Author Topic: WWE Smackdown Taping Results - 11/25/11  (Read 692 times)

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
WWE Smackdown Taping Results - 11/25/11
« on: 23 November 2011, 12:56:14 PM »
Reader Adam H. is in attendance for tonight's WWE SmackDown tapings in Wilkes Barre, PA and is sending in text message updates.

WWE Smackdown (Airing Friday)
The crowd came alive for Booker T, maybe since they don't have to listen to him. Michael Cole entered to no music and monster heat. The "We Want Ryder" chants started. Josh Mathews came out and it was like nobody noticed.

A Mark Henry promo started the show. He said the people are happy to see him in pain and we should give him more respect for being champing. He said he's hurt but not broken. He said it was actually Big Show's fault that he kicked him below the belt at Survivor Series. Big Show comes out and explained why Henry kicked him. Henry said Big Show is the world's largest loser, which set up Big Show knocking him out.

Daniel Bryan ran out and cashed in his Money in the Bank contract and pinned Henry. The place went nuts. However, Teddy Long came out and said that Mark Henry could not compete, so the title change does not stand.

Long gave Bryan his briefcase back and told him that he's in the main event with Cody Rhodes, Wade Barrett, and Randy Orton in a four-way match to determine the No. 1 contender for the live Smackdown next week. He said the winner of that match would face Big Show, but he didn't say when (presumably TLC).

Hunico defeated Justin Gabriel. The crowd could not have cared less about this match.

Beth Phoenix and Natalya beat A.J. and Kaitlyn. Alicia Fox was out for commentary. There were more We Want Ryder chants. Natalya won in a minute with Sharpshooter and Beth didn't even tag in. Natalya kept AJ in a Sharpshooter but bridged down (awesome). Alicia Fox entered the ring, and Beth and Natalya just left without incident.

The Kane video from Raw aired.

Backstage, Zack Ryder and Sheamus went over their match. Ryder did the "Woo Woo Woo" and Sheamus said the "you know it" line.

Teddy Long and Aksana are backstage. Mark Henry confronts Long about having to defend his title next week. In spite of that, Long makes next week's title match a steel cage match.

Zack Ryder & Sheamus defeated Jack Swagger & Dolph Ziggler

Daniel Bryan & AJ are backstage. They both talk about how they've had bad luck tonight before Bryan is interrupted by Wade Barrett, who says that he'll win the fatal four-way match tonight. Barrett walks off and Bryan and AJ end the segment by kissing.

Ted DiBiase defeated Heath Slater. Jinder Mahal appears on the tron and says that DiBiase is disrespecting his heritage by holding his DiBiase Posse Parties with common WWE fans.

Matt Striker interviewed Cody Rhodes backstage. Rhodes said that he threw water in Booker T's face on Raw because he looked at Rhodes the wrong way. He said he'll win the fatal four-way match tonight, and he says that he "can dig that, sucka!"

Daniel Bryan defeated Randy Orton, Cody Rhodes, & Wade Barrett to become the #1 Contender. Bryan will now face Mark Henry next week in a steel cage match for the World Heavyweight Championship. After the match, Rhodes ambushed Bryan and started beating him down. Orton stopped Rhodes with an RKO to end the show.

Smackdown looks like a must watch for the Bryan stuff. Really interesting what they did. The Teddy long saying it doesn't count just seem wrong but at the same time this is a nice way to build bryan up with him getting the win in the main event and hopefully this leads to him cashing it in and winning at mania.

On a side note this Adam H guy sounds like a douche.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
Re: WWE Smackdown Taping Results - 11/25/11
« Reply #1 on: 24 November 2011, 04:10:28 PM »
Because, every MITB cash in ever hasn't been when the champions are incapacitated? BS cop out in order to bait and switch the fans. Not to mention Bryan broke his Wrestlemania promise. I have a bad feeling about this, but should be interesting to see.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #2 on: 26 November 2011, 06:46:44 PM »
I enjoyed all the Bryan stuff, the backstage stuff the tease with him cashing in and the match at the end of the night. really im just glad that they got bryan doing something every week now.

Good mic work from Show and Henry. Show looked like a bad ass out there and im glad he wasn't wearing that awful beanie.

I have also grown to like booker on commentary more and more and cole is such a troll its starting to seem laughable again.

just seemed random.  it was an okay match but what i didn't like was no Primo and Epico i liked that group they had going but this makes me think they are scrapping it and going witha Hunico push.

Skipped the divas

Backstage stuff with Ryder and Sheamus was good. I've learned i like Sheamus on the mic backstage somewhat he just doesn't work to well on the in ring promo stuff in front of the crowed.

ZigSwag vs Sheamus & Ryder was good. I just love watching Ziggler wrestle.  i don't know about this new theme though. on a side note sheamus and Ryder just brings me back to when Sheamus gave Ryder a WWE title shot and i felt like i was the only Ryder fan back then.lol.

Dibiasie vs Slater was meh.I don't care to see Dibiasie and his Pedo-stash beat up some jobber every week. I would rather see a Justin Gabriel, JTG, Curt Hawkins or Tyson Kidd push. and him and jinder feuding? Psht who cares Jinder was never anything.

all and all a good smackdown. i wish christian would be on the show in some way even with the injury. at first it looked like that would be the case from last week but now things seem to have changed.

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
« Reply #3 on: 27 November 2011, 06:48:22 PM »
That European tour clip had some awesome shots of English cities but I'm SICK of hearing Miz doing that English accent. Do American's actually think that is a good impression? Because I'm going to be honest Miz sounds NOTHING like an English person, he doesn't even sound like he's impersonating one. I don't mind Miz now as much (mainly because he isn't champion) but his impressions do grate on me a lot, he's like that guy we all know who thinks he is funnier and smarter than he actually is.

Anyway I was happy for Bryan, then wasn't then was again. I hope this is a chance to make him win a better, cleaner way and not an excuse to bury him but I'm skeptical  :(

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: 27 November 2011, 07:20:45 PM »
Good episode of SmackDown!, especially all the things with Daniel Bryan.

What I can't help but wonder is - if Bryan becomes the Champion and still holds the Money In The Bank briefcase too, does that mean it would somehow get turned into a shot at the WWE Championship instead?

I don't think it very likely that they will have him win the World Heavyweight Championship without cashing in the Money In The Bank briefcase, but it's still something that made me wonder as if they did it could offer the opportunity to do something unique (or at least unexpected).
Quote from: CM Punk
Please, if you say ‘Because it’s your destiny’, I swear to jeebus I’m going to start drinking.

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
« Reply #5 on: 28 November 2011, 11:20:50 AM »
I see Bryan losing then Barrett or Orton being the guy to beat Henry and Bryan cashing in and winning on Barrett/Orton. Just can't see them having a guy of Bryan's size beat a guy of Henry's.