Author Topic: *OFFICIAL* Raw Discussion thread: August 29th 2011  (Read 895 times)

Offline Majin HoHo

• Life is a Team Sport
*OFFICIAL* Raw Discussion thread: August 29th 2011
« on: 29 August 2011, 04:20:25 PM »
Stop teasing us who texted Nash, HBK? Every week the cracks in the storyline is starting to show.Miz and Truth will probably attack the new tag champs.Ziggler will try to one up against Swagger to show Vickie who is better for her.Hopefully Natalya and Beth smash Kelly! Also Cena will try to put himself over or maybe he might want a triple threat match with Punk and Del Rio.Should be a great RAW.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
Re: *OFFICIAL* Raw Discussion thread: August 29th 2011
« Reply #1 on: 30 August 2011, 01:04:04 AM »
Yeah pretty much what hoho said. Expect

Kofi & Bourne vs MM & Otunga in a rematch for the tag titles. Kofi & Bourne Win and Miz & Truth attack them.
Something will happen with Riley/Ziggler/Swagger. Probably Riley going over Ziggler due to Swagger.
We get more "who done it" with the Nash/Punk/Triple H/Steph/Johnny Ace. i think it will end up being Johnny Ace who is doing it for Vince.
Kelly and or eve will beat a bella twin or twins.
Cena/ADR Build.
Morrison might not make the show and if he does he'll probably either lose or team with Riley vs Swagger & Ziggler.

I hope we get Zack Ryder. looked like they were gonna push him, he got the win over Cole. then now he's back to where he was even though he did a great job and is still majorly over.

Should be a decent raw.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #2 on: 30 August 2011, 01:44:08 AM »
looked like they were gonna push him, he got the win over Cole.

Read that sentence again and then ask yourself why they aren't pushing him :P

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #3 on: 30 August 2011, 07:29:16 AM »
Raw was crazy tonight, it just seemed so off the wall like they were trying to do anything to shake things up.

Opening with Nash, Punk and Triple H was good.

Randy Orton vs Dolph Ziggler was an amazing match. WWE has been putting on some great matches on TV as of late. this might have been my favorite of them. Ziggler looked great in this and the loss i don't think hurts him. i guess you could take what i said about morrison vs ADr last week and just replace it with this. great stuff and helped the Vickie/Dolph story.

Cena/Henry/Christian/Sheamus segment just seemed kind of random and i don't think it should have bene places there, a lot of talking in the first hour. i did like Henry and Christian on the mic here and it made me want another Christian vs Cena feud. it's been what 6 years since we had one? yeah i think it's time.

Miz vs Punk was okay seemd kind of random to methough. after the match they made punk turn into Randy orton or john cena though pretty much taking out Truth and Miz. then the nash attack would have been good build but we'll get to that later.

Now this is where the show kind of makes a turn for the worse for me.

Swagger vs... Sin Cara... Really how many chances does sin cara get? and Sin cara wins. i would much rather see Morrison,Ryder,Bryan, or Gabriel in this spot. but they give the win to sin cara again. and of course he botches in this match too.

I didn't really pay attention to MM & Otunga vs Kofi & Bourne. i think king was talking more trash about MM & Otunga though. then after they lost they got in kings face. i don't know where this is going but it could help otunga & MM. i just hope it doesn't lead to King & JR vs them at some point. glad Kofi & Bourne got the win and now they can move on.

divas... one of the bellas go over kelly. i don't really get it. whatever.

then we get a Alex Riley video package...uggg. i was happy earlier in the night when it seemed like they just dropped him but then we get this. But Morrison or even Del Rio doesn't make the show.

We get a triple H movie trailer. maybe thats why they bumped his match with punk up? i don't know.

Main event was okay. would have liked christian and Henry to go over. i think they needed it more. it would have gave Christian momentum going into his match with Orton tomorrow night and Henry look good going into his match at the PPV.

Then we get Tripl H saying that he not Nash will face Punk at NOC... I don't like it, not at all. i hope they don't go through with this. i want this feud to be built up and this match to happen at a big event weather it be mania or Survivor Series. but just like them bringing punk back too soon it seems they are doing this too soon too. also i don't get why the built nash vs Punk all night it just makes me wonder what happened within the next 20 mins because 20 mins before that we had the preview or whatever on Screen. maybe they won't go through with it though, at least that's what I'm hoping for

No Morrison, apparently he is gonna have a Match with truth on superstars this week.
No Alberto Del Rio. this shocked me more than anything rarely do we have no WWE champion on the show at all.
No Zack Ryder. i heard he was taping Z true long island story during a commercial and he get laid out by Orton.... hate what they are doing with him. fans love him but they make him a annoying heel joke that gets beat up a lot.

Commentary was a lot better this week IMO.

Overall i don't know what to say about Raw. it had great parts but a lot of stuff pissed me off or confused me. maybe that's good? i don't know. i think others will like it more than i did. we all know I'm a A-Ry and Sin Cara hater and a Mofo. but Really after that 1st hour Raw kind of put me in a bad mood and i can't put my finger on why.

- During a commercial break on tonight's WWE RAW, they did a segment with Zack Ryder and World Heavyweight Champion Randy Orton.

Ryder came out filming for his YouTube show and announced himself as the Internet Champion. Ryder bragged to Orton about how successful his online show is but said he still can't get on TV.

Ryder entered the ring, wanting Orton to be a guest on his show. Ryder wanted Orton to be his "RK-Broski of the Week" but Orton wasn't having it. The World Champion laid Ryder out with a RKO and cut the filming short on Ryder's YouTube episode.

EDIT

They put the vid on WWE.com

WWE: WWE.com Exclusive: Randy Orton RKOs Zack Ryder

-- Following the Brie Bella vs. Kelly Kelly match on Raw, The Score in Canada accidentally cut to a feed of Eastbound and Down. During the brief cutaway, four seconds of bare-breasted women aired. The Score then briefly cut to a Steve Austin music video featuring "Somewhere Down in Texas" by George Strait before returning to the broadcast with the Alex Riley highlight video.

Catch that prax? lol.

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
« Reply #4 on: 30 August 2011, 01:08:34 PM »
Wow Sin Cara botched AGAIN. And he fucking won? His matches are painful to watch. I wish he would stop being forced down our throats. Yeah the mask seems cool but it seems to stop either wrestlers in ring abilities.

Lawler pointlessly slagging off McGillicutty and Otunga was complete bullshit yet both men work consistently as an excellent in ring tag team. It takes from an excellent tag match in which both teams made it exciting.

No Del Rio was surprising considering he is the champion so I agree with that Adam. As for no Morrison it was a show with both brands so would be harder for him to make the cut.

Anyway I really enjoyed Orton vs Ziggler that was an awesome match. I want to see Swagger get the belt from Ziggler and see Ziggler move onto bigger and better things (perhaps a feud with Orton now both brands have joined the same show.)

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #5 on: 30 August 2011, 02:53:35 PM »
I caught the East Bound & Down thing. Totally random lol. Came on right at 11PM.

In the SB Narc said that Del Rio had visa issues and couldn't make it to the show on time, which is why he wasn't there. Guess they just used Cena to build their feud. No one's fault though really.

Morrison not on the show is a bummer but at least he gets a match against truth on Superstars and I wouldn't be surprised to see him on SD tonight.

And Lawler wasn't pointlessly slagging MM and Otunga, clearly they had a point to it, and I love it. Don't get me wrong I hated the actual commentary as it was beyond over the top. The whole time I was hoping they'd come back next week and take him out, and I got my wish early. I don't know where they're going with this but if it means we get at least one King beating I'll be happy. Otunga looked intense. MM looked like an idiot yelling from the side though lol.

Speaking of the commentary, Cole was pretty good last night. JR is pointless though, he barely says anything and half the time I forget he's even there.

Opening Nash/Punk/H promo was great. Nash was a lot better in his delivery, and Punk was hilarious especially with the clicking. I don't understand why they changed the match though. They spend three weeks, and three quarters of a show building up one match and then change it with a random segment hidden at the end of the show? I hope they're going somewhere with this and not just hotshotting.

Cena/SD guys promo was good. Was super weird seeing Sheamus next to Cena and then tagging with him, but somehow I like it. Match itself was typical main event tag match but who cares.

Orton/Dolph was the best match of the last few weeks, great way to get Dolph over, love how they actually seem to have some faith in him again.

Swagger/Cara, who cares. I understand Cara has a market but now it's just oversaturing it. Maybe they're trying to overuse him so we get sick of him and they have a reason to get rid of him? lol. Dunno where they're going with Swagger always losing either.

I usually don't comment on Divas shit but it's kind of annoying how Beth and Natalya went from dominant wrestling divas to whiny bitches in the span of like two weeks.

Miz/Punk was decent but random. Punk didn't need to go RK-Over the way he did.

Overall it was a fun RAW. Weird change of pace, seemed like it was produced/put together differently. Maybe someone else was in the production truck? I really liked Cena talking to the camera while coming out, seemed authentic. A couple of great matches, good albeit weird build, entertaining throughout.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 30 August 2011, 04:12:04 PM »
Credit: PWInsider.com

WWE officials made the decision some time in the past week or so that Kevin Nash won't be wrestling for them. It's likely Nash will stick around for the time being and participate in the occasional angle but unless something changes, he won't be having a match. This is why CM Punk vs. Kevin Nash at Night of Champions was changed to Punk vs. Triple H. WWE knew going into RAW last night that Nash wouldn't be wrestling.

Nash recently went to Pittsburgh to do physicals for the company and something happened there that made them decide that they don't want Nash in the ring taking bumps and doing something as physical as a whole match. There is still some chance that Nash could end up wrestling but something happened after the physicals that have put a roadblack in front of Nash's return match.

The decision to put Triple H in the match with Punk wasn't made until yesterday. The original plans had Punk going over Nash at Night of Champions.

I don't know if i buy this. Why build the match all night to just change it at the end. a lot of jokes were gong around about Nash injuring his knees at catering and i think i find that more likely actually. but like i siad i hope there is more to this and someone like johnny ace or someone like that tells Triple H he can't wrestle or something along those lines and then Punk has to face someone else. Could be Nash. we have also talked about Mason Ryan, maybe a SD guy like Wade Barret or Christian? i just hope they hold off on Triple H vs Punk until mania. plus if they do it now who wins? Triple H hasn't put anyone over cleanly in so long and if Punk loses then he pretty much loses all his momentum.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #7 on: 30 August 2011, 04:56:46 PM »
I buy that maybe he's not in shape but I don't buy why they would build the match until fucking 2 minutes before RAW ended only to change it as if they hoped no one noticed. Something's up here.

More on Del Rio:

If you watched RAW, you saw that WWE Champion, Alberto Del Rio, didn't appear on the show. The fact that it was a RAW "Super Show" made his absence all the more confusing.

It seems Del Rio went back to Mexico this weekend to renew his work visa. This is not unusual as any non-U.S. citizens must return to their birthplace and to have this documentation up to date.

Del Rio was initially expected to be back and appear for RAW in Tulsa but obviously that didn't happen. As of now, he is expected to be at the live Smackdown on Tuesday.

According to one source, other than Cena making reference to Del Rio in his promo, the WWE didn't make any more mention of Del Rio's absence because they had no explanation in the storyline that would have made sense. WWE wanted to disguise Del Rio not being on RAW with the other storylines going on such as CM Punk/Kevin Nash/Triple H and with the amount of star power the show had featuring talent from both brands.

In addition to not appearing on RAW, Del Rio was not promoted for the Smackdown show during several of the promotional spots as they didn't want to bring up his name and appearance for Smackdown Tuesday without having to explain why he isn't appearing on RAW.

Why not just say he's in Mexico or something? Couldn't have been that hard to come up with an excuse lol. They mentioned him plenty during the show too, JR plugged him as "dangerous" and they plugged his match with Cara.

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
« Reply #8 on: 30 August 2011, 11:31:06 PM »
Yeah just say he has made a short trip to Mexico as the WWE champion or something.
Silly WWE.
And IMO if they discovered Nash can't wrestle they should have had him receive a backstage beating from an anonymous person to further the storyline but also as a way of excusing him from wrestling.

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: 31 August 2011, 02:53:24 AM »
Yeah just say he has made a short trip to Mexico as the WWE champion or something.
Silly WWE.
And IMO if they discovered Nash can't wrestle they should have had him receive a backstage beating from an anonymous person to further the storyline but also as a way of excusing him from wrestling.
Agreed about Del Rio.

As for the Nash thing - I like the idea of the backstage beating, as they would be able to tie it in even more, as the number one suspect would obviously be CM Punk, but he could deny it and be accused of lying too.
Quote from: CM Punk
Please, if you say ‘Because it’s your destiny’, I swear to jeebus I’m going to start drinking.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #10 on: 31 August 2011, 04:23:56 AM »
I guess they're still planning on using Nash despite not wrestling as evidenced by SD tonight. And they did something with Cena and Ricardo, could have easily been on last night