Author Topic: Best QB of all time?  (Read 1163 times)

Offline Majin HoHo

• Life is a Team Sport
Best QB of all time?
« on: 21 September 2011, 03:11:29 PM »
It has to be  John Elway.It's sad he took Denver to multiple Super Bowls and AFC CHAMPIONSHIP Games but plently of them he team couldn't hold the fort down.He is the comeback kid! I still remember Elway putting his body on the line against the Packers in 97 spinning around trying to score.HE WANTED IT THAT BAD!

Offline Rhymin' Greiman

• Super Duper Moderator
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Kane, Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Randy Orton, Bryan Danielson, The Miz, and RVD
Re: Best QB of all time?
« Reply #1 on: 21 September 2011, 08:32:42 PM »
As much as it pains me to say it... I have to go with Tom Brady.  I hate the guy, hate the team... but he gets the job done, makes average players look great (Wes Welker anyone?) and makes great players look legendary (Randy Moss).

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #2 on: 21 September 2011, 10:14:16 PM »
Me being a colts fan my heart says Peyton Manning.
It pains me to also say Tom Brady.

I Of course wasn't alive for most of this and surely wasn't a fan back then but these names come to mind and i thought i would throw them in the discussion.
Dan Marino
Troy Aikman
Steve Young
Joe Montana
Ken Stabler
Bart Starr
Johnny Unitas

couple i have been alive for

Kurt Warner and Brett Farve

I probably butchered a lot of names too.lol. just thought i would throw some names out there i always here people on ESPN and stuff talk about.

Offline Rhymin' Greiman

• Super Duper Moderator
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Kane, Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Randy Orton, Bryan Danielson, The Miz, and RVD
« Reply #3 on: 22 September 2011, 12:32:29 AM »
If I were to draft a QB for an all-time greatest team I'd honestly be torn between Brady, Manning, Elway, Favre, Montana and Marino.  You can't really go wrong with any of those former MVPs and sure-fire Hall of Famers (for the ones not in yet).

Offline Leonardo Lunchbox

• Baby, I'm an Anarchist
  • FUCK YOU GET PUMPED
  • Favourite Promotion(s): Pro Wrestling Guerrilla
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Alex Shelley
« Reply #4 on: 22 September 2011, 08:17:49 AM »
Peyton Manning, in 10 years i will change my answer to A-Rog.

But for Manning my example is this, look at the Colts now. They are terrible without Manning. Look at the Patriots when they lost Brady, still a playoff team. Peyton is the most important QB in the league.

Offline Rhymin' Greiman

• Super Duper Moderator
« Reply #5 on: 22 September 2011, 06:25:57 PM »
Yeah but didn't the Patriots have Matt Cassel in the wings waiting to start?  While the Colts have never had a decent QB as backup... not a Collins fan.

• Baby, I'm an Anarchist
  • FUCK YOU GET PUMPED
« Reply #6 on: 22 September 2011, 11:35:00 PM »
No but it shows that with Cassel the offense really didn't miss a beat. Look at Cassel now, hes not the same dude he was when he was with the Patriots. It shows just how good of a coach and system Belichick runs. Im not saying Brady is terrible, but i think you can put Manning on any team and there will be a huge improvement. Im sure if Brady gets hurt this year Mallett can jump in and do the same job Cassel did.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #7 on: 23 September 2011, 02:47:33 AM »
Yeah i have that argument with my cousin who is a big stealers fan about rothelsburger. Peyton goes down and the colts are screwed. Ben goes down and i think Pitt like NE are still in pretty good shape.

• Baby, I'm an Anarchist
  • FUCK YOU GET PUMPED
« Reply #8 on: 23 September 2011, 08:55:42 AM »
Ben doesn't put up the points like New England, Green Bay, and Indianapolis put up. You can install any QB in that system and they will win.