Linked Events

• WWE Royal Rumble: 29 January 2012

Author Topic: *OFFICIAL* Royal Rumble 2012 PPV Thread & Discussion  (Read 4354 times)

Offline Fluttershy

• My Secret Combination
  • My Little Pony, My Little Pony
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Bella Twins, Beth Phoenix, Gail Kim, KHARMA, Maryse, Vickie Guerrero, AJ, Layla, Natalya, Rosa Mendes, Tara, Winter, Cherry, Ivory, Jazz, Jillian Hall, Lena Yada, Lita, Melina, Molly Holly, Nidia, Sable, Stephanie McMahon, Stacy Keibler, Torrie Wilson,
*OFFICIAL* Royal Rumble 2012 PPV Thread & Discussion
« on: 31 December 2011, 02:22:38 PM »

Don't miss The Royal Rumble LIVE January 29th 2012, exclusively on pay-per-view.

30-Man Royal Rumble Match

Confirmed Participants: Wade Barrett, Sheamus, Jinder Mahal, Santino Marella

World Heavyweight Champion Daniel Bryan vs. Big Show vs. Mark Henry (Triple Threat Steel Cage Match)

WWE Champion CM Punk vs. Dolph Ziggler (Special Guest Referee John Laurinaitis)

John Cena vs. Kane

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
Re: *OFFICIAL* Royal Rumble 2012 PPV Thread & Discussion
« Reply #1 on: 31 December 2011, 05:23:32 PM »
Not sure I like that they're going back to 30. That's 10 people that have to sit out. Hope they at least keep the people from the undercard out.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #2 on: 31 December 2011, 07:01:43 PM »
Yeah i was fine with 40 though there are only really maybe 5 guys at most that has a real shot at winning.

Offline chappers

• Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
« Reply #3 on: 31 December 2011, 08:42:57 PM »
I know this has a really slim chance of happening, however I would love to see it happen and it would tie in really well with his current storyline. What if Drew McIntyre won the rumble? The guy has been brought back on the show by Teddy Long as he feels he has something to offer, despite him needing to prove himself. Instead of winning he could lose all his matches leading up to the rumble and be threatened to a sack if he doesn't win the rumble. The WWE have had a thing lately (most notably with Daniel Bryan), where they'll give someone a losing streak to overcome the odds. I dunno it just striked me as possibly being an interesting result for someone who could be credible at the top.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #4 on: 1 January 2012, 01:27:41 AM »
I would buy it if Drew hadn't been off TV for the last 3 months. As much as it should be about pushing new stars, they have to be legitimate stars nonetheless. Giving Drew the Rumble after burying him all year would probably piss off a lot of people backstage. I wouldn't even want to see that happen.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #5 on: 1 January 2012, 01:37:44 AM »
That picture looks like Ted off of How I Met Your Mother with a turban.

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
« Reply #6 on: 1 January 2012, 05:43:24 PM »
Last years Rumble poster was amazing. This years is shit.
I think the most likely candidates would be (ready for a list prax?)
1. Dolph Ziggler
2. The Miz
3. John Cena
4. Cody Rhodes
5. Chris Jericho

I would say CM Punk too if he didn't hold the title.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: 2 January 2012, 01:48:45 AM »
I don't really think Ziggler is the favorite at all. i think he's great qand he's one of if not my favorite wrestler but i don't think they would give him the rumble win just yet. Maybe next year.

Most people seem to think we will get Punk vs Jericho at Mania. so it will probably be for the WWE title. So i think Jericho is the odds on favorite to win the rumble this year.

1. Jericho
2. Miz. Hasn't had a full blown one on one feud with Punk and is the biggest name in terms of current heels in the WWE.
3. Orton. In his home town and this whole injury thing just makes me think he will win it more. He would face someone on SD since he and Punk faced at last years mania.
4. Sheamus. They have pushed him and pushed him and pushed him and he's one of the biggest stars on SD. Makes me wonder could we have Bryan vs Sheamus at this years mania for the world title? last year we got screwed out of that same match but for the US title. it happened in the pre show.
5. Barret/Henry. Originally this would be for Henry. he has ha da great year and i could see him winning the rumble but i really don't know if he will even be in it since he's injured and i don't know when he will be back. Barret they have been building up a lot lately and i could see Barret vs Bryan or Barret vs Sheamus at mania.

The Rest:
As for Ziggler he will have a good showing if he's in it but i think he may actually beat punk this monday and win the WWe title and then lose it back to punk at mania.
Rhodes is the IC champ so i think he will have his own things going for him at mania. maybe a match against his brother.
Del Rio won it last year so i really doubt he will win it.
Taker and Triple H are beyond the rumble at this point and will probably just face eachother.
Nash and Kane i don't see winning.
Show will probably be facing Bryan at the rumble.
And John Cena has his match against Rock so i don't know hwy he would win.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #8 on: 2 January 2012, 03:03:28 AM »
I don't see how Ziggler can be possibly winning the world title next week but not a contender for the Rumble. Unless he gets a world title match at the PPV he has to be a favorite, he's in the exact same spot as Del Rio was last year only with an even bigger pedigree. If he's in it, he's my favorite. If not, I'm going Sheamus, I think with Orton out he has a lot of momentum and he's been out of the title scene for too long.

Offline J.D

• Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
« Reply #9 on: 2 January 2012, 03:43:59 AM »
Don't know how I forgot Sheamus, definitely a favourite. I don't see Orton winning myself, nor Henry. Perhaps Barrett.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: 2 January 2012, 07:51:12 AM »
Well to me Ziggler is more in the same spot morrison was last year...or even Ziggler himself. just last year on SD around this time he had pretty much the same exact thing happen. he lost his mid card title and then won a number 1 contenders match and got the world title shot at the Rumble. Del Rio seemed to be in the main event from the start. I don't know maybe i just don't want to get my hopes up.

I can't believe you guys don't think Jericho is the favorite it seems so obvious he's never won the rumble and if he wins then he faces punk at mania which has been rumored for so long.

Offline chappers

• Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
« Reply #11 on: 2 January 2012, 01:42:13 PM »
I wouldn't write off Kane, the guy is one of the longest serving wrestlers with the company and a big name. He's returned with his mask on which gives him his character back, and he's now on the slide at the start of the show, which in my eyes spells a push.

Offline J.D

« Reply #12 on: 2 January 2012, 11:21:49 PM »
Well to me Ziggler is more in the same spot morrison was last year...or even Ziggler himself. just last year on SD around this time he had pretty much the same exact thing happen. he lost his mid card title and then won a number 1 contenders match and got the world title shot at the Rumble. Del Rio seemed to be in the main event from the start. I don't know maybe i just don't want to get my hopes up.

I can't believe you guys don't think Jericho is the favorite it seems so obvious he's never won the rumble and if he wins then he faces punk at mania which has been rumored for so long.

My list isn't in order so I agree about Jericho being a favourite.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #13 on: 4 January 2012, 07:41:32 AM »

I think Ziggler wasn't ready last year. Now he's had a full year of matches with people in the main event and I really think he's matured into a potential top-level heel. It's remarkable how he's in pretty much the exact situation he was in 12 months ago, and it's a shame he's basically guaranteed to not get the title at the Rumble or at best get a short run to the Elimination Chamber. Obviously he won't be in the Rumble. I really thought this could have been this year and while the consolation is obviously a title match it's weird that they'd keep him out two years running.

And I wanted to see how Jericho returned before thinking about how the Rumble would play out for him. My major thought right now is that that's when Orton returns, and he and Jericho eliminate each other since it was Orton that took him out last time.

I wouldn't write off Kane, the guy is one of the longest serving wrestlers with the company and a big name. He's returned with his mask on which gives him his character back, and he's now on the slide at the start of the show, which in my eyes spells a push.

I don't really see how much more legit you can get from his last run, he was world champ for the longest time. I like his gimmick now but let's be honest, he's been back, what, 3 weeks and they haven't put him in a match yet. Do you think they trust him physically with a wrestlemania main event? He's a gimmick now, and he'll be used at such. That said he could have a dominant Rumble match.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
« Reply #14 on: 4 January 2012, 12:56:34 PM »
I'm thinking the final car now will be.

Rumble
Punk vs Ziggler
Bryan vs Henry vs Show
Kane vs Cena
Miz vs Truth (both still in the rumble)
Maybe one more match. Something with the Divas or a taq title match.

All and all looks like a good show. will be interesting to see where they go with the world title. i really have no idea whats gonna happen with it come mania. Like i said i think Jericho will probably win the rumble match but i haven't really given much thought of him going after the world title. but maybe he does and we get Jericho vs Bryan which would be great or Jericho vs Orton which would also be great and a match i would prefer over Punk vs Jericho. that would leave Punk vs Miz more than likely which i think could be really good if they actually build the miz up again.