Author Topic: Best Defensive Player of all time?  (Read 440 times)

Offline Majin HoHo

• Life is a Team Sport
Best Defensive Player of all time?
« on: 21 September 2011, 03:14:11 PM »
Reggie White would have Offensive Lineman second guessing their abilities! He was scary looking stalking a QB.HE DIDN'T STOP UNTIL HE HEARD THAT WRISTLE! He was a complete Defensive end.

Offline Rhymin' Greiman

• Super Duper Moderator
  • Global Moderator
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Kane, Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Randy Orton, Bryan Danielson, The Miz, and RVD
Re: Best Defensive Player of all time?
« Reply #1 on: 21 September 2011, 08:46:33 PM »
Cornerback - Charles Woodson - Age has refused to slow his production down, even now.  The guy can play the zone or man-to-man as well as anyone in the league and is always ready to turn a mistake into 6 points.

Safety - Rod Woodson, his numbers speak for themselves.  If you were a receiver coming over the middle then no matter what, you knew Rod was coming for you.

Defensive Tackle - Reggie White, teams constantly built their offensive lines around stopping him come gameday.  199 sacks later... they failed.  The guy had such a legendary motor and was always a class act.

Defensive End - Bruce Smith, if there was anyone who was ever truly unstoppable... it was Smith.  Currently holds the sack record that only the previously mentioned Reggie White had a chance of claiming.

Linebacker - As much as I wanted to say Ray Lewis.... I have to go with Lawrence Taylor.  The original LT was an absolute monster on the field and made everything look so easy, rarely ever missed a tackle.

Offline Leonardo Lunchbox

• Baby, I'm an Anarchist
  • FUCK YOU GET PUMPED
  • Favourite Promotion(s): Pro Wrestling Guerrilla
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Alex Shelley
Re: Best Defensive Player of all time?
« Reply #2 on: 22 September 2011, 08:20:08 AM »
Lawrence Taylor. To call him a monster is kind of a understatement.