Linked Events

• WWE Hell In A Cell: 2 October 2011

Author Topic: *OFFICIAL* WWE Hell In A Cell 2011 PPV Thread & Discussion  (Read 1888 times)

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
*OFFICIAL* WWE Hell In A Cell 2011 PPV Thread & Discussion
« on: 20 September 2011, 12:05:38 PM »

Don't miss Hell In A Cell LIVE October 2 2011, exclusively on pay-per-view.

John Cena (c) vs Alberto Del Rio vs CM Punk for the WWE Championship

Randy Orton vs Mark Henry (c) for the World Heavyweight Championship

Christian vs Sheamus

Kelly Kelly (c) vs Beth Phoenix for the Divas Championship

Sin Cara vs. Sin Cara

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
Re: *OFFICIAL* WWE Hell In A Cell 2011 PPV Thread & Discussion
« Reply #1 on: 20 September 2011, 04:46:29 PM »
Two weeks between PPVs. Good job WWE. I'm honestly teetering on not watching wrestling anymore after this past week. They clearly don't give a shit about the viewers.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline J.D

• Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
« Reply #2 on: 20 September 2011, 05:54:56 PM »
The quality of matches has been impeccable (wasn't a bad one at the PPV) and the midcard and tag division's are much, much better. The only problem is the main event scene at the moment, complete clusterfuck.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #3 on: 20 September 2011, 09:57:33 PM »
There may have not been a "Bad" match on the PPV but there sure were a ton of bad endings and bad booking and clusterfucks that make no sense. and none of the matches were great or really good for that matter. i would rather have a show with a couple of great matches a couple of good matches and a couple of bad matches than to have a show with nothing but forgettable average matches with bad booking and bad endings like NOC had.

As for this PPV, idk that last show just kind of made me lose my interest that the summer of punk 2011 gave me. but i would expect A LOT of rematches. If we get Ziggler vs Ryder for the US title then my interest is back in though and if they do something big with morrison its back in too though that looks unlikely.

Offline J.D

« Reply #4 on: 20 September 2011, 11:27:21 PM »
I dunno the fans weren't into it but I actually thought Rhodes vs DiBiase was a pretty damn good match. And the main event was awesome till shit went down, lets not forget that awesome elbow drop Punk got on HHH.
I agree the booking was a bit of a clusterfuck but I'm just kinda glad to see Truth/Miz involved in the main event storyline (more for Truth's sake.)

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #5 on: 21 September 2011, 12:57:33 AM »
Honestly i would have rather Kofi and Bourne just beat Truth and Miz and be done with it. or at least have Truth and Miz win the tag titles if they are gonna be in the main event to maybe try to boost that division instead of not letting Kofi and Bounre beat Miz and Truth which kind of pissed me off after earlier that week Kofi & Bourne going 0-2 against them in singles matches.

Offline J.D

« Reply #6 on: 27 September 2011, 12:51:53 PM »
Updated card (my original post was tweaked with the red font etc so followed that format  (Y))

Offline Fluttershy

• My Secret Combination
  • My Little Pony, My Little Pony
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Bella Twins, Beth Phoenix, Gail Kim, KHARMA, Maryse, Vickie Guerrero, AJ, Layla, Natalya, Rosa Mendes, Tara, Winter, Cherry, Ivory, Jazz, Jillian Hall, Lena Yada, Lita, Melina, Molly Holly, Nidia, Sable, Stephanie McMahon, Stacy Keibler, Torrie Wilson,
« Reply #7 on: 27 September 2011, 04:16:28 PM »
Kelly v Beth part 3 on Sunday... Hopefully Beth will finally win.

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: 27 September 2011, 04:44:09 PM »
It does seem to be a case of "too little, too late" though, since this week on Raw was the first time over the past couple of months that Beth and Natalya gained a single victory over Kelly and Eve. The way I think that they should have done it is have had Beth win at Night Of Champions, so that they were on an even level, and the match at Hell In A Cell would be the tiebreaker.

I'm not sure that it will mean much if Beth wins at Hell In A Cell, but for Kelly to retain the title once again would be ridiculous.
Quote from: CM Punk
Please, if you say ‘Because it’s your destiny’, I swear to jeebus I’m going to start drinking.

Offline Majin HoHo

• Life is a Team Sport
« Reply #9 on: 30 September 2011, 08:10:23 PM »
First I hope Kelly Kelly loses she has been stale as chalk since winning that Women's Title, but I wouldn't be surprised if she held it after the Cell! Sheamus and Christan could be great, I think Christan will cheat to win, so Christan wins.Henry vs Orton hmmmm..Henry is slow so the pace of the match will be slow.I believe Mark will use his strength to slsm Orton against the Cage, but I believe the speed of Orton will be his advantage and Orton gets the Title back since WWE has been moving titles back and forth lately! Punk vs Cena vs Del Rio.If Truth, Nash and Truth interfere I believe Punk could win? Maybe Punk will lose but I see the match to be the best of the night, with Del Rio and Punk showing the Wrestling, and Cena making his hulking up run to keep his Title.

Offline J.D

« Reply #10 on: 1 October 2011, 12:29:35 AM »
This is going to be a very hard PPV to predict. I get this impression Orton will win the title back but I hope he doesn't as they have been building Henry for ages and he has just got the title and they need to make us fear Henry and believe he is an unstoppable champion.

As for the triple threat any of them could win it
Cena- To mean that his title run wasn't pointless
Punk- Because he is so ridiculously over and deserves it
Del Rio- Because he deserves it and had it stripped off him in a shitty way and winning it back would instantly gain him all his credibility back which is a good thing.

As I said earlier I would have made Del Rio keep the title and lost it to punk at this PPV but since they are so insistent with Cena (and I like the guy but this time was purely pointless) I actually want to see Del Rio win it back as by winning the title cleanly he will get the credibility back. Plus it would make Cena's run make sense (Cena called him out that he could only win with a cheap MITB win then beat him at the PPV but Del Rio shocks Cena by winning it back at Hell in A Cell.)

As for Sheamus/Christian I would like to see Christian win cheaply because he has gone from the title picture to a joke as of late whereas Sheamus won't be hurt from a cheap finish.
Speaking of Sheamus he should be the one to eventually strip Henry of the title and not Orton IMO.

Offline J.D

« Reply #11 on: 2 October 2011, 12:38:13 AM »
Sin Cara vs Sin Cara announced only a few hours ago, came here to put it in and someone has already beat me to it. Eager beaver or what!

Offline chappers

• Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
« Reply #12 on: 2 October 2011, 01:09:25 AM »
I think Henry will retain the title only because he has been with the company for some time and he has earnt this reign, I want to see Sheamus win the title off of Henry but Smackdown has this syndrome of keeping the same few people in the title scene and he doesn't seem to be one of them. As for Cena wouldn't be surprised to see him keep the title but tbh I don't want him to retain but I feel he has to retain because he is getting that championship back one way or another to face The Rock. The booking at the last PPV for the Del Rio is quite possibly the most annoying booking they have pulled if i'm honest, I literally just don't see why Cena needed that title and why Del Rio couldn't at least hold on until this PPV with the title if the company are pissed off with him. I feel like he should have had a Miz length reign if I'm honest, this is a guy who they have built for about a year and they gave him a flimsy reign where he ended up looking cowardly and pathetic. Poor booking why can't they just support the guy, he's better then the Miz anyway, he has a good build, really good promo skills and amazing matches, the Miz only seems to be good on the stick but he often overplays that. The Punk stuff has seemed to turn into a crap story, I'm amazed that he seems to have a lot of power backstage now and his story with HHH and Nash has been pretty damn crap but I blame that more on HHH seeing as his ego is bigger then his nose.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
« Reply #13 on: 2 October 2011, 06:52:19 AM »
Yeah i don't think Henry drops the title until Survivor Series and i also think that's when punk will win back the WWE title.

I Figure Del Rio has a cheap win. maybe like Ziggler did at NOC where Cena hits punk with the AA or Punk hits cena with the GTS and then Del rio knocks them out and get's the Pin.

Seems pretty obvious the original Sin Cara will win, Sheamus will probably beat Christian. IF BEth doesn't win hee then it's done for her.

And I'm guessing they will add Air boom vs Ziggler & Swagger.

Offline J.D

« Reply #14 on: 3 October 2011, 02:08:23 PM »
Solid PPV. Only one match I disliked (no prizes for guessing which one.)

Okay so Sheamus vs Christian was awesome. Sheamus needs to be in the world heavyweight title run because the guy got it in the ring and has the charisma and is crazy over. Honestly he keeps improving and I'd actually say he is one of the best to watch in the ring. Christian is one of the best to watch too and both guys put on a hell of an opener. Sheamus swinging his whole body onto the top rope took some amazing athleticism.

Then the PPV was dampened by Sin Cara vs Sin Cara. I predicted the black Cara would win as I thought that if that happened there might be a chance they were finished with the twat but no.
The match started off good, really excellent skills and I actually began to regret going so hard on them. They they both got tired or something? Few botches but that wasn't the problem it was the fact that the match got boring as hell. I mean seriously there were "boring chants" (although saying that wasn't too impressed with the crowd tbh.)
Just a shit match that didn't belong on PPV and sucked in general.

I was in a crap mood from that but the tag match was excellent and I just think why push Cara when you already have guys who are as athletic and never botch. Bourne and Kingston pull off all these moves and they always do it perfectly, never seen Bourne botch. Bourne was in fact incredible in this match and I saw a different man, his speed and aggressiveness made me see him in a new light. Always knew he was good in the ring but I saw something even better here.

World Heavyweight match was actually really good. Henry is being built further which I love and I was glad he got the win. Him running away from Orton was just done because they never want Cena or Orton to look bad but I didn't mind as I think Orton helped to put on this good match and sold Henry really well.

Next Rhodes came out and cut a decent promo, the new IC title looks sick and Rhodes has really brought prestige to a dead division. Rhodes/Morrison was pretty good and I liked Rhodes' sneaky roll up win.

Next was Diva's= skipped but Beth won- bout time.

Then we witnessed the main event which was really good. Three titans fighting it out and each looked great. Was particularly impressed with Del Rio as he has now gained his momentum back with this huge win. So I guess they will continue their plan now for the Cena/Del Rio feud. Ending was dramatic but didn't have a problem with it.