Author Topic: Best RB of all time?  (Read 531 times)

Offline Majin HoHo

• Life is a Team Sport
Best RB of all time?
« on: 21 September 2011, 03:13:02 PM »
Since I am a huge Eagles fan when Brian Westbrook was in his prime I always compared him to Barry Sanders.Man it was hard of players to get a hold of Barry.Didn't he retire early?

Offline Rhymin' Greiman

• Super Duper Moderator
  • Global Moderator
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Kane, Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Randy Orton, Bryan Danielson, The Miz, and RVD
Re: Best RB of all time?
« Reply #1 on: 21 September 2011, 08:35:28 PM »
Yeah Barry retired pretty much during his prime.  Sad but with the lifespan of the average running back in football, it was actually kind of smart.  Best of all-time... I really had to fight with myself between Barry Sanders and Walter Payton... so I'll just say both :p

As for current guys, Adrian Peterson without a doubt in my mind.  The day he works on his pass blocking and starts getting more plays called asking him to receive out of the backfield... it's over.  Chris Johnson is just a fast runner, while AD can run around you, or run through you.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
Re: Best RB of all time?
« Reply #2 on: 21 September 2011, 10:04:47 PM »
I'm not good at the history and stuff but i guess a couple of names i want to throw out would be Jim Brown and Emit Smith.