Author Topic: Official Raw Discussion Thread 10-24  (Read 952 times)

Offline Majin HoHo

• Life is a Team Sport
Official Raw Discussion Thread 10-24
« on: 24 October 2011, 03:08:09 PM »

Del Rio surivived and the appearance of Nash tells me Nash, Miz, Truth and Del Rio are secretly taking over, but will Nash show up I so! Who will Air Boom's next challengers since they beat Swagger and Ziggler twice at a PPV? Also What to do with Henry and Show.Rematch please c'mon out Daniel Bryan.Could be a interesting show.You know the Game is going to get vengeance tonight!

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
Re: Official Raw Discussion Thread 10-24
« Reply #1 on: 24 October 2011, 07:12:48 PM »
If there's a rematch with Henry and Show, I think it will likely be on SmackDown!, not this Raw.
Quote from: CM Punk
Please, if you say ‘Because it’s your destiny’, I swear to jeebus I’m going to start drinking.

Offline chappers

• Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
« Reply #2 on: 25 October 2011, 12:31:15 AM »
I can see a survivor series match with Nash, Truth, Miz, maybe Ziggler and Swagger vs Cena, HHH, Punk, and The Rock all teaming together, maybe someone else could join the fray, I don't think we will see Nash and HHH have a one on one match given the report from a while ago on Nash's physical ability.

Offline narcolepsy

« Reply #3 on: 25 October 2011, 07:56:23 AM »
Fun Fact:  The last edition of the Survivor Series without a traditional elimination match was the 2002 version at Madison Square Garden (Debut of the Elimination Chamber).  Unless they throw a bunch of midcarders together, the build after last night's raw probably means MSG still won't see a traditional elimination match.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #4 on: 25 October 2011, 09:46:51 AM »
I think we'll get a Team Orton vs a Team Rhodes. Maybe Orton, Air boom, Sheamus & Mason Ryan vs Rhodes, Christian, Barret, Swaggger & Ziggler.

Raw did nothing for me honestly.

Triple H/ Johnny Ace stuff seemed pretty brital to me they were saying the same things over and over and for some reason triple H seemed to be way off his game on the mic. hes usually one of the best like him or not.

the whole Triple H/Nash stuff just doesn't do anything for me. i don't really care about seeing nash in a major storyline or triple h for that matter.

Skipped the divas.

Ziggler over santino was just another way to help get Ryan over which doesn't interest me.

Barret is super boring to me so him over morrison just annoys me. Morrison just loses all the time now i never expect him to have even a chance of winning a match anymore.

ADR/Punk stuff was pretty good. but im really tired of guys just challenging for the title. i want me some number 1 contenders matches.

Cole/JR Stuff seemed pointless and stupid.

the one thing i was looking forward to was Ryder & Cena teaming up but then we of course don't get that due to a miz/truth beatdown.

I still don't really buy those 2 as the badass outsiders. i think since the angle Miz has looked weaker and him and truth both seem comical and neither really fit that role.

I didn't pay attention to the match its self. i didn't see a point in it really then the end with Cena picking the rock was super obvious because it has already been announced he and cena would be teaming at SS.

So yeah Raw did nothing for me really. i have a feeling some of you might have really enjoyed it though.

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
« Reply #5 on: 25 October 2011, 12:46:46 PM »
I actually really liked the Triple H/Nash stuff, was that kind of attitude era backstage beatdown I enjoy.

Orton/Sheamus going over Christian/Rhodes was tiring. I find Orton is capable of putting on some of the best matches but he never adds anything new to his gimmick. People complain about Cena but for me he has way more personality (he makes jokes, gets angry etc.) Orton has become stale, I preferred the heel Orton if I'm honest, face Orton is boring. I do love a bit of Sheamus but this storyline has just been him beating Christian non stop which is so fucking boring to watch. There is no point in a feud where one man keeps winning, for me that is the most boring thing that can be done.

Ziggler/Santino didn't interest me and Santino just looks weird without a mohawk.

Then Del Rio came out and I personally think he is a class act so enjoyed this. He has a relaxed confidence that is refreshing. Unlike heel Orton who always tried to look angry and scary or The Miz who always has to be the funny guy Del Rio excels both of them by just being natural. He is a natural heel and you can tell he isn't out to impress the fans which is what makes his persona all the more believable.
I actually liked Punk coming out, the only reason Punk/ Del Rio seems a bit boring is because there isn't really any build or feud but if they build that over the next few weeks it would be awesome because they are the two guys who belong in the title scene right now and they have made Cena feud with Miz/Truth (finally a non title feud for Cena!) so personally can't complain about this.

The rest of the show was okay as well. Cena and The Rock at Survivor Series will interest even those who despise both men.

Offline Majin HoHo

• Life is a Team Sport
« Reply #6 on: 25 October 2011, 02:59:07 PM »
I loved the opening segment, Nash you broke my heart.Nash nearly killing HHH was great, I guess he won't show up to a week before SS I imagine.Rhodes/Christan vs Orton and Sheamus was great, but I  think Rhodes and Christan needed that win to draw any interests for either of those fueds.Ziggler winning great, wish it was against someone who jokes are no longer funny.Punk and Del Rio segment was great, especially when Punk started to own Johnny Ace on the mic! Del Rio and Punk are two of my favs I know could put on great matches, but I expect Del Rio will come up victorious! Main Event was ok, I guess people were more excited hearing the Rock teaming with Cena then how great the main event match was.Overall ok 8 out of 10.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #7 on: 25 October 2011, 04:20:36 PM »
Triple H/ Johnny Ace stuff seemed pretty brital to me they were saying the same things over and over and for some reason triple H seemed to be way off his game on the mic. hes usually one of the best like him or not.

Was that on purpose? :giggle

But ya, RAW did nothing for me either. The only thing I can really think to add was that I oddly liked Cena's new attire with the Camo shorts.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Majin HoHo

• Life is a Team Sport
« Reply #8 on: 25 October 2011, 04:26:24 PM »
That Shirt fits Cena like a glove, I like the message, but Cena tries to hard to get respect from the Fans especially the ones who hate him.What's next, Love Me Please T-shirt? I'm still waiting for the guy to cuss the crap outta Cena, when he does that photo op with a Cena hater Fan, wearing that New T-shirt.

Offline chappers

• Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
« Reply #9 on: 25 October 2011, 06:31:09 PM »
Another note to add, Carlton Banks got a mention on the show :mrk

The show was alright, I liked the start but after a while I was thinking to myself "why does Triple H let Kevin Nash beat him down and not someone more relevant to today". Lets face it, hardly gets either man anywhere. As others said, Game was way off on the mic as well which wasn't very good.

I liked The Rock and Cena announcement, at least The Rock hasn't been shoved down our throats too much for a few months and hopefully they will start to properly build their feud.

Punk on the mic was pure gold, as was Del Rio. As Doe and Hoho have said, both guys should be treated as the top dogs and both guys can pull something good out of this match, looking forward to it.

Enjoyed John Laurinaitus on the mic all night, one of the best "business" guys they have brought in for some time. Aside from these few parts of the show, everything else seemed to have that "been there, done that" vibe to it, but I'm assuming that all of these people will be thrown into survivor series style matches. I would have liked to see more fresh feuds if I'm honest.

EDIT: Forgot to add, did anyone else see that huge amount of spit dribble out of Cena's mouth when he announced The Rock as his partner, had to laugh at that.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #10 on: 25 October 2011, 11:15:13 PM »

Was that on purpose? :giggle

I did afterwards and just left it there in hopes someone would like it.lol.

EDIT: Forgot to add, did anyone else see that huge amount of spit dribble out of Cena's mouth when he announced The Rock as his partner, had to laugh at that.

I Noticed that too. i think if they make that a video package it will soon be edited.lol.