Ricardo Rodriguez
3 (33.3%)
Michael Cole
3 (33.3%)
Eric Bischoff
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: 28 December 2011, 08:58:05 PM

Author Topic: 2011 Wrestling Fusion End Of Year Awards - Best Non Wrestling Personality  (Read 1737 times)

Offline Fluttershy

• My Secret Combination
  • My Little Pony, My Little Pony
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Bella Twins, Beth Phoenix, Gail Kim, KHARMA, Maryse, Vickie Guerrero, AJ, Layla, Natalya, Rosa Mendes, Tara, Winter, Cherry, Ivory, Jazz, Jillian Hall, Lena Yada, Lita, Melina, Molly Holly, Nidia, Sable, Stephanie McMahon, Stacy Keibler, Torrie Wilson,
2011 Wrestling Fusion End Of Year Awards - Best Non Wrestling Personality
And the nominees are:

Christy Hemme

Karen Jarrett

Vickie Guerrero

Ricardo Rodriguez

Michael Cole

Eric Bischoff

Offline Majin HoHo

• Life is a Team Sport
Vickie Guerrero was my pick.When Vickie just comes out she gets a reaction from the crowd.WWE one day, just have her say nothing the whole match when she is with Swagger or Ziggler, I bet they boo her harder! Excuse me, she's like Sherri Martel.She is that annoying like a Bee flying around.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
I voted Ricardo. Closest thing to a traditional manager we've seen in 15 years.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline chappers

• Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
Michael Cole, the guy knows the business very well and it shows and he has scored a lot of heat this year and comes out with some hilarious lines. Vickie hasn't done anything original for a very long time so she loses my vote there. I would give credit to Ricardo as well as he can be awesome and I find his curtains and tuxedo hilarious. Also where's John Laurinaitis, that guy is awesome!

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
Where's Johnny Ace? I voted Michael Cole anyway, say what you want about him but he is the most interesting non-wrestling personality.

Offline narcolepsy

I love me some Ricardo Rodriguez, but Michael Cole literally impacts everything you see and hear each and every Monday Night Raw.  He was technically the GM for half the year and the rest of the time he's building up the heels or making the faces sympathetic for being the asshole that he was.  Vickie Guerrero is there for cheap heat, she honestly doesn't have to say anything anymore and the crowd will boo.  Michael Cole's January to March heel run will be unrivaled for a long time, but he jumped the shark from Wrestlemania till they calmed him down the last few months.

Offline Rhymin' Greiman

• Super Duper Moderator
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Kane, Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Randy Orton, Bryan Danielson, The Miz, and RVD
I voted Cole... could easily walk away with both the Best and the Worst.  The guy gets the heat he demands and nobody gets under the fan's skin more than he does... but at the same time we can only tolerate his bullshit for so long before it all comes crashing down on the viewers at home that have to listen to this character for 4 hours each week.  His constant talking down to people clearly superior to him, in my opinion, just gets annoying.  Especially during matches where he'll do his best to avoid talking about the action going on in the ring and basically just bring up JR, Danielson, and his many other hated "rivals".  It's getting out of hand and I'm sure he's one of the many reasons that the ratings have suffered so much recently.  I admit I missed having a heel commentator, but Cole just tries way too hard... as did Vince and whomever else is feeding him his stupid hateful lines (especially considering the WWE is in the middle of an anti-bullying campaign.  I guess it just bothers me that nobody has really gotten in Cole's face about anything...

Offline chappers

• Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
I know what you mean with Cole and you raise some good points, I think he suits some audiences but I think he could easily make the whole show intolerable for others. Personally I feel he is one of the few genuine and real characters on the programme, so many people just seem like products (like Cole's commentary partners Jerry Lawler and Josh Matthews) that he stands out in comparison. Honestly though, I actually think he's probably the best commentator the WWE has. Whilst he can go off on rants a lot, which imo can be funny (although I know for others its annoying), when he calls a match he's normally the best at doing it and to be honest, he's far better then the majority of the other commentators. Lawler is dated, Matthews just seems kind of lame and doesn't have much of a personality but I like him in backstage interviews, JR whilst good at calling a match he wouldn't work due to Cole being on both shows, and Booker, I'll admit I used to slate him however he has improved a lot and he's probably in my fav five (couldn't resist), but I wouldn't say he's better then Cole. I would personally like to see Foley and JR do Smackdown again, I remember them both doing it shortly a while ago and it worked fine, and RAW should be Cole and Booker T. I agree 4 hours of Cole would be too much for most people. Have Stryker and Matthews backstage and I think the whole thing would work a treat. I just doubt Lawler being given the boot as he's been a staple for so long now but he just doesn't do anything new and comes out with such poor obvious comebacks and adds nothing to a match, its kind of boring.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
Man, if you guys give this to cole he's never going to let it go...

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Rhymin' Greiman

• Super Duper Moderator
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Kane, Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Randy Orton, Bryan Danielson, The Miz, and RVD
Man, if you guys give this to cole he's never going to let it go...

Aww shit....

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
Re: 2011 Wrestling Fusion End Of Year Awards - Best Non Wrestling Personality
« Reply #10 on: 16 December 2011, 12:29:29 AM »
I pretty much agree 100 percent with what chappers and narc said.

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: 23 December 2011, 01:26:21 AM »
I'm a big fan of Ricardo Rodriguez, and I love to hate Michael Cole, but my vote has to be Vickie. With just two words ("excuse me!") she can get instant heat, and the crowd loves to see her get her comeuppance (which usually results in her throwing a tantrum).
Quote from: CM Punk
Please, if you say ‘Because it’s your destiny’, I swear to jeebus I’m going to start drinking.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #12 on: 23 December 2011, 05:15:27 AM »
I voted Ricardo. i really enjoy seeing him and honestly he's my favorite part about del rio at this point. Cole is big for the company but what he did this year with king and JR was just horrible. Vickie is great but this year wasn't her best in terms of standing out.