Author Topic: *OFFICIAL* Raw Discussion Thread: October 3rd 2011  (Read 1635 times)

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
*OFFICIAL* Raw Discussion Thread: October 3rd 2011
« on: 3 October 2011, 09:08:29 PM »

Just one night after WWE Hell in a Cell devolved into chaos thanks to The Miz and R-Truth, will WWE COO Triple H be able to restore order on WWE Raw SuperShow?

Quote from: @WWE
TONIGHT @WWE #Raw: A 12-man Tag Team Match!: Cena, Punk, Sheamus, Air Boom & Ryan vs. Del Rio, Christian, Rhodes, Ziggler, Swagger & Otunga!
Quote from: CM Punk
Please, if you say ‘Because it’s your destiny’, I swear to jeebus I’m going to start drinking.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
Re: *OFFICIAL* Raw Discussion Thread: October 3rd 2011
« Reply #1 on: 3 October 2011, 09:43:10 PM »
Curious to see where this storyline goes, otherwise, meh

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #2 on: 3 October 2011, 10:18:25 PM »
As always looking forward to Dolph, Ryder and Air boom. not looking forward to any of the main storyline or mason Ryan push or anything else really.

Offline chappers

• Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
« Reply #3 on: 4 October 2011, 12:37:17 AM »
As always looking forward to Dolph, Ryder and Air boom. not looking forward to any of the main storyline or mason Ryan push or anything else really.
I don't know much about the guy, but surely you're curious to see what Mason Ryan can bring to the table?

As for RAW tonight interested in where they are going to take things, the night after PPV's is normally exciting and hopefully we'll see some fresh feuds, particularly over on Smackdown.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #4 on: 4 October 2011, 01:00:22 AM »
Nope not at all i saw what he brought to the table his first run with nexus and wasn't impressed.

I feel like Ryder should be in that 12 man tag main event over Ryan. but with the 12 man tag hopefully some of the other guys can get some fresh storyuline like Morrison,Ryder and Mcintyre. and hopefully sin cara won't be on the show.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #5 on: 4 October 2011, 04:50:01 AM »
I don't really understand what your beef is with Ryan. He's a young star, he's big and mean and has plenty of charisma. He's definitely along the lines of a Batista in the ring but whatever, I like him.

Anyway, interesting RAW... didn't really pay attention until the main event, which I actually really liked for a 12 man tag.

More importantly, the Triple H stuff at the end was brilliant. I feel like I say this every six weeks but it renewed my faith in the product and I'm really curious to see where they go with it on Smackdown. I have some issues with the fact that everyone in the building was cheering Triple H, making literally everyone on the roster (save for the top 3 superstars who weren't there for some reason) look like assholes, and I'm not sure if that helps the storyline. outside of that though, I loved how everyone was progressively walking out, all the way to the cameramen. That alone makes me want to see where they go with this.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 4 October 2011, 05:21:00 AM »
No beef with Ryan just no interest in seeing him plus guys like Ryder, Morrison,Bryan and so on could be in that spot, really annoys me. but he did look better tonight than i have seen him look before.

I didn't really like Raw and i think i know why too. i recall last year with the nexus angle the whole show revolved around that one angle and this show kind of did the same and i just don't like my wrestling like that, i like multiple storylines throughout one show.

of course this was a bit better with them using the SD guys but really all it was was Morrison losing again, Mcintyre making the show only to lose to Orton and a Santino return and i didn't enjoy any of that, would have rather seen Ryder keep his momentum up after winning 3 matches in the last 2 weeks.

What i did enjoy was the 12 man tag its self and the Mark Henry post match Promo.

Of course the big part of the show was the Triple H vote of confidence segment. I Guess im the minority here because i didn't love it. mostly because the 3 biggest WWE stars weren't out there. no Punk,Cena or Orton so all you had mostly was jobbers and heels walk out on Triple H....then of course commentators which isn't a big deal to me. then it doesn't really make sense why Henry would walk out beings he has done nothing but get the push of a lifetime since Triple H has became in charge. Same for Ryder too. which is one of the reasons i don't really like this whole bad guys vs Triple H Storyline these are guys that are constantly on the show and win matches when to me it would make it seem more realistic and i would enjoy it more if it was guys who have been treated like crap like some of the guys i have talked about (Morrison,Bryan,Mcintyre, Kidd etc) but it seems like WWE just throws in a bunch of random guys who i don't believe should really have a major gripe with the way things are.
The segment seemed pretty cool I'll say that.and if it seemed to me like all these guys were really pissed or maybe 80% of the guys walked out on Triple H then i would enjoy it more, i am interested in seeing wher it goes though. but WWE has not gained back my faith in them yet

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
« Reply #7 on: 4 October 2011, 03:33:14 PM »
12 man tag match was really good. Absolutely loved the heels in that match, there tactics throughout were awesome. Christian, Ziggler and Rhodes in particular were awesome constantly taking cheap shots and working together to screw over the faces.
The faces obviously won as they usually do in big matches but it was the heels who left the impression on me.

Its great Henry won a match but did it really have to be against Morrison? Could they not have chosen someone else for once. Because Morrison lost the night before to Rhodes and has won one match since Triple H took over. Just seems biased to me. When the WWE says its all about business that's 50 percent true, if they hate you but you are one of the biggest draws then you will be treated well (but not as well as a fave of theirs) but if they hate you and you are talented and over but not one of the huge draws then you will be a joke.

Another silly thing is they build up Mahal then have Santino beat him. I know the guy is apparently green as hell but what a waste of time as per usual. Think they should have tested him more on the house shows before putting him all over Smackdown.