Author Topic: *OFFICIAL* Raw Discussion Thread: October 10th 2011  (Read 1502 times)

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
*OFFICIAL* Raw Discussion Thread: October 10th 2011
« on: 10 October 2011, 06:52:19 PM »

After the superstars walking out on Triple H who will be appearing on Raw? What will Triple H be up to now? Will Miz/Truth make an appearance?

Offline Fluttershy

• My Secret Combination
  • My Little Pony, My Little Pony
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Bella Twins, Beth Phoenix, Gail Kim, KHARMA, Maryse, Vickie Guerrero, AJ, Layla, Natalya, Rosa Mendes, Tara, Winter, Cherry, Ivory, Jazz, Jillian Hall, Lena Yada, Lita, Melina, Molly Holly, Nidia, Sable, Stephanie McMahon, Stacy Keibler, Torrie Wilson,
*OFFICIAL* Raw Discussion Thread: October 10th 2011
« Reply #1 on: 10 October 2011, 06:53:39 PM »

WWE Chief Operating Officer Triple H vows to absolutely not step down from running WWE Raw SuperShow. Furthermore, Triple H vows that John Cena, CM Punk, Randy Orton, Sheamus and Big Show will headline Monday night’s telecast.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
Re: *OFFICIAL* Raw Discussion Thread: October 10th 2011
« Reply #2 on: 10 October 2011, 10:46:23 PM »
Merged the two threads.

Actually looking forward to how this pans out tonight, even though it's more thna likely to piss me off lol

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #3 on: 10 October 2011, 10:50:13 PM »
In that picture you see Christian, Rhodes, Del Rio and Curt Hawkins. 3 of those 4 get pushed to the moon. if the 1 that wasn't pushed to the moon was rebelling against triple H i would love this storyline. but thats not the case so the only reason i'll be watching is to see what twist they put on this can't get much worse.

Offline J.D

• Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
« Reply #4 on: 10 October 2011, 11:28:44 PM »
It would be good to see them do something with a guy like Hawkins. Kind of annoys me they don't. Having said that Del Rio, Christian and Rhodes=  (Y)

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #5 on: 11 October 2011, 08:24:49 AM »
Didn't like Raw at all.

Triple H Pretty much burying the 55 guys who walked out and made it seem like they were just crying little bitches and then his best bud Sheamus getting in on it calling them Losers.  The Punk stuff was fun but annoyed me he is suppose to hate Triple H.

Vinces return i couldn't care less about. Triple H is fired and now Johnny Ace takes over either way it's shit and no matter who is the on TV head of it the same guys backstage are still making all these shitty storylines. and now it even seems like the who is trying to get triple H fired thing is dead.

John Morrison gets buried again.  i guess his new gimmick is to lose to someone in street clothes.

Henry vs Orton was bleh. Codys aftermath beat down was the only part of the show i liked. Then he just starts this weird Laugh which was just like WTF? just seemed overdone to me.

Jim Ross Get's fired in his hometown because they always want to treat their guys like shit in there hometowns. so now we go back to Jerry Lawler and Michael Cole which is horrible. No reason to fire JR. they just wanted to get Johnny Ace some more heat.

6 man tag was just all about getting Mason Ryan over. he still hasn't impressed me and he botched in this too a lot at first then the 3 seconds he was in there to win he did moves to the best seller in wrestling in Ziggler. it annoys me that WWE puts this guy over so much when they already have guys who are over in Zack Ryder, John Morrison and Daniel Bryan and Treat them like shit. i guess Ryan just fills there Batista fix and they want a guy like that in the Main Event and Skip didn't get back soon enough.

We finally move away from Triple H's bad movie trailers and now we get a John Cena bad movie Trailer.

Then it gets announce Cena will face Del Rio at the PPV....yet Cena didn't really do anything to get in that match and it was so random. and the WWE title just has seemed kinf of pointless lately after the built it up so big this summer. now the show is all about Triple H and Johnny Ace.

Alberto vs Punk was weird. just cut off in the middle like they forgot they were supposed to bring Miz and Truth back which was so anti climactic and not shocking at all. then it gets changed to a tag match and del rio who was on johnny ace's side has to team with punk.... then it just ends in a DQ beatdown. Triple H obviously makes the save and sets up Triple H & Punk vs Miz & Truth.

Michael Cole was more annoying tonight than he has been in a very long time.

So Yeah, Wasn't looking forward to Raw didn't think it would be good and it wasn't. Storylines don't make sense in so many ways and booking is just so bad as is commentary

Offline J.D

« Reply #6 on: 11 October 2011, 11:07:03 AM »
Yeah the problem is that the show is 90 percent about the main storyline at the moment and as the main storyline is a load of shit it takes from the show.
Rhodes beating down Orton was good and will set up a good feud on SD (which is the show to watch at the moment.) I personally found Rhodes' laugh quite funny but I understand why someone wouldn't but with a line like "Do you want a receipt with your paper bag" you have to give it to the man  ;D

I like this whole Christian/Ziggler/Rhodes/Swagger allegiance and I hope they continue this as they are four awesome heels.

Just tired of the whole COO storyline because it doesn't make sense and because it is boring.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #7 on: 11 October 2011, 04:24:52 PM »
This show made absolutely no sense. It was as if they started doing the whole walkout thing and 10 minutes in someone backstage was like "holy shit we have a PPV in 2 weeks". I actually loved how it went in the opening segment, and would have loved to see that go on the entire show. At least like most of the night before they revealed Johnny Ace as the new GM at the end.  They could have found excuses to bring back some more guys, like JR and Booker on commentary, AirBoom and Morrison, and that would have given them several matches for the night. Orton and Show were supposed to be at RAW and no one mentioned they were behind Triple H (show wasn't even fucking there despite being plugged).

Instead we get an interrupted match. Vince coming back for no reason. Triple H not even really being fired. And a copout for a storyline that had so much potential. Then an hour of shitty booking and burials, and another interrupted match for no reason.

Things I did like:

- Cody's beatdown.
- First 20 minutes of the "makeshift" show.
- Triple H and Punk beating the shit out of Miz and Truth at the end.

Otherwise, what the fuck?

Offline J.D

« Reply #8 on: 11 October 2011, 11:03:07 PM »
Yeah I didn't quite get why Orton didn't come out and back Triple H but he did say on Smackdown the previous week that if he had a problem with Triple H he would act on it and the commentators (think it was Cole) did remind us of this so I think he just didn't come out to save time.

Anyway Orton/Rhodes feud :D
And Punk/Del Rio- Miz/Truth stuff  :D

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: 11 October 2011, 11:10:56 PM »
- Zack Ryder wondered for the second week in a row why he wasn't featured on RAW last night. He wrote on Twitter:

"Pinned the US Champ @HEELZiggler 2 weeks in a row...& now I've been off Raw for 2 weeks in a row. #doesntmakesense

At least @LaRosaMendes was booked tonight... #RyderOrRiot"

I'm wondering the same exact thing.

- The firing of Jim Ross by John Laurinaitis on last night's RAW Supershow was not in the final script and most people backstage had no idea that it was going to happen.

It's also believed Ross didn't know about the angle either. It was noted that JR's wife could be seen at ringside, looking excited as he entered the ring for the segment.

Ross told a fan on Twitter today that it was embarrassing for his wife and that they both were "blindsided."

Regarding last night's show, it's said that what ended up airing was almost nowhere near what was originally wrote. Everything on last night's show was re-written more than once.

I figured JR didn't know about it and it's just such a classless act by the WWE as a whole to do this kind of stuff. they seem to bring JR one of the most beloved guys in WWE history just to fire him every time. i liked how JR just kind of tipped his cap and walked out with his head raised high and walked out like well fuck it this place is shit right now anyways. but at the same time that's just really shitty.

I honestly don't think i have gone from being so into the WWE to hating almost everything they do in such little time before until now.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #10 on: 11 October 2011, 11:26:14 PM »
For the third time in like 2 months I'm done with WWE again. Fuck it.