Author Topic: OVW Becomes TNA's New Training & Development Facility  (Read 1456 times)

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
OVW Becomes TNA's New Training & Development Facility
« on: 9 November 2011, 05:19:47 AM »
TNA Signs Training & Development Deal With OVW - Wrestling Fusion - TNA have announced that they have entered into an exclusive relationship with Ohio Valley Wrestling as a training and developmental facility for their current and future stars.

OVW was used as the official developmental facility for the WWE until they decided to end the relationship in 2008 and move their contracted developmental talent to Florida Championship Wrestling.

I'd like to think that this can only be a good thing for wrestlers to get recognised, but do you think that it will make much of a difference in reality?
Quote from: CM Punk
Please, if you say ‘Because it’s your destiny’, I swear to jeebus I’m going to start drinking.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
Re: OVW Becomes TNA's New Training & Development Facility
« Reply #1 on: 9 November 2011, 05:53:26 PM »
Brain... can't... handle... irony...

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline chappers

• Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
« Reply #2 on: 9 November 2011, 06:18:13 PM »
We really need a, "TNA has acquired [INSERT SOMETHING WWE FORMERLY OWNED]" thread.

Offline Rhymin' Greiman

• Super Duper Moderator
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Kane, Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Randy Orton, Bryan Danielson, The Miz, and RVD
« Reply #3 on: 9 November 2011, 06:47:01 PM »
So it this like TNA's version of revenge?  Not sure if serious...

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #4 on: 9 November 2011, 07:43:20 PM »
I don't see the problem. It's the biggest name out there for the development territories something TNA hasn't had before and it will help them make their own wresters for the future and maybe it will make them rely on former WWE stars less.

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: 9 November 2011, 09:09:36 PM »
We really need a, "TNA has acquired [INSERT SOMETHING WWE FORMERLY OWNED]" thread.
They don't own them (and I don't think the WWE did either), they have just entered into an agreement with them.
Quote from: CM Punk
Please, if you say ‘Because it’s your destiny’, I swear to jeebus I’m going to start drinking.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #6 on: 9 November 2011, 09:44:51 PM »
I don't see the problem. It's the biggest name out there for the development territories something TNA hasn't had before and it will help them make their own wresters for the future and maybe it will make them rely on former WWE stars less.

It doesn't really make any sense. They're based out of Florida, or the Southeast, to generalize, and they're a relatively small promotion, so why go with a company all the way in Ohio, other than for name value? They'll have their own trainers there and their own talent, so it makes literally no sense. There are plenty of good promotions in the southeast that would have benefited a lot more from this than OVW. They did this because they used to be attached to WWE, and for no other reason.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #7 on: 10 November 2011, 01:54:57 AM »
Well yeah but i don't see how that is a problem? They have a good track record so why not go with that? Being from the southeast i can tell you i don't know any places like that down here that isn't already taken. ROH has FIP and WWE has FCW.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #8 on: 10 November 2011, 03:26:00 PM »
Well yeah but i don't see how that is a problem? They have a good track record so why not go with that? Being from the southeast i can tell you i don't know any places like that down here that isn't already taken. ROH has FIP and WWE has FCW.

I'm sure there are lots of places in Georgia or Tennessee they could use, or even in the Northeast. I just don't see how having a farm promotion all the way across the country benefits them. Their track record is getting fired by WWE. I fail to see how this benefits TNA, seeing as they're the ones training their wrestlers, not OVW. It's just a venue, and it's indicative of the fact that TNA can't make a move that hasn't been "approved" by WWE in the past (or at least rejected). It's lazy and stupid.

Offline Majin HoHo

• Life is a Team Sport
« Reply #9 on: 11 December 2011, 03:08:36 PM »
Source: The Pro Wrestling Torch

TNA has sent Anarquia and Rob Terry to Ohio Valley Wrestling for developmental work.

The two are scheduled for matches at Tuesday’s OVW show in New London, Indiana.
Anarquia and Rob Terry I don't really see either man making a impact in the end in TNA so having them off TV is good.I wanna see what OVW does in helping Neal, Sorrenson, Garrett and Zema.TNA is building Sorrenson as the next AJ Styles in their eyes.I think Zema is already ready to shine, just needs to build himself up on the microphone.As for Neal, I like his intensity, OVW will be good for Career.Garrett not sure what to do about it.We have only see bits and pieces on what he can do..so after his tour with OVW, we will either see the stock rise or fall with all of these men.What I wanna see as well is OVW come up to TNA.Any guys up there ready for the big-time?