Author Topic: *OFFICIAL* SmackDown! Discussion Thread: 23rd December 2011  (Read 958 times)

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
*OFFICIAL* SmackDown! Discussion Thread: 23rd December 2011
« on: 24 December 2011, 12:02:28 AM »
Quote from: WWE.com
Daniel Bryan shocked the world at WWE TLC, and was victorious in a Six-Man Tag Match on Raw SuperShow. How will former champions Big Show and Mark Henry respond tonight on SmackDown?
Quote from: CM Punk
Please, if you say ‘Because it’s your destiny’, I swear to jeebus I’m going to start drinking.

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
Re: *OFFICIAL* SmackDown! Discussion Thread: 23rd December 2011
« Reply #1 on: 24 December 2011, 09:18:09 AM »
I didn't understand why Show was not number one contender. He was the last one with the title  :eek:

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #2 on: 24 December 2011, 11:04:16 AM »
Well all champions are supposed to get a rematch so both show and Henry were entitled to a championship match.

Offline chappers

• Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
« Reply #3 on: 25 December 2011, 11:57:04 AM »
This was probably the best episode of Smackdown in a very long time, the match with Bryan and Ziggler at the end of the show was phenomenal. Kind of annoying that it ended up as a tag match but even then I still enjoyed it. Barretts promo was awesome, i loved how patronising he was towards Daniel Bryan being champion and the brawl afterwards in the back was awesome; only complaint here was the water spray which seemed so tame and out of place. The first promo was pretty good as well between Bryan/Show and Henry. Miz's promo was good, I feel like the guy can say the right words but he just doesn't execute them right, glad Sheamus beat him and maybe this will lead to a feud (something Sheamus needs; he has had no direction all year). Some standard matches including the Sheamus one as well as Kingston/Primo and Ryder/Rhodes made for a good show. No divas is always a good thing.

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: 25 December 2011, 04:16:40 PM »
only complaint here was the water spray which seemed so tame and out of place.
I know what you mean, that just seemed odd and wasn't really needed.
Quote from: CM Punk
Please, if you say ‘Because it’s your destiny’, I swear to jeebus I’m going to start drinking.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #5 on: 27 December 2011, 05:56:23 AM »
The water spray was meant to be humiliating. No different that dumping garbage on him. Barrett oversold it though. Anyway, I agree, this was a great SD and I loved the backstage brawl, not nearly enough of those these days.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.