Author Topic: *OFFICIAL* Raw Discussion thread: September 5th 2011  (Read 853 times)

Offline Fluttershy

• My Secret Combination
  • My Little Pony, My Little Pony
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Bella Twins, Beth Phoenix, Gail Kim, KHARMA, Maryse, Vickie Guerrero, AJ, Layla, Natalya, Rosa Mendes, Tara, Winter, Cherry, Ivory, Jazz, Jillian Hall, Lena Yada, Lita, Melina, Molly Holly, Nidia, Sable, Stephanie McMahon, Stacy Keibler, Torrie Wilson,
*OFFICIAL* Raw Discussion thread: September 5th 2011
« on: 5 September 2011, 06:27:21 PM »

With only two weeks left until Night of Champions, expect tensions to explode between an enraged Kevin Nash and rivals Triple H and CM Punk. To catch all the fireworks, watch the WWE Raw SuperShow tonight on USA Network at 9/8 CT.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
Re: *OFFICIAL* Raw Discussion thread: September 5th 2011
« Reply #1 on: 6 September 2011, 05:45:42 PM »
Thought a lot of the elements to RAW were great, but it had terrible pacing and things were in the most random order.

I get the focus on Punk/Triple H. I get having Orton on the show to build Smackdown and that title match. I get what they did with Cena/ADR. But how they placed everything was fucking retarded. It seems like Triple H doesn't want to take the end of the show, which is probably why the title matches have been getting it every week even though he and Punk are all over everything else And besides, they closed out the frigging show last week anyway awkwardly while Cena and Sheamus celebrated. It makes no sense. ADR doesn't show up until 10PM, Cena doesn't show up til 10:30. That doesn't help ratings. And impromptu main events make even less sense when you build them at 10:50. Have Punk / Triple H / Nash open the show, have everything ADR and Cena did backstage throughout the first hour, and the 8 man elimination match at 10PM. Punk vs. Truth in the main event, announcement of the NOC stips, end the show.

Instead it came off as a bit of a clusterfuck.

And it's unfortunate, because otherwise the show was great. Good matches, good promos, good build.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Leonardo Lunchbox

• Baby, I'm an Anarchist
  • FUCK YOU GET PUMPED
  • Favourite Promotion(s): Pro Wrestling Guerrilla
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Alex Shelley
« Reply #2 on: 7 September 2011, 08:43:48 AM »
Ive been saying this all year, R-Truth is so fucking money. Give him the title. Give him all the titles.

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
« Reply #3 on: 7 September 2011, 11:26:14 AM »
Yeah weird show.
Didn't really like it.

I enjoyed Alberto Del Rio, he was slick backstage with the Bella's and I find his promos have a realism to them unlike the childishness of a lot of other stars.

However the show had no theme or flow I felt. It didn't seem to serve a purpose the whole thing felt wishy washy and confused. The Punk/HHH/Nash storyline will end up being good but for now it is stale and boring and even Punk seems to have fizzled out.

Lawler fighting a match is just crap, granted his partner was Ryder which made me more interested and Ryder got the win but then he acts like a 5 year old child backstage or one of those irritating turtles from Finding Nemo "CENA'S ON MY SHOW."
And speaking of Cena (as Prax said) him appearing so late does not only hinder ratings but it just made the show seem even more abnormal.

Just confusing and not interesting.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #4 on: 12 September 2011, 03:45:13 PM »
I know im late and it wasn't a great raw but i sure did mark out a few times in it.

Zack Ryder video and he got to win a amatch. that was awesome.
Curt HAwkins, Tyler Reks were on the show and it looks like they are gonna be a new tag team. GHatecrashers 2.0 maybe? i think they would be an awesome team.
Drew Mcintyre was on the show. hopefully he starts doing something.

I liked the 8 man tag in parts. i don't like that morrison got eliminated first but he looked amazing in there. and i liked the story between ziggler and swagger because i didn't think we were gonna get any story between thems ince they waited so late. i don't like the obvious ending though.

Air Boom got a win so I'm glad with that.

Orton squashing slater was a waste of time IMO. we already know Orton is good. i guess at least he didn't beat Bryan..

Cena/ADR stuff was ok.
Punk/Triple H/Nash stuff was ok.

that's all i remember. but i did enjoy the show in a lot of parts.