Author Topic: *OFFICIAL* Raw Discussion Thread: 7th November 2011  (Read 645 times)

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
*OFFICIAL* Raw Discussion Thread: 7th November 2011
« on: 8 November 2011, 05:19:08 PM »
The crowd seemed to love Zack Ryder, though I did find it a little odd that at one point in the match they seemed to be ignoring what was happening to Ryder in the ring, and instead had Let's Go Cena/Cena sucks chants when Cena was only on the apron.

I think the crowd also cheered Ricardo Rodriguez when Justin Roberts introduced him. The "who are you" chants seemed a bit random to me, and I didn't like Kelly's magazine cover unveiling. I would have been cheering the interruption by Natalya and Beth, but the crowd apparently preferred Kelly.

Overall, there were a couple of good moments, but for the most part I didn't really enjoy Raw this week.
Quote from: CM Punk
Please, if you say ‘Because it’s your destiny’, I swear to jeebus I’m going to start drinking.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
Re: *OFFICIAL* Raw Discussion Thread: 7th November 2011
« Reply #1 on: 8 November 2011, 08:10:00 PM »
I Very much enjoyed Raw.

John Cena really did a good job of putting Zack Ryder over in the start of the show. Though Ryder already seemed over as it stood i think he may have been the most over of the night getting chants and the loudest pops of the night. I still don't like Miz & Truth in this role they seem more of comedy acts and I'll be glad when Awesome Truth separates.

Morrison vs Ziggler was really good. i liked that Morrison finally won and i liked that they brought in the losing streak storyline. though since it's broken it looks like that storyline may only last 1 week. I hope Morrison moves on to good things in the month though i can't really see it happening until after Survivor series since mostly every legit guy seems to be doing something already. Also i loved How ziggler had his shirt.

Mason Ryan vs JTG was meh. i think they expected a better reaction since they were in the UK but the guy pretty much got nothing or some boo's if anything. Glad to see JTG on the show though he's improved in a lot of ways.

Swagger vs Santino was just a way for Swagger to get his redemption after last week when they made him look like crap.

Kofi vs Del Rio was okay.

Really enjoyed the CM PUnk/ Del Rio stuff. i thought it was some of Punks best mic work in a long time and i think he was spot on with saying Del rio being 1 dimensional on the mic. this is something i have noticed since coming to Raw all his mic work pretty much seems the same and he's kind of started to bore me.

Kevin Nash segment was amazing! i loved it. Nash looked great i like his current look im not exactly sure what he changed but it worked for him he looked younger and more badass in a way. his mic work in this was perfect i remember just a couple of months ago how bad and unnatural he seemed on the mic but this just seemed to flow so well. everything made sense and i just really enjoyed this segment a lot more than i thought i would have.

Backstage stuff with Ryder and the Bellas was nice. Backstage stuff with Otunga, Punk and Johnny ace was nice. Looks like we will have to wait on the re-debut of brodus another week.

Skipped the diva's I love beth and natalya but im sick of this feud. And since when has Alicia just randomly joined Kelly and Eve Alicia was a heel not long ago.

Ryder & Cena vs Miz & Truth was a good match and i loved the "We Want Ryder" Chants even while John Cena was in the ring. i loved the "WOO WOO WOO" moments and the broski boot that both Cena and Ryder did. i also loved the 5 knuckle shuffle by both guys. I however didn't love the end of the match. so we are expected to believe just because Truth is holding one of John Cena's feet down he can't lift his arm to kick out...it makes no sense. especially since it wasn't even a finisher. and John Cena overcomes EVERYTHING.

Not a great Raw but i really enjoyed it. like i said last week i think it's because there is so much different stuff going on. a lot of mid card matches and of course i liked Morrison getting a win, i liked the punk stuff and the Nash stuff and of course the Ryder stuff.

Also it looks like the WWE will just keep the titles on Kofi and Evan despite the suspension beings it seems they are never losing the titles.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #2 on: 8 November 2011, 08:19:41 PM »
RAW was dece. Was in and out the most night but stuff I noticed/liked:

- Punk / Berto promo was great. I agree that this was Punk's best mic work in a while. It's funny that he called Berto out for being stale on the mic because he's kinda been sounding like a broken record himself lately. He needed to be able to talk about something other than the "state of the WWE" and he finally got that this week. Great promo.

- I get that the UK only gets to book Cena like once or twice a year but it was getting a little annoying. We get it, you don't like Cena. STFU about it already.

- Loved how they pushed Ryder, but I'm not confident it'll stick.

- Agreed with Adam about Nash. Great promo. I think it was just a matter of shaking the nerves. The guy's one of the better promo guys and what we saw a few weeks ago admiteddly wasn't him at his peak. This was great though.

- Kofi vs. Berto seemed like it wasn't longer than 30 seconds to me.

- Morrison vs. Dolph was great, loved the buildup around it too.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline chappers

• Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
« Reply #3 on: 10 November 2011, 10:27:37 AM »
I will disagree on Ryder getting the biggest pop, that went to Punk tbh, but Ryder definitely got a massive reaction. I honestly think the guy should main event at one point, I know others will disagree, but the guy is massively over and has that rare connection with the fans. The biggest question comes down to his gimmick I guess, but there's been plenty of guys who have started with gimmicks that were questionable and got somewhere, Triple H, Stone Cold, Orton, in a way Cena. In my opinion, I don't really care as he's good at making the gimmick funny, and its not like he's being pushed to be Santino bad.

As for RAW I enjoyed it this week, past two wrestling shows have garnered some interest from me to be honest. I guess my only complaints will be on the direction they are going with Swagger and Ziggler. Did anyone else uncontrollably laugh at Swagger's eye twitch lol? The end of the Cena/Ryder vs Miz/Truth match was such an anti-climatic finish, honestly don't think Miz should be in this match at survivor series, could maybe say the same for Truth especially given that he is still somewhat stigmatised for that massive losing streak he had for about 2-3 years, doesn't help that both guys can't get a clean victory over Cena either, let alone throwing The Rock into the mix.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #4 on: 10 November 2011, 03:22:04 PM »
The point of that Survivor Series match is to plug Cena vs. Rock, it could be Trent Barretta and Tyler Reks in there with them and it wouldn't really matter. At least Truth and Miz can get shitloads of heat and carry a match, regardless of whether they stand a legitimate shot at winning or not. And I doubt anyone is vilifying Truth for losing 3 years ago...

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.