to this episode of Raw. :D
Quote from: CM Punk
Please, if you say ‘Because it’s your destiny’, I swear to jeebus I’m going to start drinking.

Offline Majin HoHo

• Life is a Team Sport
Re: *OFFICIAL* Raw Discussion Thread: 2nd January 2012
« Reply #1 on: 2 January 2012, 09:58:02 PM »
Who cares about fat ass, no talent..3 minute match Brodus Clay.Taker or Jericho is returning, or maybe Brock.I will watch for this, and the classic Ziggler and Punk will put on, because both guys can show off in the Ring!

Offline narcolepsy

« Reply #2 on: 3 January 2012, 04:25:48 AM »
I like where this is going with Jericho, but I'm not sure it was the right way to execute it.  Jericho was going to get a huge pop whether the plan was for him to be a face or a heel.  The first 3-5 minutes he played it as straight babyface, but after the 2nd time he left the ring he started to show some heelish tendencies. 

Chris Jericho has returned as the super douchebag.  He believes that he is the best in the world.  A returning rockstar that everyone should kneel before.  Why would anyone hate him?  Jericho thinks he is perfect.

I think the segment played well to the crowd in the arena, but for 10 minutes it became tedious and I'm not sure this was "good tv."  It effectively returned Jericho to heel status, but I think a lot of people changed the channel after they were expecting more from the segment.  The TV viewer has a short attention span and this giant tease left a bad taste in the viewers mouth.  I think punking out the crowd would have been more effective if it had been the last segment of the show as it would leave viewers hanging for 7 more days.  Wouldn't be surprised to see the ratings trend downward for the 6 man tag.

All in all, I'm just glad we can pencil in CM Punk vs. Chris Jericho at Wrestlemania.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #3 on: 3 January 2012, 05:30:53 AM »
- The Twitter account for John Laurinaitis wrote the following tonight on why once again, Brodus Clay did not make his return to RAW:

"And to those wondering why Brodus didn't debut tonight, I have my reasons. He will debut next week, I promise. Why would I lie? #Raw"

Laurinaitis also wrote about his arm after the CM Punk angle and Chris Jericho's return:

"My staff and I aren't pleased, for those of you who follow this and want the real scoop. We hope to have answers from @IAmJericho soon."

"I know everyone watching #WWE #RAW is asking the same question right now. The answer is, Yes, I think my arm will be ok-Thank u 4 ur concern"

He's starting to grow on me.lol.

Gotta wonder what the real situation is with Clay. is he in the dog house? was this the plan all along? is he just some running backstage joke? we have heard he was the one who came of with the hall of pain and they gave it to Henry now it just seems like they are being dicks to him. on the other hand this oculd all be build and he have some major debut.

Loved the stuff with Miz and Truth.

Bryan vs Cody coulda been better and longer but it was good and Bryan was over.

Barret vs Santino was a aquash pretty much but it wasn't bad.

Ziggler vs Punk was really good but had a weak ending. makes sense though you're gonna have to pay to see a real WWe title martch between the 2.

Divas = bleh. Divas champ not even on the show.

I like john Cena on the mic but the stuff with Kane just isn't connecting for me.

I got what Jericho was doing. i get it completely but i thought it dragged on for a bit too long. and i was expecting a heel promo after all those cheers. not a great return but we'll see where it goes. he will without a doubt be a heel though and will likely win the rumble and face punk at mania.

6...or 5 man tag was okay. im hoping this sparks a feud between Swagger and Ryder and as much as i like Ryder i would rather see Swager win the US title from him. i have always wanted to see Swagger with that belt and i think being a champion helps him so much. plus Ryder needs a Mania moment this year and he could win the Us title back there.

Expected something like last Week from Del Rio.
No tag champs this week. hope they are on SD.
I'm really starting to miss seeing John Morrison.

All and all i thought Raw was Good. with what was on the show it could have been so much better though. but thats fine it was still a good Raw IMO. I'm looking forward to more Royal Rumble match build because they didn't do much of that this week like i thought they would.

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
« Reply #4 on: 3 January 2012, 11:38:23 AM »
I thought the return was fucking awesome. Best part of the show and I switched off after it because I couldn't be arsed to watch the likes of Henry, Big Show, Kane or Ryder after such an epic return from a legend. That's pretty much my gripe that it didn't end the show.

I thought the return was fucking great and then when it dragged on that made it even better as we realised what his intentions were. Perfect return and Punk/Jericho are perhaps the most over guys in WWE right now so this feud is going to be amazing. And the fact he didn't cut a promo made things better imo. His presence alone was enough.

As for the rest of the show it was pretty boring.

Offline chappers

• Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
« Reply #5 on: 3 January 2012, 02:18:59 PM »
Yeah the promo was the best part, at first it annoyed me that he didn't say a word but I loved how much he arse kissed the fans who were completely sucking up to it. I read some comments on his facebook page and people were so pissed off with it and expected more. I'm just looking forward to the next couple of weeks where he'll likely arse kiss the audience who will suck up to him and then turn on Punk at Royal Rumble and screw him out of the championship.

I found Barrett hilarious on the mic again and enjoying the direction he's going at the moment.

Ryder promo backstage was funny, glad they've given him a promo where he can show his charisma a bit more, like Adam said as well if this is leading to a feud with Swagger I'm all for that and wouldn't mind Swagger picking up the belt; even though I feel he'll likely be fed to Ryder.

Kane's return is proving to be pretty disappointing, this choke thing he is doing just doesn't interest me, at least when Taker did that gogoplata move it seemed credible and looked good, this move is the equivalent of something the Great Khali would do. I don't like his new attire as well, it just looks bland and almost seems like the costume spiderman has before he fully realises his powers; it sucks. I do like the mask though, but everything else is awful. The end was pretty corny as well, I was laughing at the serious acting that Ryder and Cena were doing, amazed how they could keep a straight face over that lol.

Truth and Miz stuff was good as well, I hope Truth goes over Miz in this feud, its kind of looking that way as well since its apparent that Miz is intimidate by Truth. At the moment we've all of a sudden got an abundance of charismatic faces joining Cena which is really good considering for years the faces seemed to have absolutely no character. Now we've got Punk, Bryan, Ryder, Sheamus and Truth who are all entertaining and making the show good again imo. With Jericho and McIntyre returning as well as Ziggler, Rhodes and Barrett getting pushed for the main event as heels, I'm really excited with the direction the WWE's going.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #6 on: 4 January 2012, 07:48:52 AM »
The alternative for Jericho was a heel promo we've heard 2000 times before, or conversely, a month of him pandering as a face and then turning heel like he does every time. This was original and ya it dragged on a bit but he did it well and it was original. Gotta give him credit for that. Can't wait to see how it plays out.The best part was actually on WWE.com they did an interview with him as he was walking backstage. They asked him if he was going to be in the Rumble and he stopped, thought for a moment, then just turned on his flashy jacket and kept walking.  It was brilliant.

Loved the Cena/Kane stuff, the end was pretty cool with Ryder almost getting charcoaled.

Loving Truth's return too, the stuff with Miz backstage was great.

Punk/Ziggler was a good match with an expectedly weak ending. Although I'm loving Johnny Ace, he's really owning his role.

Lots of good stuff on RAW tonight, made for a great show.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
« Reply #7 on: 4 January 2012, 04:29:35 PM »
Yeah I absolutely love John Laurinaitis, he is probably the best non-wrestling character at the moment.