Linked Events

• WWE Survivor Series: 20 November 2011

Author Topic: *OFFICIAL* Survivor Series 2011 PPV Thread & Discussion  (Read 1524 times)

Offline Fluttershy

• My Secret Combination
  • My Little Pony, My Little Pony
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Bella Twins, Beth Phoenix, Gail Kim, KHARMA, Maryse, Vickie Guerrero, AJ, Layla, Natalya, Rosa Mendes, Tara, Winter, Cherry, Ivory, Jazz, Jillian Hall, Lena Yada, Lita, Melina, Molly Holly, Nidia, Sable, Stephanie McMahon, Stacy Keibler, Torrie Wilson,
*OFFICIAL* Survivor Series 2011 PPV Thread & Discussion
« on: 2 November 2011, 04:59:01 PM »

Don't miss Survivor Serises LIVE November 20th 2011, exclusively on pay-per-view.

John Cena & The Rock vs. The Miz & R-Truth

WWE Champion Alberto Del Rio vs. CM Punk

World Heavyweight Champion Mark Henry vs. Big Show

Team Orton vs. Team Barrett (5-on-5 Traditional Survivor Series Tag Team Match)

United States Champion Dolph Ziggler vs. John Morrison

Divas Champion Beth Phoenix vs. Eve (Lumberjill Match)

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
Re: *OFFICIAL* Survivor Series 2011 PPV Thread & Discussion
« Reply #1 on: 2 November 2011, 06:01:04 PM »
I think the guys at WWE need to get a better version of photoshop.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #2 on: 7 November 2011, 11:15:48 PM »
Team Orton (Randy Orton,Sheamus,Kofi Kingston,Mason Ryan & Sin Cara) vs Team Barret (Wade Barret, Cody Rhodes, Christian, Jack Swagger & Hunico) has been confirmed via WWE.com.

I would think it would be called Team Orton vs Team Rhodes but they seem to be on a Barret kick now and off of the Rhodes kick they were on.

This also pretty much confirms Dolph Ziggler vs Zack Ryder for the US Title :D

Offline Majin HoHo

• Life is a Team Sport
« Reply #3 on: 17 November 2011, 06:55:52 PM »
The Miz and R-Truth vs. John Cena and The Rock
 Tag team match

Alberto Del Rio (c) vs. CM Punk
 Singles match for the WWE Championship

Mark Henry (c) vs. Big Show
 Singles match for the World Heavyweight Championship

Team Barrett^ vs. Team Orton#
 Traditional Survivor Series Elimination Tag Team match

Beth Phoenix (c) vs. Eve
 Singles match for the WWE Divas Championship

Dolph Ziggler (c) vs. John Morrison
 Singles match for the WWE United States Championship

Morrison in this match good for him, but I would rather had a triple threat match with Ryder involved where Morrison gets the upper hand on Ziggler and Ryder takes the advantage to win the belt.If they have stock and trust Ryder give him the belt if not let Ziggler keep it if this triple threat match doesn't happen! Eve vs Beth, keep that heel, badass chick going Beth wins because Eve already had her run with it, but I expect another match Beth later.Team Orton vs Barrett, Ziggler should be team captain or Rhodes, both hold championship.I expect a great match maybe with Orton and Rhodes at the end, but Orton wins...Henry vs Show if he reaches the level of excitement last time, then it will be solid, not great but solid to watch, Henry wins..welcome to hall of pain Show again! You know Punk vs Del Rio really interests me, as I think Punk will lose but win the belt at the Royal Rumble,  just to make the win there worth more...Main Event time, Rock/Cena vs Miz/Truth hard to decide who wins, I can see Rock and Cena turning on each other and Miz or Truth winning, or letting their egos go away and kill Awesome Truth.I think Rock and Cena wins but...either or Cena or Rock turn..hopefully Cena since he is going to be heel going into Miami for WM anyways...BL when is the predictions getting set up?

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #4 on: 17 November 2011, 10:52:56 PM »
I think the Ziggler vs Morrison match is there for storyline purposes FOR Zack Ryder. they are gonna be in Ryders home state in MSG. I'm willing to bet throughout most of the match the fans will be chanting "We Want Ryder" and at some point Ryder will be involved and he may even end up getting a title shot.

I'd like to see Morrison win but at the same time i think Ryder should be the next US Champion. then again this could be a way for Morrison to win and turn heel beings a lot of people think he's stale with what he's currently doing. He could win and then cut a promo on the fans for cheering for Ryder and not him, then start calling ryder a fake champion and bad mouthing him and stuff.

As for Ziggler i think he has to lose this match, he's beyond the US Championship at this point and should be pushed into the main event level. With him going double duty being in the survivor series match a lost of the US Championship followed by him being a survivor in the match could be really good for him or if he is one of the survivors in the match and then loses the US championship he doesn't look bad.

I Think Team Barret should win the 5 on 5 no one from Team Orton needs this win really. Sheamus and Orton are pushed to the moon. MAson Ryan is meh and just there because Evan smoked pot.. Sin Cara is doing his own thing in his own little bubble with Hunico and his group and Kofi is a Tag Team Champion who won't be getting a singles push for a while. on the other hand you got Swagger and Hunico which are the weak links of the team i don't see either of them surviving. but then you got Ziggler, Rhodes and Barret who could really benefit from this match.

I would like to say this would be the night Punk win the WWE title back but thats what everyone wants in MSG and this feud is gonna keep going until at least next month or maybe the Royal Rumble even so i kind of have a feeling WWE is going to pull something here and have a DQ finish or have ADR win in a cheap way and Punk just win the title at another event.

Henry vs Show i think could go either way. i think Henry is the favorite to win but they may give Show his last run as world champion. Then again Daniel BRyan has been very involved in this storyline for the World title and something tells me he's cashing in on this night and i don't know if he walks away with the championship or not or maybe just teases cashing in or almost cashes in. he's not in a match and i feel like he would be unless he was gonna do something involving that match.

Eve vs Beth is meh. I hope Beth wins. Beth needs new competition.

Rock & Cena vs Miz & Truth could go a lot of ways actually. Cena & Rock could have issues and then cost the other to lose the match or the other guy could out right turn on the other one. if ena Turns on the Rock and causes the Rock to lose that would be pretty huge. a lot of people would think it was a Cena heel turn of course it wouldn't be though but it would still be pretty big. but also they could just win and do a stare down at the end of the match. NAsh could get involved in here and then there's Miz and Truth who seem like they are just there in this match but could really gain a lot from it especially Truth.

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: 21 November 2011, 06:42:01 PM »
The "We Want Ryder" chants were clearly audible from the start, even in John Morrison's entrance and it also continued throughout the night at various points, not just in the match. Though I was glad to see him when he finally did appear, I was disappointed that it was after the match was over and he didn't get a title shot, but I guess they want to drag it out and maybe do a match at TLC.

Beth hitting the Glam Slam from the top rope in the Divas match to retain the title was good to see, but I think she should have had a different opponent instead of Eve Torres - and I don't mean Kelly Kelly either - as it doesn't seem like any of the other Divas have had a title shot for quite some time.

The Rock's promo backstage was entertaining, and though I thought the "lady parts" chant was a bit ridiculous, it wasn't surprising.

Surprised but glad to see Team Barrett get the win, I was expecting Orton to be the sole winning survivor and make the roll that Barrett and Rhodes have been on pointless. Was it my imagination, or did Cody Rhodes' entrance get a big cheer (seemingly the only one out of that team to get a cheer during the entrances if so)?

Henry vs. Show I wasn't a fan of - though I'd have to give Show credit for the diving elbow (even if he looked a bit shaky up there, which is understandable), and the ending suggests to me that it will continue for another month and end up with another match between the two at TLC (assuming it's not an injury write-off since Henry still has the title).

The R-Truth/pigeon thing got a small chuckle out of me until the "crap" part, seriously "crap is going to get got"?!

Loved the CM Punk/Alberto Del Rio match, as well as Howard Finkel being Punk's personal ring announcer.

Enjoyed the tag team match, but I couldn't help but think that the elbow looks a little too weak to be a credible finisher these days. The aftermath between Cena and The Rock was the type of thing I hoped to see, but I did think it seemed to be dragged out a little too long.

Overall, an entertaining PPV but I don't think that I would consider it to be the best so far this year, despite the build-up and focus of the Rock/Cena tag match. For me, that award would still have to go to Money In The Bank.
Quote from: CM Punk
Please, if you say ‘Because it’s your destiny’, I swear to jeebus I’m going to start drinking.

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
« Reply #6 on: 21 November 2011, 09:51:47 PM »
I agree that the elbow doesn't seem like a credible finisher. The Rock bottom is still awesome though (no pun intended and might I just say I bet you are getting tired of people saying that :P)

I felt the ending was a bit annoying in so far as Miz/Truth looking non-credible going in and losing but what do you expect with Cena and The Rock at the heart of this match? The match was about The Rock testing Cena and either Cena will become aggressive, violent and brutal towards The Rock to try win over the critics as opposed to being 'the friendly comedian' or he will turn full fledged heel.

Ziggler was awesome in the first match and the Ryder chants were cool.
And I noticed Rhodes got a huge pop too, they were even chanting Cody at two points within the match (when he got the pin on Ryan and when he mocked Orton's pose.)
To be honest Rhodes was amazing in this match, I loved it when he didn't want to go up against Ryan so slapped Hunico in, then his surprise element on Ryan was so cool and him stomping Orton's face in.

Sin Cara= LOL. Honestly what a botcher. I read that he is out for 6-9 months now! Hope its nothing serious but honestly this is why the guy sucks. He got like no reaction either.

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: 21 November 2011, 10:44:44 PM »
(no pun intended and might I just say I bet you are getting tired of people saying that :P)
I don't mind it at all, I knew it would be common when choosing this as a username. :P
Quote from: CM Punk
Please, if you say ‘Because it’s your destiny’, I swear to jeebus I’m going to start drinking.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: 21 November 2011, 11:14:06 PM »
Ziggler vs Morrison was great! and so were the ryder chants as well as predicted. i feel bad for morrison though i feel like if this ryder thing wasn't going on the crowed would have really been behind him but now i feel like since they weren't really into him He'll pay for it and start getting buried again. anyways great match loved it all was hoping Morrison would get the win and i think they could have been a bit more creative with the whole thing. Still great stuff though.

I skipped 95% of Beth vs Eve but i saw the end and that was fucking Awesome! another great MSG Moment.

Team Orton vs Team Barret i was immediately taken out of beings that Ziggler got eliminated right off the start and i felt like he could have became a star if he had a good showing in this match. Sin Carais a joke and really so is Mason Ryan at last when it comes to crowed reaction no one gives a damn about them. on the other hand Kofi Kingston is still really over. as is Cody Rhodes who was the star of this match. Swagger has also become a Joke and Hunico has somewhat impressed me since dropping the mask but still isn't at the level of a lot of other guys. as for Barret he has looked better as of late but still doesn't get too much of a reaction and isn't great in the ring. As for the match its self it was okay. Orton eliminated all 3 of the Team barret guys which i didn't like. Barret and Rhodes won it as they should. i feel Ziggler should have been a part of that. i think the way they got sheamus out was really cheap and i was hoping we would see christian in team barrets corner beings that they said he would be on SD. decent stuff i stopped caring after the first couple of mins.

Show vs Henry was meh until that elbow which was the best moment of the night. but the match just ended in such a bad way. give someone a clean win over the other guy already. these 2 had a great match at the last PPV but we didn't get the ending this was supposed to be the ending but we didn't get it again and i don't want to see this match anymore now. I liked the Daniel Bryan chants and i was on the edge of my seat wondering if he would cash in. not really hoping because i want to see it at mania.

I don't know where they are gonna go with the henry thing. is this a way of getting him to drop the belt without looking bad? Maybe have like a 4 way ladder match for the title with qualifying matches on SD? or maybe he comes back and wrestles and we get Henry vs Show again in a tables match. meh.

Punk vs Del Rio was good. i think if it was longer it could have been a lot better and been a MOTYC but it was still good. i really liked the ending. and i liked the fink moment i was hoping Colt Cabana would have been the guy to announce punk to the ring but the fink was okay. speaking of colt i loved the colt cabana chants during the match. seriously WWE sign cabana and use him the right way this time.

Liked the rock promo earlier in the night but thought it dragged on for too long. loved the truth promo though it still just makes those 2 look comedic which i don't mind for truth because it works for him but i don't like the miz in that light.

Rock & Cena vs Miz & Truth was okay i guess. Rock looked great in the ring and i have to credit a lot of that to miz and truth. besides the rock parts the match was just really boring honestly. and i agree with all the people above the ending was weak and the peoples elbow is not only a weak finisher now but it was always a weak finisher and i have never liked it. I felt like truth shoulda broke it up.

The aftermath seemed more awkward than entertaining to me.

Overall it was a decent show. it being in MSG the crowed really made it a lot better. i enjoyed a lot of it. nothing is a must see though.

Offline Majin HoHo

• Life is a Team Sport
« Reply #9 on: 22 November 2011, 12:50:47 AM »
Ziggler vs Morrison first up, funny to hear Ryder chants..should of made the match a triple thread.Still Ziggler is a blue chipper, solid match for a PPV.Eve vs Beth was good, actually I think Eve should be the face of the Women's division on the babyface side, but we all know why not won't happen.Stil is a better Wrestler than Kelly, and Kelly is falling into the darkness.. just like Morrison.Team Orton vs Team Barrett, boy did the NY crowd have a man crush on Cody, and he was the MVP of the match, he distracted Randy for Wade to get the win.Cody World Title run coming my friend.Overall that match was good, damn Cara was really injured.sad to hear that today, but I thought Cara would eliminate Hunico.Did anyone feel Hunico out there was weird, known Wrestlers compared to him, a guy who just arrived? Henry vs Show, damn Savage like elbow drop from Show, good match not better than the one they had previously, but when Henry was attacking, I was marking..for Daniel Bryan to come out, that idiot! Punk vs Del Rio best had these two had against each other for sure.You know Del Rio will want a rematch..but I thought if Del Rio defeated Punk he would stamp his name a solid champion, after beating Cena a month before that.What to do with him  now..hmmm..Rock/Cena vs Miz/Truth match of the night for sure...Rocky shined...Fans were nuts, I thought Cena dropped the ball a little no really showing his skills to the Rock..Ending seemed weird to me as well, I was hoping Cena to turn heel, since he will be at WM..Maybe he will get even the next coming months...Overall the show was a 9 out of 10 crowd was hot like Mickie's bootie..