Linked Events

• WWE TLC: 18 December 2011

Author Topic: *OFFICIAL* TLC 2011 PPV Thread & Discussion  (Read 3330 times)

Offline Fluttershy

• My Secret Combination
  • My Little Pony, My Little Pony
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Bella Twins, Beth Phoenix, Gail Kim, KHARMA, Maryse, Vickie Guerrero, AJ, Layla, Natalya, Rosa Mendes, Tara, Winter, Cherry, Ivory, Jazz, Jillian Hall, Lena Yada, Lita, Melina, Molly Holly, Nidia, Sable, Stephanie McMahon, Stacy Keibler, Torrie Wilson,
*OFFICIAL* TLC 2011 PPV Thread & Discussion
« on: 2 December 2011, 06:09:30 PM »

Don't miss TLC LIVE December 18th 2011, exclusively on pay-per-view.

World Heavyweight Champion Mark Henry vs. Big Show

WWE Championship Triple Threat TLC Match

Triple H vs. Kevin Nash (Sledgehammer Ladder Match)

United States Champion Dolph Ziggler vs. Zack Ryder

Intercontinental Champion Cody Rhodes vs. Booker T

Randy Orton vs. Wade Barrett

Offline chappers

• Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
Re: *OFFICIAL* TLC 2011 PPV Thread & Discussion
« Reply #1 on: 2 December 2011, 08:28:43 PM »
3 Hour Iron Man match between Mark Henry and Big Show

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
« Reply #2 on: 11 December 2011, 02:05:21 PM »
Every match on this card is awesome bar Henry/Show. Who will Cena face though?

Offline chappers

• Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
« Reply #3 on: 11 December 2011, 06:56:36 PM »
I think Cena will worm his way into the title match,, if not, maybe some build between him and The Rock at the PPV? I agree though that this is looking to be a good PPV with the return of Booker and Nash in the ring as well as some good build so far in the matches between Ryder and Ziggler, Punk/Del Rio/Miz, Orton/Barrett and Rhodes and Booker. Nash has cut some good promos to build his match and I like the idea of the stipulation between him and Triple H, I hope Nash wins. I just don't see why Big Show and Henry needed to be continued to this PPV, I hope Henry retains and the feud ends with someone stepping in like Barrett, Sheamus or Bryan come the Rumble, mainly Barrett and Sheamus as both of these guys have been consistent this year and haven't had an opportunity yet which is bollocks imo. I hope Bryan cashes in on Henry as I feel the build between the two would be wasted otherwise.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #4 on: 12 December 2011, 07:02:10 AM »
Why so much hate for Henry/Show? The match will be a little dull but the feud's been great. Nash/HHH will probably get dropped somehow. Punk/Berto/Miz seems like filler, not really interested in the feud (but the individual storylines are good). Wondering where Cena fits into all of this...

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
« Reply #5 on: 12 December 2011, 11:50:29 AM »
I don't mind Henry if he is fighting a smaller opponent but when he fights Big Show it is, as you said dull. I don't have much interest in the Big Show in general.

Offline Majin HoHo

• Life is a Team Sport
« Reply #6 on: 15 December 2011, 10:20:06 PM »
Is WWE checking Punk's drawing power with TLC

Is this a test hell yeah.Kane vs Cena could happen, but WWE wants to see if Punk can put butts in the seats, and to see if the buyrate for the PPV will be higher or about the same if he's in the Main Event rather than Cena.Also if the PPV does well, Punk might be WWE Champion after WM, maybe close to a year

Offline chappers

« Reply #7 on: 16 December 2011, 01:49:23 AM »
Is WWE checking Punk's drawing power with TLC

Is this a test hell yeah.Kane vs Cena could happen, but WWE wants to see if Punk can put butts in the seats, and to see if the buyrate for the PPV will be higher or about the same if he's in the Main Event rather than Cena.Also if the PPV does well, Punk might be WWE Champion after WM, maybe close to a year
A good point here, and it could possibly lead to a Cena heel turn. We've been teased lately on this as well imo with the WWE bringing up the lets go Cena/Cena sucks chants into the buildup to the match with The Rock.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #8 on: 16 December 2011, 06:53:55 PM »
That's a very interesting point. Two days to the show Cena doesn't have a match, Orton is one of the lowest ranked on the card, Triple H/Nash has had little fanfare and the co-main event has 2 big men that aren't exactly top draws. They're definitely testing Punk, although a late december PPV probably doesn't have high buys expectations.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #9 on: 19 December 2011, 07:34:01 PM »
John Cena was backstage at the PPV, but was kept off the card for creative reasons. Although some had speculated a potential Cena injury, the reality is that WWE felt it was time for other talent to be focused on. Cena's story line with Kane is expected to kick off tonight on Raw.

So, they finally decide it's time to push someone else after half a decade, and it's when Cena's character might be the most interesting and he's heading into the feud of the century. #WWELogic.

Offline Adampro123

• Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #10 on: 19 December 2011, 11:14:51 PM »
my keyboard is messed up and im using a virtual one now so i dont want to say much because i hate this thing. But had to say awesome ppv. Best since MITB.