Author Topic: The Official TNA World x cup Thread  (Read 834 times)

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
The Official TNA World x cup Thread
« on: 3 July 2008, 10:31:35 AM »
Well i know it has been going on for like 2 weeks now but i wasn't sure who were all involved until i recently found a site that had the details about it so i thought i would post all the teams and then you guys can discuss about it if you wish.

Team TNA:
Kaz.
Chris Sabin.
Alex Shelly.
Curry Man.

Team International:
Divarai.
Doug Williams.
Tyson Duxx
Alex Koslove

Team Japan:
Milano Collection AT.
Puma
Naruki Doi.
Masato Yoshino.

Team Mexico:
Averno.
Volador Jr.
Ultimo Guerrero.
Rey Bucanero.

Results
Team Mexico. 7 points
Team Japan. 4 points
Team TNA. 6 pont
Team Int. 3 points

Round 1 were tag matches worth 1 point

Round 2 Is the current round. they are singles matches worth 2 points.

Round 3 will be at victory road and 6 a 12 man elimination match a believe worth 3 points.

Round 4 will be the ultimate x with a member from each team. i think it will be worth 4 points.

Now i don't really watch any international wrestling.

Team Japan.
 know japan wrestling is awesome but i just cn't handle not being able to understand what they're saying. i mean i will watch some stuff from japan but i won't like it as much.
But i do love Doi and Yoshino from seing them in Ring of honor. and i have also seen AT in ROH aswell and he was very good. so i think im for team japan.

Team Mexico.
i can't say i know ANY of them. i watched 1 mexico wrestling show one time when we had that channel. it was OK but they took WAY to much time on intros and stuff before they got into the match and even though i didn't understand them the storylines seemed VERY cheesey and looked like bad bad actors.

Team international.
Well i have seen all of thses guys now.of course divarai from the WWE but he is a better wrestler and not just kahlis bitch in the x cup. and its nice to see what he is capable of. doug williams. i have seen him from ring of honor and has always been pretty impressive. koslive just seems awesome from his matches i have seen in TNA. and Tyson duxx seems to be the leats talented guy on the team but i only seen 1 match and it was a tag team match so i can't really say.

Team TNA.
Well Team TNA is great. although i wish they wou;d drop the curryman gimmick because it makes TNA look stupid. but to have daniels,KAz and the Guns in there is the best you could ask for IMO. of course there is lethal and dutt and maybe AJ or something but lethal and dutt are feuding and AJis a main eventer now. so im totally happy with this team. the only reason i don't want TNA to win is because they won the 1st 2 years and if they win again it will just seem wrong.

Offline The Franchise

• The One True Breed.
The TNA World x cup.
« Reply #1 on: 3 July 2008, 06:52:53 PM »
Why the hell is Curry Man on team US? Yes i know he is Daniels but his character is supposed to be from Japan and wrestle for NJ/AJPW so it makes no sense. Nevertheless, still a great tournament and showcases excellent wrestling.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
The TNA World x cup.
« Reply #2 on: 4 July 2008, 12:06:05 AM »
Quote from: The Franchise;4433
Why the hell is Curry Man on team US? Yes i know he is Daniels but his character is supposed to be from Japan and wrestle for NJ/AJPW so it makes no sense. Nevertheless, still a great tournament and showcases excellent wrestling.

He isn't on team US there is no Team US he is on Team TNA and they explained that since TNA had the deal with new japan curry man wanted to prove his self to TNA by being on team TNA.

Offline The Franchise

• The One True Breed.
The TNA World x cup.
« Reply #3 on: 4 July 2008, 07:28:23 PM »
Ok thanks for clearing that up with me Adam, I haven't been able to catch up with TNA since Slammiversary tbh.

Offline GioGoiBoi

The TNA World x cup.
« Reply #4 on: 5 July 2008, 12:11:59 AM »
if u had seen Impact they cleared this up aswell that because he was contracted to TNA he had to fight on behalf of them. Was impressed wif the Russian until he was squashed haha

"Whether you like it or not, learn to love it, because its the
    best thing going.  Wooooo!"
    -- Ric Flair

Offline J2M

• Ballin'
The TNA World x cup.
« Reply #5 on: 5 July 2008, 01:02:31 PM »
I don't watch TNA at all mainly because we don't get it over here in Australia but this sounds very interesting. I'd like to see what happens with this.. but Australia is against TNA, lol.

Maryse \'fucking\' Quellet

Offline GioGoiBoi

The TNA World x cup.
« Reply #6 on: 5 July 2008, 04:54:45 PM »
if u wanna watch it, ive posted the TNA Impact stream in the stream section courtesy of Joox

"Whether you like it or not, learn to love it, because its the
    best thing going.  Wooooo!"
    -- Ric Flair

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
The TNA World x cup.
« Reply #7 on: 5 July 2008, 05:49:08 PM »
I think it would be over the top for Team TNA to win this as well which is a shame as I really do like the team this year, four of TNA's greatest. I'd say Team Japan should win as they look awesome in the ring.

Offline The Franchise

• The One True Breed.
The TNA World x cup.
« Reply #8 on: 5 July 2008, 07:53:51 PM »
Let's go Team International. (Y)

Offline bigdog

The TNA World x cup.
« Reply #9 on: 5 July 2008, 11:07:00 PM »
I've enjoyed Koslov. I'd love to see him get a contract in TNA. I agree that Curry Man needs to be dropped and Daniels needs to come back. I miss Fallen Angel... The OLD Fallen Angel.

But I've enjoyed this WXC. It's fun as it always is. Plus, Bucanero has imressed me. I like his style.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
The TNA World x cup.
« Reply #10 on: 16 July 2008, 08:06:25 PM »
Results

Team Mexico. 7 points
Team Japan. 4 points
Team TNA. 6 pont
Team Int. 3 points

We had some amazing World x cup matches this year. round 3 at victory road wasjust outstanding along with a good ultimate x match to finish it off. team mexican won the ultimate x and won the world x cup this year.

I am NOT happy at all. team mexican impressed me the least. they all seemed sloppy and nowhere near as good as team TNA,Japan or Intl. and when they won they had the post x cup interview with the guy supposed to be translating then you had ultimo gurrero say a lot of stuff and when the translator guy translated he was llike. "he said he is happy and proud" or something short and retarded like that.

overall the x cup was great! im just not ghappy with the winners

Offline The Franchise

• The One True Breed.
The TNA World x cup.
« Reply #11 on: 16 July 2008, 11:39:17 PM »
Yeah I was hoping for Team International to win because of Doug Williams, although I thought Team japan were truly awesome. I'm a fan of Alex Kozlov and that Japanese guy who was runner-up can't remember his name, might have been Milano Collection AT dude??

But following on, the X-Cup this year was Awesome and should make TNA come-to-senses to do this every year. Plus, they need to open their chequebook and sign some of these guys.

Offline firewall316

The TNA World x cup.
« Reply #12 on: 17 July 2008, 10:16:39 AM »
I'm not a very big fan of TNA, but I have to say I like the World X Cup thing. I saw a lot of matches on youtube. Haven't been able to download a good version of Victory Road yet to see finals. But I have to say, its pretty good.

Offline Zuccini

The TNA World x cup.
« Reply #13 on: 17 July 2008, 10:42:25 AM »
never knew there was a tna world cup but it looks very entertaining. what channel did they broadcast this on if they did

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
The TNA World x cup.
« Reply #14 on: 17 July 2008, 02:45:48 PM »
Quote from: Zuccini;7501
never knew there was a tna world cup but it looks very entertaining. what channel did they broadcast this on if they did

Well the 1st 2 rounds it was just on impact on spike TV. the finals were on there last PPV victory road. im sure you can find some matches out there though.