Author Topic: Will SD! get raped at the draft?  (Read 1324 times)

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
Will SD! get raped at the draft?
« on: 16 June 2008, 04:37:43 AM »
Well as much as the draft has become a yearly tradition, or just about, in the WWE, so has the picking of talent from SD. With rumors swirling that Cena will be headed to SD, one has to wonder, with that level of talent going TO Smackdown, what will be taken away from Smackdown!?

I personally figured that Batista would make the most sense to jump brands. He's even been facing RAW talent since Wrestlemania! There's nothing left for him on SD and it truly is time for a switch, for some fresh feuds, and there are plenty of them on RAW.

Will any other top level talent from Smackdown! be headed over to RAW? I can't think of anyone else that would make sense, but who are we kidding, WWE's in no state to be making sense.

But the real question is whether the picking of talent out of Smackdown is really a bad thing. I mean, despite the yearly tradition of RAW winning drafts, Smackdown's! ratings remain constant for several factors that are familiar to all. I say let raw get the better talent, they need it, Smackdown! will survive and will continue with good feuds.

But it's nice that they'd be arguably getting the best talent in the crop if they really are going to get Cena.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Mini Kong

• Ari Gold is GOD!!
« Reply #1 on: 16 June 2008, 04:43:30 AM »
What about Mysterio heading to RAW?
That was a hot a rumor for a while back, think it will still happen prax?
"This is my welcome!"
Shame on TNA for letting go one of the best female wrestlers in the world.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #2 on: 16 June 2008, 04:50:02 AM »
Well there's that whole apparent thing that WWE wants all the latino/spanish wrestlers in SD because of the high latino ratings they get. But frankly I don't see the need for Rey on SD. I'd rather him face people on ECW so I'm not sure if I'd like the switch, unless they go through with something I've been thinking about lately...

I kinda have a feeling this draft will involve the fact that ECW will be taping with RAW starting soon. I don't know how they can pull off drafting an entire show over to RAW but anyway. If that happens I don't mind Rey on RAW but I want to see him feud with Shelton when he comes back so we'll see.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #3 on: 16 June 2008, 10:07:37 AM »
I say send MVP to raw and that would make sense. if any of you ahve been watching in the past weeks MVP has been bitching how he isn't being used right on smackdown and he wants to renegotiate his deal.

and also maybe even send CM Punk to raw. i mean he is MR Money and the bank and he is jobbing more than he has ever jobbed since winning i think if he is gonna win a title besides the ECW one they need to start pushing him and making him win more matches on a bigger stage.

But
hopefully smackdown won't get gutted. they seem to always get screwed in the draft...even back to there 1st draft pick ever the rock. he wrestled a couple times on smackdown and then left the WWE and only showed up every now and then on raw. then s/d drafted benoit and when he came back he went to raw.....they also drafted higan and he was out of WWE by the summer that year.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #4 on: 16 June 2008, 03:58:12 PM »
But like I said I don't think it matters if they get gutted or not, they always seem to have the ability to make new stars and survive with consistent ratings.

Like I said I think one of two things will happen:

a) All of ECW will be drafted to raw somehow, lol.

b) SD will  get one big superstar (Cena) and a few lesser names, and RAW will get a main eventer and a couple upper midcarders.

The one they did where the brands wrestled for draft choices was pretty cool, maybe they'll do that again.

Offline kertonl

« Reply #5 on: 16 June 2008, 09:12:15 PM »
i doubt they will get raped.

Xbox Live GT: kertonl

Offline Fluttershy

• My Secret Combination
  • My Little Pony, My Little Pony
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Bella Twins, Beth Phoenix, Gail Kim, KHARMA, Maryse, Vickie Guerrero, AJ, Layla, Natalya, Rosa Mendes, Tara, Winter, Cherry, Ivory, Jazz, Jillian Hall, Lena Yada, Lita, Melina, Molly Holly, Nidia, Sable, Stephanie McMahon, Stacy Keibler, Torrie Wilson,
« Reply #6 on: 16 June 2008, 09:22:13 PM »
Well SmackDown always end up losing their big stars to Raw, whilst only getting mid card wrestlers back from Raw, but TBH SmackDown is the best place for these Mid Card wrestlers they get more time to perform and have more chance of reaching a higher level, SmackDown don’t really get many big names at the draft but they get wrestlers that are capable of having a long solid match, so this year I would expect the likes of Shelton, Carlito And possibly Charlie Haas to be brought over to SmackDown, whilst Raw get the likes of The Undertaker and Batista so it looks like Raw get the better of the draft but SmackDown get the better potential stars.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #7 on: 16 June 2008, 09:23:29 PM »
lol I think I accidentally put this in the ECW section. Can someone move it please :)

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #8 on: 16 June 2008, 10:56:44 PM »
Quote from: Booty luv;316
Well SmackDown always end up losing their big stars to Raw, whilst only getting mid card wrestlers back from Raw, but TBH SmackDown is the best place for these Mid Card wrestlers they get more time to perform and have more chance of reaching a higher level, SmackDown don

Offline Dale

« Reply #9 on: 16 June 2008, 11:25:25 PM »
Quote from: Adampro123;374
It really doesn't makesense to move a ECW guy tosmackdown beings they have a talent exchange and ECW guys can wrestle on smackdown anytime they want and vise versa.

But surely the talent exchange will come to and end when the ECW roster travels on the road with the RAW roster to replace Heat. Which when you think about it would be awesome to have RAW and ECW continue the talent exchange when you think of the amount of people on the RAW roster who are never used, Venis, Super Crazy etc etc etc.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: 17 June 2008, 12:38:16 AM »
Quote from: Mickify Me!;402
But surely the talent exchange will come to and end when the ECW roster travels on the road with the RAW roster to replace Heat. Which when you think about it would be awesome to have RAW and ECW continue the talent exchange when you think of the amount of people on the RAW roster who are never used, Venis, Super Crazy etc etc etc.

Yeah i was thinking that too. i even said taht earlier in another post.lol. i just wasn't sure what was gonna happen because i don't think they have said anything about the smackdown/ecw exchange ending.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #11 on: 17 June 2008, 12:55:54 AM »
Quote from: Mickify Me!;402

Well I think that whether they do an actual talent exchange or not they'll still have guys like Venis and Super Crazy work ECW. But you're right the talent exchange has to end, I'm curious to see how they work that out.

Offline squeaksjr

« Reply #12 on: 18 June 2008, 03:38:40 PM »
face it smackdown is the B show if that and has very little major talent thats ether cause of wwes refusal to push anyone or cause there just not good i meen lets face it Lugar said it himself Batista is boring hes the same in any match , rey is a charity case so he wont get a shot again, so realy could any superstar be good on any other show in short No

if there is any good tallent waiting they may be taken to raw or ecw cause god knows thre wasted on smackdown so yes smackdown will be raped unless they do what they did last year and have them all figth and gain some new talentto save them

if they gain HBK, Y2J burchill or any of the major raw names i will jsut freak
Frreebirds runnin wild and free, you never gonna put a set of chains on me
freebirds gonna take you all down, but you\'ll never find your way out of freebird town

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
« Reply #13 on: 19 June 2008, 07:13:52 PM »
Just a update on ECW taping with raw. now it won't start until August 1st. so maybe they will somehow do a merge then but for now looks like ECW and s/d will stay together.